You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Weeping Woman And The Glitching Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Weeping Woman And The Glitching Man

 

As a young child, I used to see... Unexplained things. They bothered me constantly. They were never completely clear, like a bad TV set glitching all the time. I never really knew what it meant, but when I saw them, I was obviously scared.

And then, one day, I don't know how, but they went away.

Just recently, I decided to move in with my grandma. My grandpa was moved to a nursing home and my grandma told me to move into his room. I thought that this would be a great idea, so I packed my things and moved in ASAP.

It was my first week there and I decided to have my boyfriend at the time, Nathan, come over to hang out. He, too, used to (and still can) see some unexplained things. He decided to mess with me and play around with a pentagram. I am more religious then he is so of course I realized that it was associated with the Devil so I obviously didn't want a demon or anything in my room, so I told him to knock it off. He played around with it for a while and then got bored with it because nothing was answering, so he burned the paper. I started feeling very very anxious but after a while the feeling just kind of went away.

Later that night, I was getting ready for bed and my visions came back again. There was a man...5' 11", 6' 1" maybe just standing in my doorway. I knew it was a spirit because it just kept glitching and as it came closer to the foot of my bed. I panicked and screamed the Lord's Prayer. I didn't know what else to do because I wasn't sure if it would hurt me or not. My friend, Becca, called me that night to see what was wrong and I ended up telling her the whole thing. She told me to calm down and not to repeat the Lord's Prayer because

I don't know what I'm dealing with. She sent me additional information via text message, and I eventually calmed down. I don't think that I have ever prayed harder for protection then I did that night.

The next night, the experience by now had already been shoved to the deepest crevice inside my mind. I was just calmly praying again for protection and so on, and a feeling of deep sorrow just overcame me. Before I even had time to say Amen, I was bawling on my floor. I tried to calm down, and when I did I heard someone else crying, a woman weeping. She appeared (again glitching) and reaching out to me saying "Emily...Emily...come back." I started screaming and praying. It must have scared her off because she screamed back in something sounding like PURE agony. I could not understand her words, so I climbed into bed and fell asleep.

The next few nights were calm. I saw things in the darkness now and again, but I thought that it was only because the dark was toying with my eyes.

Nathan decided to interfere with the spirits.

He came over one night, and started talking to the man and the woman. The woman was near a corner in my bedroom, next to two mirrors. The man was closer to my bedroom closet.

We were sitting on my bed when he spoke out loud to them. He said that he wanted them to show themselves and move an object or make a noise to let themselves be known that they were there. He could not hear it, but I heard them pounding on the walls and coming closer towards the bed. I was terrified, and left the room.

Unbeknownst to me at the time, he called them out and made yet another pentagram and burned that when they did not answer.

I was terrified again by the spirits after that, almost always. They would slam my doors, turn on and off my lights, and appear right in front of my face...

I got to the point where I could not take it anymore. Every night I prayed and prayed that they would go away, stop bothering me, and just cross over.

That's when I started seeing things in my bathroom. I would open the door in broad daylight and there would be a dark figure standing near my sink. After a few days of this, I decided to just ignore it. When the figure did appear, I would ignore it or simply say aloud, "you're not real, you aren't really there."

This, I thought, was a good idea. I still believe that it was, because the figure stopped appearing shortly there after.

That is when I began seeing the old woman. She was fairly peaceful, her energy did not seem negative, and it seemed as if she was protecting me from the woman and man. The first time I saw her I was obviously spooked, she flashed right in front of my face. Still, months later, I can tell you what she looked like.

She had white hair, cut short and round glasses. She seemed to have soft eyes, obviously had wrinkles, but they still seemed gentle.

My first reaction was shock, and then closes my eyes and count to ten. When I opened them, she was gone.

Since then, even when I would be sitting on the couch watching TV, or anywhere in my house for that matter, I could feel her presence sitting or standing next to me.

Does anyone have an opinion on the old woman? Do you think she is protecting me? And with the woman and the man, (they still appear, but only when the old lady isn't around) do you think they were trying to hurt me in some way?

They would touch me and follow me, and I was pushed now and again, but never anything really hurtful. I have never been hit, bitten, or scratched, but I fear the day the old lady crosses over and I am left to deal with the man and woman.

If anyone really has good, serious advice on what to do, I am open to anything that may help me in any way. I thank all of those who will help me with this growing fear that I am harnessing.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cariixox33, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

cariixox33 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-23)
I'm just scared. It's not that I don't want anything to do with the spirit world, it actually really intrests me, it's just that when you're scared to fall asleep because you don't know what will be there when you open your eyes you really wish the spirits would just leave you alone.
I tried talking to the woman. I just spoke generally, I told her that my name wasn't Emily and that I could help her. (By the way, when she speaks and cries, she holds around her stomach. Personally, that reminds me of someone with child.)
The man only shows up near my doorway, before I leave or enter the room. I try to be polite and squeeze past him in the doorway, because I don't want to offend him by walking straight through him.
As for the old lady, I still haven't gotten a name, but I try to talk out to her in my bedroom. I see her sometimes at the bottom of my bed, and when I don't see her energy I see a slight indent where she would have been sitting.

BadJuuJuu: I didn't know that about the pentegram. From my religion, I just thought it was a no-no, I didn't know all that it represented.

DCinAZ: Nathan was a pretty low person for leaving me the "mess" to clean up, and I understand that now. And my biggest problem is my fear, which is now slowly going down, especially when the old lady is near me.
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-23)
The one thing I failed to address on my first post, and most important, is the lovely little scare-monger you call Nathan. If you should happen to find yourself allowing this mental case back into your home just know that when you lower your standards you suffer. Whatever he's done in your grandparents home was done on purpose by him. His immaturity and selfish disregard must not be allowed back in. Your grandparents don't deserve it and neither do you. Sorry for the harsh tone. It's only because I care. 😐 ❤
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
Your biggest problem is your fear. First thing, don't mistake your situation with what you've seen portrayed in the movies. They've got a financial stake in scaring people. The scarier the movie, the more tickets they sell. But that's not reality, it's fantasy. Put yourself in the place of one of your spirits. He/she has for all intents and purposes 'missed the bus'. They missed their chance to cross over when it was first opened to them. Who knows what the reason was, it no longer matters anyway, they just need help from our side to get there. They've still got emotions and feelings but now have gotten to that point of desperation and need that even though they don't want to frighten you they'll take that chance. They're lost so what other choice do they have? But not everyone has the capacity to see/feel them as you do. As far as they're concerned, you're their only hope. If you don't help them, what's left? You are in the very special position of being able to right the ship and get them on their way. You've been given a gift, a sacred trust. You now have the chance to prove you're worthy of that trust and all you have to do is get past the fear. For all they've been through, it would be a wonderful gift for you to offer. I'm sure you can find a way to see beyond the fear. After all, you were chosen. 😊 ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
Mmkay, I'm going to go slightly off-topic, then get back to the point.
Pentagrams, believe it or not, are not satanic. The five points of the star represent Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and the topmost point is Spirit. The pentagram is a very holy, positive symbol to many people. In Wiccan belief, the star is almost always upright. We only ever turn the star upside down to represent an inward journey, a time of personal discovery.
Satanists corrupt and mock everything pure and positive. They took the Christians' cross and turned it upside down to mock Christian spirituality. They did the same thing with our star. The difference though, is that crosses are still mainly associated with positive imagery, whereas the five-pointed star is now cringe-inducing for most people. Just wanted to clear up a little misconception, sorry 'bout going off on a tangent lol.
Now, your boyfriend behaved very irresponsibly by inviting ghosts into someone else's home. He taunted the spirits, and left you to clean up the mess. Now, you are scared of your own home. That fear is the first thing we gotta get through.
Ghosts have very little energy on their own. They absorb energy from electronics, or from our emotions. Emotional energy, especially negative emotions, are most potent. The energy you are sending out is fear, very negative. So, they are absorbing that negative energy. The more fear (negativity) you put out, the more they absorb. The more energy they absorb, the more they can manifest.
You first have to master your fear. Control the emotions you are releasing into your environment. Keep in mind, a ghost can't really hurt you. Scare the heck out of you, yeah. Hurt you, nah. Most ghosts just aren't strong enough to really do any harm. If the ones you are dealing with could, they would've done so by now. Take courage in that.
When you have your fear under control, tell the ghosts that they are not welcome, and that they cannot stay. Humans, living or dead, don't usually want to be where they are not welcome. You have to be strong when you say it, be firm, be bold. Show no fear. You have to be in control when you speak to them.
You mention you are religious. Pray. Pray for courage, comfort, and stregth. Nothing can strengthen a person's will like prayer.
Most likely, just changing your energy flow from negative to positive will make the male and female leave you alone. Focus on the change of energy. The older woman sounds like she is there to comfort you, and provide a barrier between you and the others. She is giving you a chance to figure out your best course of action. Take that chance.
Sorry bout the wall 'o text. 😳
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
Cariixox: Wow, you have a lot going on!...Okay, first things first... I don't think your boyfriend was very wise to provoke these spirits... Even nice spirits (like people) can only take so much harrassment before they get pi$$ed off... It doesn't sound to me like any of your guests want to do you harm... Ghosts will do stuff like poke, push, pinch, and pull hair if it's their only means of communicating with you...

The man and woman may need your help to cross over, as well as the old lady... I have a feeling that you won't see her very often because of your reaction to her first appearance... She probably doesn't want to alarm you again...

My suggestion to you would be to see if it's at all possible to help the couple cross over first, given your concern about being left to deal with them after the old lady leaves... And by all means, if it helps you to pray, then do it! 😊...

It's a pretty tough gift to deal with at times, but I'm sure you can... Just TRY to not harbor any fear... If you need to talk, vent or yell and scream, my e-mail is on my profile... ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: