You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ghost That Lives With My Aunt

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost That Lives With My Aunt

 

When I was little, I didn't see my aunt often. I had never been to her house. I'd heard rumors of "the witch under the bed" from my cousins, but I never believed them.

One day, I finally visited her for the first time in all my life. When I walked into her house, it felt... Strange; like a heavy weight was pressing down on me, and it was hard to breathe. I was scared to death. I kept my thoughts to myself, and fell asleep on the couch.

I had a dream that there was a man in the house, and he was angry. He kept telling us to go away or he would kill us. He repeated it over and over.

When I woke up, it was around 6 p.m. Nobody was in the house but me. I got up to explore the rest of her house, but then I realized I was all alone, and I remembered my dream. I went into the kitchen to get some water, and then all of the sudden my eyes got really big and I turned my head slowly to look over my shoulder. There, standing behind me was a dark, shadow figure staring at me. I couldn't move. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't think. I was frozen in fear. We were standing there for a long time, just staring at each other. This is going to sound crazy, but I could actually hear its voice inside my head. It was telling me to go away and never come back. It was angry. I wanted to cry. I wanted to run out of that house and never look back. I wanted whatever it was gone. I somehow managed to break free of its death-stare. I ran as fast as I could out of the house, past the gate, all the way down to the end of the street.

After about an hour, I saw my mom walking towards me saying "Oh sweetie, what's wrong? Why in the world are you down here? Do you know how worried we were?" I didn't respond. I was thinking about whether I should tell her what happened or not. "Would she think I'm crazy? Maybe I am crazy..." Those were the thoughts running through my head. Then she said, "Come on, get up. Let's go back to the house." I just shook my head and started crying. "I'm not going back to that house, Mom. I'll stay here. When are we leaving?" Then my mom said, "We're staying the night here... Will you please tell me what's going on?" And that was just my luck. She had to go get my dad and my aunt just to make me get up and walk over to the house.

I was so scared that night, I slept with my mom. But I actually didn't sleep... I stayed awake and watched the room. There were loud tapping noises and the closet door kept swinging back-and-forth. I got scared and put my head under the covers. I FINALLY fell asleep at about 4 a.m.

When I woke up the next morning, my mom was gone. It was about 9:30 a.m. I got up and walked towards the door. Right before I touched the door-knob, I heard heavy breathing in my left ear. I froze. I didn't turn around because of the incident that happened the day before. I gained the courage to turn the door-knob and ran out of that room as fast as I could. I saw my mom and ran up to her and gave her a big hug, mainly because it made me feel safe.

I have never spoken of this until now. Sometimes I still have dreams of the man that wanted me to leave, but thank God it's just a dream. I've never been to my aunt's house since then. I'll probably never go back.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blondie333, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

blondie333 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
jazzeyjay: Thank you so much 😊 I'm really glad you don't think I'm crazy!... Because a lot of people do. It's really hard to talk about to and in front of people.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
blondie333: I can understand your Aunt just ignoring everything especially if it is not causing her any harm. Moving is not an easy thing and people just don't have the money, time or energy to just jump up and move. Once a person has lived somewhere for a while the place grows on them and they get used to the neighborhood and their surroundings and it's not easy to just move. I can relate and I guess she just feels like she will just ignore it and if she don't bother it, it won't bother her. I'm glad she and your mother both know and neither one of them are trying to make you think it's all in your head.

I will keep her in my prayers and hopefully one day these things will end.
blondie333 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
jazzeyjay: Yes, my aunt knows. She simply ignores it. I don't know how, but she does. And I WILL NOT go into her bathroom, her bedroom, the laundry room, or the back porch. They all have an eerie feeling. My mom has said that she's felt like there was something in there, but she doesn't talk about it much.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
blondie333: That was a spooky story. It reminds me of the time when I was a child having to stay the night at my aunts house. Her house was so spooky, it smelled like moth balls and she really wasn't a nice person at all. I remember not wanting to take a bath because the bathroom was so frightening and I could feel someone watching me in every room that I went in.
Do your Aunt know how uncomfortable people feel inside her home? Has she experienced anything herself, or has she and is she just trying not to acknowledge it? Some people think if they can ignore the happenings, they will go away, but that's not always true. Sometimes these things just don't like being ignored and do everything they can to make a huge statement. Sounds like your Aunt is comfortable living there, but one more question. Has your mother ever said anything about seeing or feeling things when she's there?

Thank you for sharing this story and I wish you and your family well!
blondie333 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
Darkness: It was very frightening. And my cousins have a lot of experiences there as well. You'd have to email me to get the rest of the stories. My aunt ignores all of it. She knows there's something there, but she doesn't do anything about it.

Biblefreeme: that's another story. Sorry... That ties into what my cousins have experienced.

DCinAZ: You can email me too if you want.
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
Your whole experience there sounded very frightening, and I have to say you handled it as well as can be expected for being told you were staying overnite after the stare down you had with the dark man. Good for you! I agree with Darkness, I'd too would love to hear what your cousins experienced when they visited. Thanks. 😐
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
great story but why is it called the witch under the bed sorry call me dim but I didn't get it
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
Sounds like a very frightning experience being so young aswell makes it that bit scarier. The way you describe how you felt when you entered your aunties house is the exact same feelings I get when entering some homes its a very dampening feeling. It seems that your cousins have a few stories of there own it would be great to hear there version of events.
I wonder what your Auntie makes of all this is she aware of these events at all?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: