You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Darkling

Real Ghost Stories

The Darkling

 

I am 20 years old now but the story I will tell you is when I was I think 6.

My Family moved into a nice white house on a hill in Riverside. (This is now torn down) Every night I would hear a faint female voice call to me from up stairs. (I slept down stairs in the living room) This happened every single night at 1:00. It seemed to do this only at night for a month then it started to act up during the day as well, it moved furniture made loud noises and so on.

Well one night I thought I would investigate and see who was calling me. So I went up the stairs when everyone was asleep and saw the little girl in a white dress. She raised her hand at me and told me to come to her, that she would keep me safe, that she would protect me. I asked her from what and she said from the cat head lady. I didn't believe her and ran to my parent's bedroom and woke them up and told them what I saw.

My father didn't believe me of course but my mother could sense something was wrong. So the next day we decided to move to Coralville. But we didn't finish packing so we stayed one last night in that house. That night I followed the voice upstairs and saw her again hoping to end this.

When I got up there I saw the girl again. I told her to go away and leave me alone. She got mad and told me she wouldn't. Then her body started to stretch, her flesh started to fall off, her eyes turned into small little red dots in her skull, some of her muscle came off, her jaws became long and horrid, her nails became long and sharp like claws, and her feet became hooves.

I was terrified and I didn't know what to do. It screeched at me and I suddenly felt weak like I was dying. I fell to my knees thinking this was the end, when I heard a cat meow next to me. It was a tanish short haired cat standing next to me staring at the creature. Then the cat turned into a woman in a white dress with a cat head. She did some sort of hand and arm movements and cast a powerful light out of her hand and onto the creature. The creature screeched and backed away. The cat head woman picked me up and held me in her arms and told me she would protect me from the Darkling. She then cast another light upon the creature and it disappeared.

She carried me back downstairs and set me on the sofa and put the covers over me and told me she would give me a guardian just in case it came back. I then fell asleep. I woke up the next morning and we finished packing everything. I went to the stairs and wondered if it was still there. So I said goodbye forever. The little girl in white appeared out of thin air and said I will return for you and then disappeared. Then we left.

Thanks for reading to my story and tell me what you think. Although I feel like it left something inside me, darkness.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zorforler, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Saphira (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
The woman with cat head remembers me to the egyptian godess Bastet...

Incredible... But I don't know if she was evil too... Be careful, be always alert.
TIGERKING (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
First of all I would like to comment about your story. It's good that you had someone there to protect you. I just want to say, we as humans have the ability to become very powerful souls during our lives. There are two main paths to walk on. The righteous path, or the opposite. The righteous path, when walked in the appropriate manner is undefeatable by evil entities. Like a shadow if you shine light on it, it will be gone. Do not accept that this thing left darkness in you or it will be so. The power of thought is extremely strong, so focusing on positivity is the key to advance yourself.

Second I read you talking about identifying dogs.

I would appretiate it if you read my story and let me know your thoughts on the dragon dog.
Eclipse2000 (1 stories) (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-04)
My thoughts and Opinions are that it was a Female Anubis known to be as Isis the goddess of motherhood, magic and fertility. Her husband is Osiris God of the underworld. Many thought they were the fist to marry of the Ancient times of Egypt. Although that is only my Opinion (and thoughts as well). Good Luck!
(Oh and sometimes they both turn in to Anubis and human form, that is all!)
~~Eclipse2000 ❤ 😆 😁
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-03)
Pjod hit the nail on the head with this one alright! 😆 Too far into the ozone for me.
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-03)
To Scrapmetelkitten

Your right it's Bastet or sometimes Bast.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
I just liked this story because I like cats:) Isn't it the Egyptian Goddess Bastet? I don't know maybe I'm wrong, but I do love mythology.
TriggerNgo (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-28)
Are you sure you haven't been playing too many video games and taking care of too many cats? No offense, I just find this story to sound like something out of F.E.A.R. You know what you saw though. Stay safe, it doesn't sound friendly whatever it is.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
oh brother.
When can we expect the release of the Darkling II, the squeakquel?
I can honestly say, real tales of the supernatural never have half the drama experienced in the above.
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
In case you all want to know I am doing well and have seen many cat spirits, and now people say they see me glow or see my aura with the naked eye. Last Christmas or holidays Bast left me a gift. It is a gold Ankh on a gold chain and she left a note, it said "If you were to fall I would use this Ankh and bring you back 9 times." It's so shiney too. I like shiney.
marcink125 (2 stories) (27 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Wierd, I had a dream recently that I was holding a powerful golden staff with a cat-human figure on it and then it changed in-into a Anubis figure and then I woke up.
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Thanks you all for your comments. It may have been a challenge from the Demon Apep who always appears in my dreams but not when I am awake. I do see more than one cat spirit follow me which is strange, why would I need more than one, and some are cats of my past that I used to have that died of old age. As for the Darkling, I have not seen it since that day, which is good. I also own 5 cats lol, and make my story into a movie, ummm lol not sure what to say about that lol.
ClaudiaLove (1 stories) (14 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
This would be a very good horror movie. You should turn it in to some Hollywood producers haha
amberspirit (4 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Interesting to say the least. I found this.

A Darkling is sent by one Witch, Warlock, Demon, etc. To another as an intimidation or challenge.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Oh dear, I am very sorry but whilst reading this story I actually thought I was watching Caroline again. Unfortunately I have difficulty believing this story.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
woooooohhhh...can you tel me for sure this was not a dream/nightmare infact? I do not mean to disrespect you... I am just asking a innocent question... How sure are you that this was not a nightmare? (out of 100%, what % would you put on this being real not your nightmare)
KairrionMah (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Darkling? Never even heard of the term for something paranormal that actually exists. I've heard it in Games and Movies, but never reality. Now I'm going to try and look this up and see what I can find for you (if you need it). I hope you stay safe and that the cat-headed lady's guardian is still protecting you! ❤

- Emma.
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Amazing from the sound of the woman you met It sounds like the ancient egyptian goddess Baset wich is known to be one of the gaurdians of the underwolrd that she would come to protect a mortal is a great honnor indeed Congradulations on your surviveing

Your freind,
The Puppeteer
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
if you read my profile you wil see I adore cats I don't think they are evil atall good job you didn't go with the little girl I don't think you have anything to worry about though your cat lady will always protect you I would advise you get at least one cat and make sure its rescued from a bad situation that way you repay her for saving you
mewhunter9 (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
Wow.if she ever comes back, tell us what happened! This is wierd but kind of cool.

BE SAFE!
~mewhunter9
TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
This is a scary story. Did you know that I've heard cats are the gatekeepers of hell and back I think in the dark ages of Europe people began to see cats as evil & kill them but then the rat population swelled and the next thing, plague, so without the cats hell broke loose!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: