You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow Person

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Person

 

When I was around 13 years old I was lying awake in bed, my sister asleep in the same room. I was restless and feeling increasingly convinced someone or something was watching me. As I squinted my eyes in the darkness I could make out a shape similar to a man standing at the foot of my bed. There were no facial features, he didn't seem to be wearing any clothes or headgear, but there was a definite "blackness" or void that stuck out in the blackness of the room. This creature was blacker than the night; his structure was denser than the darkness of the room. I don't know whether it was because I was a teenager and hadn't experienced anything like this before, or because this thing was in fact a menacing creature of the night, but I felt completely terrified. I wanted to scream, to awake my parents and my sister, but thought this thing may harm them if I woke them. So I closed my eyes tight and lay there, trying not to breathe, my heartbeat seemed so loud in my head.

Well I don't know whether it annoyed the shadow person but then "he" began moving the bottom of my mattress up and down repeatedly. I guess either he wanted to get my attention or wanted to terrify me to death! Perhaps he wanted to feed off my fear?

Well I wasn't in the mood to have a conversation with him so I lay there as silent as I could and eventually, after what seemed an eternity, he must have gotten the hint and left me alone.

I know he was real because I hadn't been asleep before his appearance. But now I'm older I wonder ~ I guess it's like what came first, the chicken or the egg? Did I really sense that there was something dark at the bottom of the bed? Perhaps my own made up fears, added to the complex nature of a growing/hormonal teenage girl manifested that creature from my own manmade fears? If I hadn't manifested it, but it was a real living creature from, say, another dimension, was it actually menacing or desperate to communicate?

I think even a grown adult (even one who was into ghost hunting or, um, martial arts, lol) would be at least a little un-nerved by the presence of some dark matter that did not have any facial expressions or talk.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nettie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

supernaturalchick8822 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-27)
Um I'm new and me and my friend have been having experiences with shadow peaple.
ClaudiaLove (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
I've had a similar experience. My bed seems to vibrate at night! Or it feels as if someone is under my bed just punching my matress.
danielroger (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
😁 well I can tell you that I had the same thing happen to me but I was 8yrs old and my sister was awake with me she saw it to and the bed shaking same thing but it only happened 1 time until my niece was born she was 5 when it happened to her in the same room
butthead (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
just thinkin out loud but I feel that whatever it was, was testing you. Looking for weakenesses perhaps. Young age, hormones, possible emotional rides, etc... All 3 would be common targets for something looking to feed. By feed I mean feed off of fear, or reaction. Probably both 1 in the 2. I also think you passed that test, yet with vulnerability brings further tests... As is the way of life.
My 2 cents, anyway. ❤
sharelbroome1 (12 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
I had a similar experience when I was about 14 and yes it shook my bed also. It did more than that. Over the years I have a lot of paranormal experiences and not just with me personally. The more I learn though the more I do believe the black shadow things are demons though. From all I have learned and saw. I have did a awful lot of research and this is not something I made up as a teenager. Matter of fact I saw it again when I was in my late twenties and in bed asleep with my husband. I just kept calling on Jesus. They have to flee if you believe in Christ and call on him they can't stay! Good luck and God Bless!
Nettie (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
Hi Natfish, I am 36 now. I've had other ghostly experiences, but no more with shadow people.
natfish (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
I had a similar thing happen when I was in my teens and then went many years without it happening again. It seems the black-shadow figure is a rather common "creature". How old are you now if you don't mind me asking? Some chalk this up to sleep paralysis but who knows.
optimisticbabe (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-25)
Ahh, I 've had a experience with a similar black, shadow type thing and I think it was my own manifestation. Plus I was a teen (still am) so my horones were everywhere.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: