You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Walking Around The House

Real Ghost Stories

Walking Around The House

 

My first experience in this field dates back to 1982 when I was living in New York. I now live in South America.

I was 14 years old attending junior high just a few blocks away from my house. For some reason that I can't recall, a couple of friends and I decided to cut out of school that day and since I lived so close to school and the fact that both my parents worked we decided to go back to my house. We hung out in the basement so as to not leave any traces in the rest of the house that we had been there (my folks hardly ever went down to that part of the basement). The basement was divided in two. You had a smaller room where we had the washer and dryer and heating system and another larger space kind of like a family room.

At approximately noon we were just sitting around talking when we started hearing banging noises coming from the smaller room. I really didn't pay much attention to it and we thought it might be the heating or something like that. It went on for a couple of minutes then stopped. A few minutes later we heard the kitchen door open and then we heard footsteps (I would like to point out that we all heard them not just me) the footsteps were pretty loud you could clearly hear them walking around the kitchen which was right above us and then heard them go up the stairs to the first floor where the bedrooms and bathroom were.

The first thing that came out of my mouth was, "My mother's going to kill me!" So I decided to go upstairs and face her. When I was just a few steps down from the kitchen the first thing I noticed was that my mother's purse was not on the counter nor were her keys, which was the first thing she did when she got home. This really scared me so I went back down and asked one of my friends to come with me and check out the rest of the house, there was no one around. I can assure you that we all heard the footsteps. I was so scared that when my parents came home that night I told them what had happened. My mother told me that she didn't mention anything to me before because she didn't want to frighten me, but she had also experienced strange things in that house, like things disappearing from one room and appearing in another or just disappearing and a couple of times she heard someone call her name. We also had a cat that always seemed to be running around the house like he was running away from something. One minute he was lying on the couch and then all of a sudden he would run up the stairs like a bat out of hell and hide under my bed or in my closet.

In time we found out that the original owner of the house had died there, he fell from a high ladder when he was cutting branches off a tree that was in the yard. A few months later we moved to South America (where my family is from originally) and where I have had a few strange experiences but I'll leave that for another time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jackie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostbeliver (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
i like your story really interesting and I hear foots steps too at my aunts place and her room is haunted as well
Ruyboy (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
Amazing it's a very close story to my sister and brother's story. In my grandma house. My grandfather fell drunk of the balcony and died later in hospital. My grandma has been talking about strange feelings after his death. One night my sister and brother came home from a party around 3 am in the morning. They were a sleep in the bedroom at the entrance and on the side of the kitchen. They started to listen a person walking in the living room and around the house. Thinking that was my grandmam and she was going to tell them off to go to sleep. Well they were still talking and the walking going around. They started to hear the person walking in the kitchen that was next to room thinking that was my grandmam. And my sister said: there comes grandmam to tell us to go to sleep. In the bedroom are two beds were my brother and sister were sitting. My brother was with his back to the door and my sister facing the door. And when they felt the person walking on the door my sister looked and saw just a pale bare foot and the end of a skirt. She got up and runned to the door and at the entrance of the house to the exit door there was nobody. The outside door was locked. Nothing there! My sister as brother said was laughing, crying everything at the same moment. And my grandmam was in her bedroom a sleep. The thing is both heard the walking around. But the foot was a female foot that later we talked and was from the mother of my grandfather that also died in the house!
Jackie (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
Thanks to all for reading this... And no, I'm sure that I haven't been followed by this "ghost". I've had other experiences but none with footsteps, this time I actually saw a Ghost. I'll write about it soon. 😨
TheGirlInWhite (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
Thanks for sharing. Sounds creepy with the footsteps.

I know that animals are more open to the paranormal than humans so it is possible that your cat was diturbed by somthing there.
Yes it could be that he was still there, ghosts still hang around if they still want to be a part of the material world. So he could just still be "living" there after he died, which for me is backed up by you and your mum (well you didn't say so) didn't experiance anything "bad".

But I agree with Sworsman-if the same problem followed you to your new house, it would be unlikely it was the spirit of the man who died.

Hope this helped:)
swordsman (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-23)
It could well be that a man dying there is just a coincidence. If the problem followed you around it would be highly unlikely it's a ghost.
It is also possible that it's just coincidence you stumble across paranormal entities, you may be more sensitive to them than most people or they are just attracted to you for some reason.
seanmetalhead (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
well if there is anything wrong with your current house is to leave it until it gets bd that's what I would do 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: