You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Little Boy Outside my Door

Real Ghost Stories

Little Boy Outside my Door

 

When I was about 12 or 13, I was sleeping in my room and my mom came and woke me up for school. It was winter so it was pitch black outside and dark in my room, but the hallway light is always on. My mom opened my door about a foot and told me to wake up, but in those light conditions, she just looked like a black shadow. So I sat up and said ok, and she moved away from the doorway, leaving it open. Behind her was the shadowed outline of a little boy and at the time, I had a nephew about that height and size, so I figured he was at our house for some reason. I laid back down and a few minutes later, I went to get up and the little boy shadow was gone, so I figured he had gone downstairs. I got up and went downstairs and it was just my mom. I asked her why my nephew was there, and she looked at me funny and said "why would he be here". And I said "you mean he ISN'T here?", and she said yes, it was just her. I didn't tell my mom what happened because she wouldn't have believed me. And I never saw the little boy again.

But our house is haunted, so I wasn't too worried about the little boy. Lots of things happen at our house, mainly having to do with the upstairs and our stairway. The house is about 100 years old, so I kind of think maybe something happened on the stairway. Directly under the upstairs stairway is our downstairs stairway which leads to the basement. For months I had a recurring dream about being chased by something and hiding under the basement stairs. When I would get under the stairs I would wake up. My friend thought that maybe my dream was trying to tell me something, and there was something under the stairs. I haven't gone under them since she said that because I'm afraid I will find something.

Anyone ever had a dream like that and found something?

Other hauntings by bittersweet171740

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bittersweet171740, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
That is pretty scary.
I sort of know how you feel.
There is a little boy, girl, my granny and grandpa (that I know of) in my house.
My house is also over 100 years old!

I have dreams like that and I find stuff, so your not alone.
Maybe you and your mother could check underneath the stairs. Maybe the spirit died under there and it wants you to give it a proper burial that it never had.
Not trying to freak you out, but it is just a thought.

You seriously should check under the stairs. Maybe it is nothing. Maybe once you check under the stairs, you will stop having the dream.

I wish you luck! 😊
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-05-27)
Bittersweet171740,you must have a repeated dream of a little boy's memory and this spirit want you to help him, so be nice to him or bad things happen to you...
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
OK, I have never had any experince with a little boy (or any ghosts)... But I have had a nightmare before. About this thing that has no face coming towards me. But it didn't look like it wanting to kill me. More like welcome me. Its arms were open. In my nightmare I would always run and scream. It would always follow me. Its eyes would turn red 😨 and would start moaning out "come with me... Come with me..." it be 1 foot away from me. Then I could finally see that it was a demon. A demon that wanted me to go down to hell. Wich scares me even more cause I feel like something is always watching me in my room O_o freaky, huh? 😭
Tima (2 stories) (16 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-05-23)
well, I've had dreams like that before and one time I did go to the part of my house in my dream and I found a doll and a bunch of boxes. I didn't look in the boxes, though. I was too scared. Maybe you should check with someone else with you.
Alison (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-05-21)
Hi. I think that you should check out what's under the stairs. When you have a dream like that, and when it happens so often, it's probably trying to tell you something important. Maybe it's not even scary. (But leave all the lights on anyway.)
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-05-21)
Hey bittersweet, this haunting is very common but, to admit it, very creepy indeed, don't you agree? Well, I think that the little boy indeed lived there before. You don't just dream dreams for no reason, they happen for a reason. Commonly, they try to tell you something or just try to teach a lesson somehow but I don't doubt that your dream means something. You could look it up on the internet and try to interpret.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: