You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: I Fear Somethings Been Following Me. Demon Maybe?

Real Ghost Stories

I Fear Somethings Been Following Me. Demon Maybe?

 

My name is Kathryn and I am a 17 year old girl who believes in the paranormal. I've lived in the same house in Oklahoma basically my whole life. It is a two story loft that is about 60-70 years old. My mom told me that in this house on a few occasions when I was a toddler pictures would fall off of the wall as I walked by. I ALWAYS feel like something is watching me and following me around.

Not just in my house but mainly when I'm at home, but even when I'm not alone. My father died of cancer a little over a year ago in my house that I live in but I have yet to have any signs of him lingering in my house but my mom said on the one year anniversary of his death she woke up to him calling her name.

Before he passed he had said on numerous occasions he would try to open our back door and it felt as if someone was on the other side of the door holding the knob in place preventing him from opening it at first. He said on one occasion he woke up because he felt a shove on his back (he was laying on his side), and when he woke up in his semi-dark room he saw a line of different people he had never seen before standing by his bedroom door and he would blink and they were gone. This happened when he was dying of cancer. Maybe he was delusional? Or maybe he was slowly passing on and he was more vulnerable to the paranormal.

Do you think my house is haunted?

Ever since I was a kid I was constantly terrified in my house and sometimes other places then my house. Sometimes when I'm walking up or down my stairs I get this sudden urge to run. I don't know why. But I'm getting really sick of it. Two months ago I was at a friend's house getting drunk and I got way to drunk. The cops came because of the noise of everyone being drunk. I stood on the front porch staring at the cops and when they got to the porch I supposedly spit at them and GROWLED at them. I don't remember anything from this point and I myself, wouldn't ever do something like this.

My mother came to pick me up but I punched her in the face and made her lip bleed and my mother said it was as if I was fascinated with the sight of blood and kept hitting her. She said she fell and got back up and I was GONE. No where in sight. She then turned back around and I was right behind her staring at her smiling. The scariest part is that my mom said I had a blank look on my face and MY EYES WERE COMPLETELY BLACK, like my whole eye, not just the iris. When the cops saw me hit my mom one of them tackled me, I punched him in the face and my mom said it took four of their strongest officers to get me down.

I went to jail and the morning after had no clue what I did that night. I think I was possessed. I read that getting drunk or high puts you at a vulnerable state to where evil spirits are allowed to enter and takeover your body. I'm a good, caring person and would NEVER do stuff like that and I'm still shocked of what I did that night.

Thank you for reading. Do you think I was possessed? Has a demon been following me my whole life? Why me? Do I need to do something to protect myself from demons?

Other hauntings by kathryngaines00

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kathryngaines00, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

daeuny1000 (8 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
hey, I'm a believer of paranormal stuff and so in my opinion I think you were possessed. When people get possessed their eyes turn big black and you get stronger because demons are stronger than a human so it takes a lot of people to hold you down
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Hi kathryngaines00, I would just want to add before I confuse you with the black eye story. From a medical view it is imposable for your whole eye to turn black. When a person's pupils turn to get bigger than normal it becomes medical. You will get this kind of thing because of drugs or because of brain injury only. When a person's pupils is 10mm big and the iris is not showing and there is no reaction in light then the person is in a coma and most likely brain dead. Trix.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
Hi kathryngaines00, I don't think you're possessed. Like the others said, alcohol takes the sugar out of your blood. Alcohol also dehydrates you. I nursed many patients with alcohol problems and they do get to stages that they're hallucinating, and sometimes it can give the picture that they could be possessed but it is not possession but actually the effect of the alcohol in their bodies. How sure you are that somebody didn't spike your drinks with something else too. Why I say this is because the black eye's can only be drugs. When someone is drugged their pupils turns so big it looks like they have black eyes, it all works on the brain. I once nursed a 17 year old boy in ICU who with his friends tried out a homemade drug. He nearly died, we fought for his life, and luckily we pulled him through. He was put on life support.
I'm sure of it your father was between the real world and the spiritual world because he was dying. I witnessed that many times when I nursed sick patients. When my grandfather died he even saw the light and he greeted all his dead friends and my grandmother who died years before him on their names.
Remember everyone tries out alcohol when they are teenagers. Just because for the fun of it to feel how it feels to get drunk but remember to test it and then decide if it is worth it to feel and act that way. The sad part of teenagers is that they easily trust everybody joining this kind of parties and then you get what happened to you, I won't be surprised if someone tried to drug you. Why I say this is because your behaviour and the back eyes tells me so. Don't trough your life away always make sure that you're well aware of everything that is happening around you, and stay in control, don't let anything be your boss to get control over you. (Except for your mother, because she loves you) Life is precious living it to the fullest. Always remember to keep the good things and leave the bad things behind. Nobody has to do bad things to proof themselves. If you stay with the good-good will follow you. If you stay with the bad-bad will follow you. This is how it is for everyone.
Sorry for this long comment, I'm sure you're a nice girl just happened to fell in the wrong hands that night. Take care and don't trust anybody, especially on teenage parties. Take care. Trix ❤
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-07)
your beleif that being high or drunk making you susceptible to negative spirits is quite true, a freind and I where warned numerous times when we where young by his spirit guide but being young we didn't listen even to the dead. So they gave us a taste of what could happen and it wasn't plesant. We both learned our lesson never ever risk it. So many people however do I think that goes along way to explaining why the board has a bad reputation to many kids get them out for a laugh often under the influence then regret it.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
It's rather interesting to note that demonic possession has never been associated with "eyes gone all black' until the T.V. Series Supernatural came out.

What an interesting coincidence.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
Hi Kathryn, I agree with most of what SuperHBK has posted. First, I would like to say that I am sorry you lost your father at such a young age. The vision of the people by his bed while he was sick could have been a sign that his journey on earth was about to end. It is not uncommon for terminally ill or elderly people to see spirits or loved ones who have passed on. Some believe that they are there to help them take the next step.

As for what happened at your friends house. I don't think you were possessed, alcohol has a different effect on everyone. Some people are fun, some are sad, some get violent. It all depends on how your body reacts to it. Being Native American or any other nationality has nothing to do with it. Whatever you consumed that night had a very negative and violent affect on you. You are still young, and Lord knows I drank way too much myself when I was a teenager. Every teenager does, it's like a rite of passage or something. Just be very careful with what you consume and know your limits. If you are going to drink just be safe and smart about it.

Also, don't let people like Kapsoit ruffle your feathers. Posters like this drop rude comments, start trouble, and then never return to the page. We call them internet trolls. Just ignore him. 😉 All the best to you and your mom. 😊
SuperHBK (6 stories) (63 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
Kathryngaines00... Good day... I am going to open and honest with you, cause this is what this side is all about is it not?

In my opinion you can rule out the fact that you were possessed. I am working with alcoholics every day of my life, and what you said is plain drunkness, you were not possessed.

When a person exceeds his body limit of alcohol the blood cells then tries to fight of the alcohol but when you continue drinking the blood cells stop fighting off.

Alcohol replaces the sugar in your blood stream therefor you will receive a blackout meaning you will not remember what you did. You become sometimes violent, aggressive, bad tempered. And you cannot recall anything that happened, I am sorry to say but your 17 why on earth do you drink? You are still so young?

In my opinion you deserved what came to you, using the paranormal as an excuse for your behavior is just plain bad. You have to think of all the other possibility's when encountering a black out when your drunk. Not only the paranormal.

Thanks

HBK
kathryngaines00 (2 stories) (6 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
oh and for the record, I'm NOT saying that I WAS posessed, I'm just saying it was a possibility hence the black eyes and the fact it was a strange occurance.
kathryngaines00 (2 stories) (6 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
KAPSOIT- how would you know if I am an awful human being or not? I clearly stated in my story that I wouldn't ever want to do that in my right state of mind, nor would I have. I also clearly stated that I have never done something like that and that I AM a good person. Before you leave rude comments make sure you don't sound stupid, because you do. Haha ignorant m****r f***er.

And to everyone else thankyou for your replies they have been helpful
izle234 (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
A cross might help, but most protection talismins don't come with a "demon-protectant guarantee". Normally the talismin has your energy in it, you make it protect you, it doesn't come already assembled. And it doesn't have to be a cross, anything of importance to you would probably do, such as a piece of jwewlry a loved one gave you or some such thing. Hope your demon problems go away! Blessed Be.
natfish (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
I can vouch for the whole "getting drunk when you think something is haunting you thing". I got very drunk one night at a bar when I blacked out it was like I was asleep and dreaming. I am normally a happy drunk but this night I punched out a store-front window and don't remember a thing until the cops arrested me. My friends who were with me and myself have no idea why I punched the window. But my normal self has never even had a speeding ticket and there I was with a felony. So definitely do get drunk. Hops and alcohol are a sedative therefore you are very vulnerable.
ClaudiaLove (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
I also feel like I'm always being watched... I feel as if some spirits are attached to certai people and we might be one of those people.
KingSesmu (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
It's not odd to act odd when drunk. Your mother may have thought you had black eyes because of the darkness (I assume it was night time, anyway) or because of the punches to the face. It may have taken four officers to hold you down because they didn't want to harm you. I'm not saying that you're crazy or anything. I'm just saying that, given the circumstances, that story is a little sketchy.
TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
May I suggest prayer beads? I think it is a Muslim tradition, similar to a rosary, but without the crucifix. You hold the string of beads in your hand and move one bead at a time with your thumb. It's just an outlet for nervous energy. Also, you probably already know this, but I think evil feeds on fear so take deep breaths & try to feel at peace.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Kapsoit that is not a very nice thing to say. I am sure no one has left you a remark like that.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
To answer youor question on where to get sage, well any holistic store as well as online stores and ebay of course. Holy water, well personally I would go to church and get some. But that is me. As for the cross, remember God is in out hearts. Cross or no cross as long as he is in heart you will be ok. Believing is the the key here.

Now your story. I do know when people are in there last days or hours, they are between two worlds, ours and the spiritual world. They do see things we dont. Your father was not delusional. My Grandmother on her last hours before she passed said my Grandfather was standing next to her with his hat on waiting. It is touching.

As for you, well what to say. I would firstly address your childhood fears. You seem to have a fair few. If we do not address the childhood fears and angers, we actually release those fears in very different ways as we get older. Hence you are drinking, smoking and getting aggressive. How was you mom after you thumped her so many times? I think once you have dealt with your deep rooted issues, things will no doubt get calmer.

Thank you for sharing your story.
TygerDall (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Oh wow! I had an episode recently where I was drinking too (beer) and suddenly blacked out. My son and I got into it and he ended up calling the police on me. I locked myself in my bedroom and was unable to come out nor could they come in. I thought that something had possesed me too and threw up all day the next day. I have never blacked out while drinking. My son didn't tell me what I looked like tho I will ask him. I have since stopped drinking (beer). I can't tolerate grain alcohol, the smell makes me gag.
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
Hmmm The whole eyes turning black is a sign of Demon possession. Demons can give you enhanced strength and what not and are hard to get rid of. One of my brother's exes had a demon attacker her and following her. I told her to go to a church or to some holy place and the demon was gone. She said that she felt a great heavyness leave her and all things came clear and peaceful. I suggest you try it or have a cat with you. Cats work for me. Also don't drink so much it's not good for you.
kathryngaines00 (2 stories) (6 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
i do not party anymore, although I used to and I have never had an episode from drinking. I haven't ever acted strange while intoxicated either.

I am native american and I heard some indians do not tolerate alcohol well and sometimes tend to go crazy while they are drunk.?
kathryngaines00 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
a question: burning sage. Where can I get sage? I know it cleanses the house of negative energy but how does sage do this? Is sage a holy plant?

Holy water: where can I get holy water? I don't attend church and never have (although) I do believe in god obviously since I believe in the devil. I would feel awkward going to a random church and asking for some lol. But whatever it takes!

A question about crosses: crosses help protect you. Do you they only help if you are a faithful and loyal christian?

Seems things get worse around my house and more weird stuff happens when I try to strengthen my relationship with jesus christ, or create one for that matter.
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
It is also possible that you were more than just drunk the food or drinks or both could have had "extras" added to them an who knows how you might act as a result it would also explain not being able to remember. Not saying it couldn't have been a demon because it may have been however either way it's pretty clear you should cut back on partying.
MunstersBabe (10 stories) (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
I have seen some bad things happen when people drink. My ex-husband was possessed by a negative spirit when he was drunk and almost killed me! I whole-heartedly believe evil entities can and will possess someone in their weakest moments!

The most basic thing I can tell you in protecting yourself, is to imagine a holy light enveloping you. This works in keeping negativity away.

Also, do an investigation on the house and property. Maybe someone was killed or murdered there. Maybe there's some residual negativity from that leaking over into your house.

And lastly, cleanse your house from the negativity. There are many ways to do this, and I suggest burning sage and using holy water to make the bad stuff go away.
Kbums (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
I'm with Redphx. I mean, it's possible that you were possessed since you eyes were all black and it took 4 people to hold you down. However, if it was night out your pupils get bigger making your eyes more black and when you drink, you get a little stronger. And with your dad seeing those people, sounds like he was delusional. I know people will see stuff when they are dying of cancer but it's just the cancer messing with them. Who knows though, this is a crazy world we live in and unexplainable things happen every day.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
I think you shouldn't drink so much. A lot of people behave strangly when drunk and a lot of people don't remember doing it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: