You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Bengal Cat Peeves's New Call - Moo'woo

Real Ghost Stories

My Bengal Cat Peeves's New Call - Moo'woo

 

I've always considered stories like the one I'm giving as nonsense, but if it were all nonsense I wouldn't be here I guess. Come to think of it, I've never heard of a ghost animal story about an animal that didn't belong to the person telling it. I googled my subject to look for answers and wound up here. I don't really know where else to ask about this.

I have 3 cats. I have never had a pet die on me. The cats I have are good, disciplined, and usually sleep all the way through the night. My mother in law is very old world and senses spirits, blesses things with holy water, and stuff like that. She came to help us with the yard work in our new house, which is only about 10 years old. After sleeping in the upstairs guest room, she said that an animal jumped on the bed, walked across, and licked her. She then felt that nothing was there, turned the light on, and there were no cats. The door was closed so nothing could have gotten in. She declared the next day that we have a ghost and I blew it off, just like I blew off the holy water she had to sprinkle around our house when we moved in.

My cats sleep with me. Since she left, my Bengal cat Peeves has been getting up from 3:00-5:00 AM to run around and play, chittering and meowing happily, but waking me up. The other two cats are staying on the bed. I went to check on him and he was chasing around the room and swatting in the air at something that's not there. No bugs to be seen. Several nights in a row, he's been waking us up with a new sound. My wife says lying next to me "I've never heard him say that one before." Neither have I. He's an extremely smart cat who has distinct calls for me, my wife, and the other cats. It's hard to explain, but for example he calls out to one cat as Wa'Ow and me as Ma'Moo. He calls out to this new whatever it is as Moo'Woo.

Last night, in a bout of insomnia, I was up all night on the computer. I felt one of my cats walk into the room and up to my chair; put its paws on the chair. I happily was making room in my lap when I looked down and there was nothing there. Downstairs I heard Peeves yell out "Moo'Woo!" I got up, looked down the staircase and saw him looking up expectantly, waited a couple of seconds, then run off and play. It was 4:00AM. I went down and sat on the couch to watch him, but got a little creeped when he chased it around my head.

He still gets up at the same time every night and yells out three or four times this same call then plays frantically for two hours. I think it's a little eerie, but annoying. My wife is freaked out. My wife's mom says that since it's not a mean spirit you can't drive it out.

First, did she bring this thing here whatever it is? We were here for months before this started happening.

Second, should I be worried? Like I said, I'm not, but it is annoying.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mortal888, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

alien11able (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-20)
How incedible! My bengal cat also has a name for me that sounds like Ma'Moo!
ram (25 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-24)
hey just change your place if its bothering or get your house sprinkled by holy water. Sometimes cats can see what we cant?! So its better you go for some rituals. Or it may be an omen be careful?!
Shira (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
This is similar to something I experience every once in a while. I too have a bengal, her name is Jasmine. And is very smart. There is also a cat spirit who hangs around me as well. Her name is Gyftain and often I will see the two play together.
mortal888 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Free at last! A couple of weeks ago it stopped happening. Peeves woke me up calling for it but it never came and he came back to bed. This happened for a couple of nights and now he doesn't get up anymore. He seemed sad, but like any ADHD cat, he's bounced back to normal in no time.

Precious, precious sleep.

Anyone who enjoys their ghosts can have it. I hate noise. 😉
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
This may sound a little goofy, but you might try talking to the cat. If he seems frustrated he isn't getting attention, just say something like "hi kitty."
We have several cats, and a couple of "extra" cats. One of the extra cats is very friendly, and wants attention just all the physically present cats. We can't pet him, so we just speak to him to let him know we are aware of him. Your "extra" cat may just be lonely for some human interaction. Maybe a kind word will help him to settle down.
Just a thought from a crazy cat lady. 😊
mortal888 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
Ugh, why does it have to be in the middle of the night? The commotion is still waking me up. I can't seem to stop my wife from freaking out about the idea either, even though she sleeps right through it now.

Someone told me that cat ghosts wander around in death just like they do in life. Right now, it's amused with Peeves, so maybe it will just get bored and move on later.

I've heard it vocalize twice now. It sounds like its frustrated it's not getting attention from me when I'm in my computer chair. 😕
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
mortal888: Your cat has found a friend. This is probably a cat that lived there or lived someone in the area and the energy from your cats have given he/she the strength to return and enteract with your one. Animals have a strong sense when it comes to the paranormal. Your cat can see this other cat and they truly enjoy each other's company. I wonder if this is a girl cat and that's why your cat likes to race off to spend time with her and even going as far as giving her her own secret calling card so when he calls her she will know and come to play with him.
It doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about at all!

Keep us posted and thanks for sharing your story!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
Doesn't seem like anything to worry about. If it were anything nasty, your cat would not be happily playing with it. Animals have a very good sense of things we humans cannot see. If your animal reacts happily to something, it's a safe bet that it's a kind natured entity.
Since this is such unusual behavior for your cat though, you may consider taking him to the vet for a check-up. Always better to cover all the bases. 😊
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
Sounds like your cat have a cat-friend that only he can see 😊
Frankly you shouldn't be worried, maybe it's a ghost of a cat from a previous owner of the house?
I think he/she is just happy to have a friend to play with.
The best thing you can do is to let it be, sooner or later you will get used to it 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: