You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Phone Call From Deceased Friend?

Real Ghost Stories

Phone Call From Deceased Friend?

 

This is my first story as I've been apprehensive to sharing my experience but after reading so many interesting stories, I felt comfortable to share mine. A little background - I'm 26 and live in Canada's capitol city, Ottawa.

About 3 years ago I suffered pain from the sudden loss of one of my closest friends, Johnny. To this day the cause of death is unknown to me (I assume the family knows but I respect their will to keep it private), but he was discovered in his home on a Monday, mid-September. This was extremely hard for me as we were inseparable, even worked for the same company. I'll try to give as many details leading to my phone call without rambling too much.

A few days prior to him being found, I had attempted to reach him. Calls, texts, emails, Facebook, you name it. No response. I assumed he maybe was busy or simply went away for a few days, but since he was not at work and hadn't told me, I of course got worried. I tried not to let my worries get the best of me but after a few days of no contact I reached out to several people for info. No one had heard from him. He lived alone. Police headed to his home shortly before I finally decided enough was enough and drove there myself. I got the awful news. You can all imagine the amount of guilt I felt - 'why didn't I go to his home sooner?'

On or around Oct 1st I had a very interesting dream. I was in a forest with Johnny, frantically trying to find a way out since I felt I was late for something or had somewhere to be. Johnny kept repeating one phrase to me. "You're ok, I'm ok, we're ok'.

I keep my cell phone on my nightstand as I also use the alarm feature. My phone at the time was still fairly new with no signs of wear, or usage problems. It was however, a flip phone. All of us know that you cannot place a call without the cell phone being flipped open right? This is where it got interesting.

At about 5am, I woke up to the sound of a phone dialing a phone number, and then of course the ringing, waiting for the other line to pick up. This was odd to me so I grabbed my phone to see and my phone had selected, out of the 100 or so contacts, Johnny. My cell phone called Johnny. I panicked! I grabbed my phone while it was still flipped closed and the other end still ringing flipped it open and put it to my ear. The ringing stopped, as if someone answered but no one spoke. I said "hello? Johnny?". Nothing. I of course burst into tears, and sat up in bed thinking of my friend.

Was this odd phone call maybe related to my dream the same night of him telling me everything was ok?

I still miss him so much. Xox

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nadia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nadia (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-17)
[at] othershadows101
It wasn't someone butt dialing me as it was my phone, while still flipped closed, that was dialing out. It wasn't someone phoning me. That's why it was all so strange! How is it that while my phone is flipped closed, that it was able to place a phone call to Johnny? So odd.
othershadows101 (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-10)
im so sorry have you ever thought that someone got his phone and butt dialed you or johnny had maybe wanted you to say goodbye and tried to call you 😕
Cal_Coopz (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
Hi Nadia,

I'm a parapsychologist from the UK. Could you email me about this case or message me through my website www.calcooper.com contact [at] calcooper.com. Thank you so much, I look forward to hearing from you.
Nadia (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-24)
[at] Nawtij -
I've been asking myself the same thing since.
At the time they said the autopsy was inconclusive. While I personally don't believe it (he was so young and as far as I knew, healthy), they are a tight and private family.
My own horrible guess is that something worse happened that they did not want known.
I asked a couple times through conversations with his siblings, but it comes down to the fact that I respect them and just can't pry if they either really don't know, or want to keep it private. You get the drift.
Tears me apart and there is rarely a day that goes by that I don't think about him and what actually happened.

Thanks for all the posts everyone! Such support. It really is a sort of family here.:)
Xo
Nawtij (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
[at] HockeyChick101 "expessialyy"? 0.o

Interesting story, but why didn't his family inform you as to his cause of death if you two were so close?
HockeyChick101 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-25)
Omg that's horrible that he passed! 😭
Thats so weird that it happened, expessialyy right after that dream!
-Kori
Nadia (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Annoyed12 - that would creep me out too!
Maybe it wasn't a joke, maybe it was your friend saying 'hey, thanks for coming. I'll see you again later on':)
Annoyed12 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
Something happened to me about 15 years ago. I worked in Law Enforcement and an officer from my department intentionally shot himself. While at his wake, approaching the closed casket, my pager went off. The number displayed on the page was one digit... The deceased officer's badge number. Could someone have been playing a cruel joke? Maybe. But still very creepy.
Nadia (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
Thank you to everyone who posted. You are all so very accurate in your thoughts!:)
You have all given a level of insight that has been so helpful!
Xox
scaredcharmaine (5 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
hi nadia first sooo very sorry second I think jonny had a crush on you and wanted to say good bye that's why he said we are ok so he is your new gardian angel god bless 😁
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
this type of experience is very common the dream is similar to one I had the night after my daughter was born read my story and youl understand also the phone call these are crisis aparitions they can range from things like this, dreams that don't feel like dreams, to full blown aparitions they are meant to bring you comfort
crossingover1111 (10 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
it was his way of saying he is OK and not to worry. Love him and see him surrounded by white lite and love. He is OK. I am sorry you lost such a dear friend. I hope you are doing Ok. Know that in the after life you will see him again. Because as you know we never die only the body does. We go on to another existance. Peace be with you always.
seanmetalhead (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
i feel sorry for you cause I have never had a dead freind I hope you still don't feel guilt 😉
Nadia (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
Peeko (Leah), BadJuuJuu and roseinbloom -
You have all made me smile.:) Your touching responses really make me happy and comfortable in understanding that Johnny did this to make sure I stopped being so hard on myself.
I find it amazing that he was able to find a way to tell me he's with me and that there was no guilt to be felt.
You have all made me feel very confident that there are no negative feelings between he and I.
I will absolutely let him know that I've received his message and that I am content, and care about him so very much...
I want nothing more but for Johnny to be at peace. I think about him all the time!
Thank you all so much.:) Hugs.
Xox
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
Nadia, first of all, let express my deepest condolences, on the loss, of your good friend, Johnny. It truly, is obvious, of the, "true loving friendship", you both, shared.
In my opinion, Johnny, loved you so much, that he, crossed over to, "rest any possible guilt", you may have had, concerning, his untimely passing. You have been given, the oppurtunity, of being able, to yet again, have a hand in bringing, peace to him.
Let him know, that you have recieved his message, thank him, and inform him, that he may rest assured, that you are also,"content", and ready to let all guilt and worry go.
I feel, you need to do this one last act of love, for him, so that he may be able, to move on the the next step, of moving towards his eternal peace.
Apparently, he may have had issues, in this life, that even a good friend, such as yourself, was not priviy to. This was his decision, and must be respected. Do not worry, or give it another minute of thought. As he said himself, "You're O.K., I'm O.K., we're O.K." 😊 ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
It sounds like the call was confirming what he was telling you in your dream. Sometimes, a person will try to contact us from the Other side, to let us know they made the journey, they are safe, and we can stop worrying. Also, he wanted to alleviate the guilt you were feeling from not going to his home earlier. I think he wanted you to know he was safe, and that you shouldn't beat yourself up. That's why he said "we're ok" as in there was nothing but love and trust between you, no guilt or sorrow in the relationship.
True friendship is a beautiful thing. I think it says a lot about the bond between you that he found a way to communicate to you that he made the journey. I'm sorry for your loss, but glad you had such a steadfast friend. Remember him with happiness. ❤
peeko (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
aww this is such a touching story. I don't claim to be any sort of expert at all but I really believe this was your friend letting you know that he is always with you, especially with the fact you felt guilt around his death. Thanks for sharing:-) Leah

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: