You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Warning From My Dad Or An Angel?

Real Ghost Stories

Warning From My Dad Or An Angel?

 

My first experience with paranormal activity/vision was when I was20 years old. I was 5 months pregnant with my first child. It was December 31st, 1998. I was making plans to go out with my friends that for New Year's Eve. We were going to go out to Wisconsin. For some reason, I chose not to go and stayed back. I called them a half an hour before leaving and told them I was going to stay home.

That night everyone was home but my brother. It snowed that night. It snowed a lot. I had a dream that my brother had gotten into a really bad car accident. It felt like I was there. I saw the emergency room and everything. But I did not get to see what hospital we were in. Dreaming, not realizing the time, because, I was tired; I was in going into my last trimester with my daughter. In my dream the telephone was ringing. That moment when the phone in my dream was ringing and trying to wake up, I came to and heard my house phone ringing. I hurried up and went to answer the phone. I picked up the phone and it was my mother. My mom was calling and calling to wake one of us up. It was the bad news of my father in the hospital. My heart sank. When I hung up the phone, I ran downstairs to my brother's room to see. He was home safe. I then woke my brother and sister up and to the hospital we went.

In the Hmong culture it's bad when your loved ones don't visit you after passing away. Everyone else has had several dreams with him; even my boyfriend at the time had seen him after his death by months or by a year. I have only had two dreams with my father in it.

I know he is in a good place. R.I.P I miss you very much and it's been almost 11 years.

Other hauntings by mai05

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mai05, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SafetyTorch (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-28)
Weird, Your dad and my dad died on December, 31st. But my father just passed away in 2011. I'm sorry for your loss.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
First of all, sorry about the passing of your father. It is really hard to lose someone you love but even harder when you are pregnant. I'm sure he came to say goodbye to you and your family. I'm sure he is watching over you and your family. Stay safe and God bless!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
Looking into the future is a tool that comes from our spiritual side... On that night, your dad was tuning into you on a spiritual and emotional level, even though your dream in part was about your brother the telephone call was confirmation in my opinion that something spiritual was going on... Thank you for sharing your love for him is very evident... ❤
chingvang559 (42 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
Nice to hear more Hmong folks posting here. Come join the rest of us at pebhmong.com because they have a 150+ page of Hmong ghost story thread.
JerseyGirl1125 (4 stories) (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
This is Actually very similar to what happened to my sister. We had all been in bed sleeping and my sister had a dream that we were all at a funeral home, and she was upset because my great aunts nurse had dressed her in a ballet too-too (spelling?) and 2 different colored shoes (which is exactly what she wore the day I was born, she had been playing dress-up with my sister when they got the call that I was on my way into the world so she rushed to the hospital looking all types of crazy lol) so anyway... The nurse put her in a car and all of a sudden the scene changed from the parking lot of the funeral home, to sitting in a hospital and my whole family was in a circle with a phone in the middle waiting for it to ring... It rang in the dream and rang in real life... It was 7a.m. My sister went to answer the phone in her dream... And when she heard my grandpas voice on the other end she woke up and realized she was really on the phone with him, he had called to tell us my great aunt had passed away in her sleep.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: