You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Last Innocent Summer

Real Ghost Stories

The Last Innocent Summer

 

I was spending the summer of 1992 at my aunt's, arriving just days after my 11th birthday. Shortly afterwards we received word that a family member was murdered. It rained very hard that evening. I lay in bed awake late into the night. In the rain and thunder I could have sworn I heard the sound of a woman scream. A thump broke the stillness as something landed next to me. I reached over in the darkness, picked up the object and held it up so that a ray of light through the window could reveal it. But I knew what it was the moment I felt the light impact. I knew it was the crucifix that rested atop a ledge above the bed which was situated in the corner of the room. I sat up and put it back. Moments later I felt a finger poking my side, almost in a ticklish manner, I thought it was my imagination. Then it happened again. I didn't think much of it. I've never been easily scared. I thought it was just a freak occurrence.

The next night the stereo in the room flicked on, a light audible static hissed from the speakers. The clock read 2:02 AM. It shut off. Now these events were beginning to get my attention. I felt a finger touch the top of my head, right at the back of the crown where you see bald spots. It definitely felt like a human hand, yet I was alone in the room. This would happen every single night for the rest of the summer always at 2:02 AM. Everything got worse. The stereo would flicker on and off rapidly throughout the night, the static just loud enough to wake me but no one else. The lights would turn on and off and always the hand touching the back of my head. I would awake to a female voice whispering my name in my ear. I dreaded going to sleep. I lived in fear of the setting sun. No one believed me.

Now years later at the age of 29, I no longer live in fear, but I attribute my chronic insomnia to trying to stay up all night so I wouldn't have to endure the terrors of the night. It took years to get over it. I was able to get rid of my night light when I was 18. My aunt moved and I never had to return to that house. It was years later I found out someone died in that room.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, perpetual_burn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lemonchan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-23)
wow that would totally freak me out! Especially figuring out that someone had died in that room...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: