You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghost Cell Phone Rings

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Cell Phone Rings

 

Over the past 3 nights I have had some recurring and very odd "calls" on my cell phone. The first happened early in the morning - 432am on the morning of Oct 16th 2010. I was lying in bed sleeping with my phone on placed beside me on a nightstand as I was on-call for work. At the above mentioned time my cell phone, a blackberry 8350i, rang 3 times. I struggled to find the phone in the darkness, but did, flip it over to look at it and it was as if no-one had called. Usually two notifying icons light up with every call. I woke my girlfriend and asked if she had heard it ring, and she had. Yet, there was no record of any incoming call, message or anything on the phone. I have had the phone for about 2 years and this has never happened. The ring was distinctly the blackberry light speed notifier. The ring tone I always use when my phone is set to a normal ring. We joked about it being weird during the day, as we had just recently returned from New Hampshire's - The Spalding Inn, where we had attempted some novice ghost hunting as it is supposed to be a haunted hotel.

Later that night I set my phone beside the bed again. At 303 am, again the phone rang 3 times in row with the light speed ring tone. I was shocked; my girlfriend heard it again this time as well. Again, there was no sign or record on the phone of any incoming call at all. No messages, icons, alerts or anything. I got up a few hours later and called my cell phone from my home phone to see it was working ok. The phone rang, and it was the BB pro 1 ring tone. I remembered at that moment that I had set my phone to the loud setting earlier the night before, and that this setting had a different ring tone than when set to normal. A shiver ran down my spine realizing that not only did my phone ring the second night in a row without a trace of the call on the phone, but it rang a ring tone that it was not even set on.

Whew... Going to bed on the 17th - last night as I write this, I really wondered if it would happen again. At 313am on October 18 (with my phone set the exact same as the night before) the phone again rang 3 times with the light speed ring tone. This time I picked it up in between the second and third rings and looked at the face of the phone, and it looked as if there was no incoming call at all. Yet for the third night in a row it rang 3 times with the same ring tone. Again there was no indication on the phone of any calls at all, and the last 2 night weren't even set to that tone.

Tonight I'm not on call, but I'm going to leave my phone on set to normal to see if it happens again. My phone has never done this, only these 3 nights in a row so far. Has anyone ever heard of this kind of a thing before? I'm not sure it's a ghost. But I really do think that it is. I would appreciate your comments or suggestions. I will keep you updated...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rpbonvie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

emily1010 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
I agree with all under me!

So what has happened since then?
What hotle is this btw?
mRose (8 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
Cellphone is tangible. Did you try to look around your room when you were there at Spalding Inn? If not, try it first and when find nothing, then you can consider it that there's a ghost inside of your room... 😐...Or just try to act that it's your phone ringing. Put your phone in your ears and try to talk. 😳 hehe...

Amyleeea, I didn't noticed what you'd found out... And I agree to you. 😊
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
Believe it or not, there are some special programs that allow a person to hack into a phone of any sort and be able to make it do just about anything- and make it seem as if no one ever was on there.

Such is the kind of stuff that governmental agencies have access to.
moomoomilk (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
Hey 😁
First thing I noticed was that 3.00 AM is around the time your phone rings, right? Just like 'butthead' stated that is also the time that spirit come out at. If I were you I'd have a go at keeping my phone on at night but this time put a bottle of holy water next to it, if it is a spirt, that should hopefully prevent it from ringing.
The hotle sounds like it has a lot of ghostly activity but it also sounds like a cool place too, lol πŸ˜† I've never heard of the hotle but it sounds really really nice:)
Good Luck Anyways x
MMM
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
Oh wow! I saw that episode too about the Spalding Inn. Sounds like an awesome place. Thanks for telling us a bit about what it was like. I would love to go visit there some time soon. So one couple actually packed up and hit the road; guess they couldn't handle it. LOL πŸ˜† 😊
xo_danny_ox (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
hi, great story! You should try switching you phone off and see if it still happens!
Maybe its a fault but its not likely! Maybe something came home with you from the inn!
rpbonvie (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
A girl we met there was playing the piano in the middle of the night and she swore it played 2 notes after she stopped. That freaked me out.

There was a lot of strange little things going on there for sure... Doors open that were closed before, and the rads upstairs all started whistling at once, even though they were cold.

I definately had an amazing time there. Next Oct I will be back for sure!

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and comments. You seem like a interesting group of people.

Reg
rpbonvie (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
Funny you should say that Amyleeea. It started on the 3rd night we were away from the place. Mind you, I didn't have my phone on the first 2 nights...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
Wow, Thanks! It IS gorgeous, is it not? There is just an ambiance to the place that no amount of wording can bring justice to... Something about those rambling, plantation like homes.
I will tell you what amazes ME about the place. The "extras" there seem to be very selective. During investigation OF the place, there were MANY occurrences that could not be explained. Just crazy, weird stuff that there was NO WAY someone could just say "Yep. Natural occurrence" to. BUT, they could ALSO not unquestionably state they were Paranormal, either. So it was all- "Let go" as simple Unexplained Instances.
The Ghost Hunters can do a investigation, come up with NOTHING, then a guest arrives with VAST amounts of... SOMEthing.
It is an awesome place to practice in, THAT is for sure.

Oh, and πŸ˜†. Welcome to OUR side with that "All double speaking, self hand jobbing, 'oh so clever' net diarrhea aside." Comment. LOVED it!
Wado.
Amyleeea (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
Uhmm, the number 3 seems to be coming up alot, 3 rings, 3 nights in a row and the number 3 in every time, I find that weird. How long after the inn did this start happening, 3 days, 3 weeks?
Has it happened since?
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
wow. Hope it stops. That would really trip me out, man. & for you, PJod LOL! Brilliant πŸ˜†
But I've always wanted to visit the place. I want to go now. Lol! Thanx for sharing. Bless you & yours, much love

~LSD~
mRose (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
maybe there's a phone around your room. Try to look around, maybe someone just left their phone there. πŸ˜‰
butthead (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
does sound strange that it's after you visited a "haunted location" and the time when your phone rings is between 3-4am. Isn't 3am supposed to be an active hour for particular spirits? Just a thought...
Big co-incidence if not,
Take care x
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
rpbonvie - THANK YOU! I'm so glad to hear a positive review. I knew about the no TV thing and was okay with that. Wish you'd have had a ghost or two to tell us about; maybe next time πŸ˜†

This is on my list of places to stay. Thanks for sharing!
sandeescare (2 stories) (12 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
Sounds a lot like my story. But it's my home phone that is ringing. Not my cell phone.
rpbonvie (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
The Spalding Inn. We went there overnight for my birthday last week. We were 1 of 2 couples booked in for the night - it was a Tuesday night... It's oldish, w oldish furniture, no tv's in the rooms - it's a real Inn typ'o joint. But the kind that has so much character and great feel to it. It's set in the mountains of New Hampshire, and really couldn't be more beautiful a spot in the fall. There is a sort of main house with a sitting areas out front, an awesome porch, a wing of rooms off that the main house, a large dining room with a piano and a downstairs baroom. Plus an unattached carriage house with rooms in there as well.

The staff that was on was awesome and toured us all around the place. It was amazing to hear about the various stories about people staying there. Only one other couple was booked in for the night and they didn't check in until we were out for dinner. Right after we got back from dinner we headed out to the front porch with a drank and suddenly we see them at the front desk, they have their shiat and they're effin off. I was like what? Later another couple checked in, who new nothing of the place. We were sitting the main sitting area watching the Ghost Hunter episode of the place when they arrived. They were awesome, and we wound up staying up all night with the entire place to ourselves to investigate. I never saw any actual ghosts, but we had to convince them to stay after hours of us all getting worked up from the little things that will happen in a place like that.

I used my cell phone to take pictures of the place and take a lot of sound recordings. So I was walking around with in in my hand all night, and I was up until 4. I think that what made me really question it acting so strangely weird as soon as it was on at night after the fact. All double speaking, self hand jobbing, "oh so clever" net diarrhea aside.
punkinholler (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
Heh! Finally something I can comment on. I've got no personal ghostly experiences but I have lots of technical do-dad experience. I agree with BJJ, Synd412 et. Al. I think your phone is experiencing some technical difficulties. This might be a stupid question but have you checked the alarm function? I ask because an alarm that was set accidentally set or even set by someone else as a prank might explain what you're experiencing, especially if it isn't working properly. Alarms, by definition, always go off at the same time so that's one detracting point from my theory unless yours is broken or doing strange things with its snooze function. However, alarms usually have their own default ringtone that is independent of the incoming call ringtone, and an alarm wouldn't show up as a missed call. Just a thought.
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
How do you know it's your phone if it shows no sign that it is ringing?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
rpbonvie - don't leave us hangin', man!πŸ˜† I really want to hear how your stay at The Spalding Inn was.

I saw the TAPS episode and, contrary to most people's opinion, I enjoyed it. I'd really like to hear your opinion of the place. Even if you didn't encounter a ghost, I really would like to hear what you and your girlfriend thought of The Inn.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
whitebuffalo - yes, I knew that would grab your attention. I also just realized I spelled it like the sporting equipment! πŸ˜†
rpbonvie (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
Thanks for the comments everyone... I will try some of your suggestions, but I happen to be all out of fabric softener. Lol That was good man...

Last night nothing happened. Tonight I'm setting the phone back to loud to see if it happens again.

The spalding inn is awesome. I'll write more about that when I have a little more time. Thx, everyone.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
Oh My LANta, Pjod! Good one. I seriously choked on the Mountain Dew I was trying to guzzle as I was surfing through the comments. Whew! THANK YOU for breaking it up like that. Really. You have NO idea.

Now, Marjie. You KNOW that little off the cuff question is what pulled me in, right? πŸ˜‰ Just checking.
Actually, The Spalding Inn is owned by Jason and Kris Hawes and Grant and Reanna Wilson. BEAUTIFUL place. You all ought to Google it.

Hello there, rpbonvie.
Yeah. You know what? Very recently I had to break down and buy another cell. I was so ticked. I just turned it on one morning to head back out into the ol' grind and the thing just gave be a "snow screen". You know what I mean, right?
I really should not have been ticked, though, because for DAYS it had been doing some really weird things on it's own. It was calling up people in my contacts (which, in a few cases proved to be rather embarrassing), "vibrating" a text in when no text came, would let me send a text- then immediately shut itself off- only to turn itself back on minutes later. It was really aggravating as for MY job I "live" for the cell, beeper, and land line (and e-mail, campus mail...)
Apparently what happened was my battery went into meltdown. It slowly ate itself until there was no more juice in the ol' kicker. I would suggest trying the purchase of a new battery before going as drastic as I did, though. I am still slamming this one up against the wall to figure out the danged features.

So... Uh, How was the vacation? What did you think of the place?
Wado (Thank you)
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
you know when you computer act up and people asked "have you tried turning it off and back on again." well the same goes for phone but you take out the battery and put in back in should clear up most simple software issues. Other than that there's not much I can think of.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
rpbonvie - I'm technologically-challenged, as some of my friends on here will agreeπŸ˜† so I have nothing to offer here.

My comment is about The Spaulding Inn. This IS the Inn owned by Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson and their wives, isn't it? I'm curious to know how your stay was.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
Hmmmm on one hand I have to agree with the others and say take the phone in to be looked at. On the other hand the times that these calls are happening is kind of creepy. Let us know if anything else happens. Thanks 😊

[at] Pjod - That was great. Your comment made me bust out laughing! LOL! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Syn412 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
It may be technical and that should logically be your first action. Take your card (if possible) and put in on another phone (girlfriend). Keep your phone turned off and see what happens. If nothing, then most probably it's your phone. If girlfriend's phone rings... Or worse, your phone, then the moment you hear it ring... Ask it to leave you alone. Be strong, no fear, tell it to leave, that you're not afraid and to go. Just an idea, hope it works.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
Sounds like a demon.
Use plenty of water, salt, and fabric softener. Rinse phone and repeat.
😜

J/K havin' a little fun. Maybe time for a new phone.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
There may be some sort of malfunction with the phone. Have you had it looked at? If not, go to one of your carrier's stores and have someone check the phone out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: