You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Black Oak Drive Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Black Oak Drive Ghost

 

In 1977 my parents, siblings and I moved from Douglasville Ga. To Newnan Ga. We moved into a split level home - three bedrooms and two baths upstairs, living room w/fireplace; dining area and kitchen on the main level and a partial basement. At first nothing strange happen - then we started to notice a few things.

My dad worked at night - so me, mom and my three sisters were home at night by ourselves - dad had always worked nights so we were used to the "all girl nights". One night we are all in the living room watching TV and we heard the pots and pans shift in the cabinet. We thought nothing of it - could be a mouse - hmmmmmmm. We had a little peekaboo puppy named Bingo -that we would sometimes let into the house - Bingo usually stayed in the basement. At one time or another each of us at separate times would see a little black spot dart around the wall corners inside the house. "Ok, who let Bingo in?" would be the question and the answer would always be - "Bingo is in the basement" - OK, - things that make you go "hmmmmm".

One afternoon I came home from school and no one was home - so I decided that I would go to the bedroom my sister and I shared and do a little homework. My mom had hung an owl shaped wind chime between the entrances from the living room to the dining area. For fun we would all hit it as we were going into that part of the room (really just to aggravate mom to let her know that was a weird place to hang a wind chime). I was lying across the bed doing my homework when I heard the chime - thinking someone was home - I hollered out "I'm up here!" - no answer - ok, I went into the hallway and the chime was moving - but there was no one in the house - so I went back to my room and I heard the chime again - "OK!, whoever that is I'm going to kick your butt!" I screamed. I'm thinking my sister was playing a trick on me and just ignored it. About 30 minutes later - Mom comes home with all my sisters and dad was already at work - so there was no one in the house.

A few years later I come home after a date. We always used the basement door to enter and exit the house - very rarely did we use the front door. So anyway I came in and my mom called me up to her bedroom so that we could talk about my date. My baby sisters were in the bed and my other sister was working with my dad. As we were talking we heard the front door open and close and footsteps going across the living room to the kitchen. "Marvin we are up here" my mom hollered out. No answer... Now let me back track - before I went upstairs to talk to my mom she asked me to check the front door to make sure that it was locked and the chain was on the door. Now back to the story... My mom asked that I go and see if Bonnie and Dad had come in - so I did. I went back upstairs to tell mom that no one was here - and that the chain on the door was still attached. Dad and Bonnie drove up about ten minutes later and used the basement door to come in. As I said before... Things that make you go "hmmmm".

I'm going to end this now - there will be a part two because there were many things that happen in this house and we find out something that could explain all that we experience... Stay tune for part two.

Other hauntings by applerose

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, applerose, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SMSLOVEADR (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-19)
I live in Newnan. Our property is on an indian burial ground. We deal with a lot as well. I will read part two when you post it. From what I have read so far, I am leaning towards poltergeists, or maybe child spirits. I seen hear, and can talk to spirits. If you ever have questions... I will do my best to answer. Have a nice day, I wish you best safety.
ClaudiaLove (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
Things in my house shuffle around a lot too. I just wonder who is there and why. Is there any way to communicate?
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
Guys...bare with me - having a busy work week and we are moving to a new location (hopefully, ghost free 😊) - I'll try to have another story (Black Oak -part 2) out sometime this week. 😁
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
Appelrose, now that is a real ghost story. Thanks for another great story. I like your stories, can't wait for the rest to be published. Have a great day. Trix ❤
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-23)
crossingover: I'm 46 - and yes many things have happen to me -please read the rest of my stories - I just had an incident - last year about a week before halloween. - there are many many more things - and I have started typing them up in another folder - as soon as the window to submit has open - I will be putting them on here.

Miracles: 😆 😆 Yes! -we did hit that chime a million times or more - I have no idea if mom still has it - I'm going to say NOT - I'm sure that thing saw the trash years ago.
The window to submit opens monday - so when I get home from work - I hope to submit part 2 then - it may be a little long - got a lot to tell.😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-23)
applerose 😆, the things that make you go hmmmmm... That could be our theme song, huh? I can just see you and your sisters hitting that owl wind chime each time you go by. That is definitely something I would have done: just to say "seriously, Mom? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?" Want to know something funny?! My mom has a strawberry one hanging in between her kitchen and living room. My brothers and sister and our children still hit it when we go through! Not a very smart place to put a wind chime!

Not overlooking the paranormal activity here, I just thought the wind chime thing hilarious!

Anxiously awaiting part 2!
crossingover1111 (10 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
what is part two. If this was 1977 than you must be older. I have had so many experiences in my 46 years of living on this earth in this body that I cannot explain away. Interesting how odd things happen and we try to explain them away. How old are you? Has anything else happened in your life after that house? Would like to know.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: