You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Knocking - Late Night Or Early Morning

Real Ghost Stories

Knocking - Late Night Or Early Morning

 

I moved into this house less than a year ago. I've been woken up about a 1/2 dozen times by "knocking". This seems to occur between 1am and 5am. It seems to me that the first few times were closer to the same time. I remember wondering the first time if it was just a dream. But it then happened several more times on different nights. I haven't tracked which days and specific times because I'm not sure I really want to know. Two nights ago, I was woken up by the same "knocking".

Although there was someone else with me, she said that she didn't hear anything when I woke her up. I want to say that it's always 2 knocks, sort of slow but loud. After I wake up, it goes away. I'm always 1/2 asleep so I'm not sure if it's me or something else. I've checked around the house and never find anything. Lately, I don't turn on any lights but still come up empty. It's hard to tell where the noise comes from. I'm not certain it's either door (front or back). I almost think it's coming from the hallway which leads to my master bedroom (2nd floor). It's not an old house and I pulled history from the local police department there were no medicals or violent crimes. I don't hear any voices and I don't believe it's kids because it happens on week nights. It's just odd.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Annoyed12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ClaudiaLove (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
I think everyone experiences knocking or something of the sort at some point if they have paranormal encounters... Knocking, making loud noises, calling your name... Those are all ways for the spirit to get attention. They either want to contact you or get your attention in some way...
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Have you had the heating system and plumbing looked at by a professional? I realize you say the house isn't very old, but that's no guarantee something isn't wrong with one of those systems. Have it looked at, if for no other reason than to rule it out. It may just turn out to be nothing paranormal at all, and then you can set your mind at ease.
Annoyed12 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
TheGirlInWhite - Also, I haven't noticed any coldness or weird feelings... Except for being generally spooked.
Annoyed12 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
TheGirlInWhite - The history I found was a domestic and a few vandalisms (kids egging house). Nothing good.
TheGirlInWhite (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
Hey, cheers for sharing your story.

I have a ghost in my room and just to reasure you whenever I wake up, I wake up to knocking too, it is weird. And with my experiance I believe it's a girl who used to live in my house and it could possibly be the same for you.
You mentioned that you found some history on the house, do you mind sharing it? I mean more than the 'no voilence' stuff- It might help with thoughts about your story.

Anyways, it doesn't seem, that IF this was a spirit that is it a bad one-it could be a spirit that has an attachment to a property.

When you mention this hallway to the masterbedroom?; do you feel anything when you walk across-even if it's just the odd coldness or weird feeling-it's something.
spookysearch (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
Hello:)

I've been searching through these postings looking for stories that fit the criteria for a television show I'm working on that investigates paranormal activity.

Though you haven't had an "encounter" thus far, I would like to know more about your experiences because this reoccurring incident is very curious.

Please drop me a line at spookysearch [at] gmail.com when you get a chance.

Thanks!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: