You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Was It A Curse?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It A Curse?

 

This is an incident which occurred in 1994. As I mentioned in my earlier stories, we live in Delhi, the capital of India. My father used to work for the Government of India and we used to live in a government provided flat at a place called R.K. Puram (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rama_Krishna_Puram).

This place is quite akin to community housing found in Russian cities as this place was built in the 1950s when India was keen on following a socialist model of the former USSR. As a result, people who used to live within the housing community were rather closely-knit.

We lived in a corner ground-floor flat and stayed there for a good 19 years. We had a small kitchen garden too! The family which lived right above our flat had two boys, the younger one amongst them was 8 years elder to me. Yet, both the boys were fond of me. The younger one amongst them was an avid cricket follower, in fact, he was quite good at playing too. He was in the Ranji trophy probables for Delhi in one of the years. He was tall, 6'2" and quite well built too.

Early in 1994, a tragedy struck our family. My dad fell ill by suffering a stroke caused by brain hemorrhage. He was hospitalized for 3 weeks and whilst he survived, he lost the ability to use his left hand fully. It took him a full 9 months to recover, and even then the recovery was only partial. During that period he was on bed most of the time.

Around the same time, the guy whom I mentioned above, and who had been recently married (in November 1993 I guess), also met with a very serious car accident. He was lucky to survive but his thigh bone was broken into two. As a result, a promising career in the sport he loved was nipped in the bud. Till today he is not able to walk without a limp. It was sad because he was such a fitness freak and such a dear friend.

Now, what rankles me until today is whether our two houses were under some sort of a curse that tragedy befell on both our families at around the same time. Nobody else in the vicinity of where we stayed was affected. In one of the evenings in June 1994 if I recall correctly I also saw a dead pigeon with blood dripping being left on top of one of our windows. So the cause of these tragedies remain a mystery to me, maybe some of the readers can shed light on what they think could be the cause. Two people who were in very good health - my dad was only 50 years old then with no prior history of bad health, and he was a non-smoker, teetotaler and a pure vegetarian. My dad had no business being struck by a brain hemorrhage. Similarly, this friend of mine, was as good a driver as you could get. He drove carefully, never exceeded speed limits and was recently married, so had a sense of responsibility instilled him in too.

Anyway, we left that house in September 1995 and the family who stayed above us also left around the same time. My father continues to live in frail health and whilst I have lost touch with my friend I know he is doing well in the business which he started thereafter.

Comments are welcome.

Other hauntings by amit1807

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, amit1807, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
Hi Amit,

How's your Father & your Friend now? I think that the incidents happened to you is a co-incident. As you said that your father had a Brain Stroke this happens as the Environment is changing due to pollution & other factors.

As you told about your friend that even if we drive carefully accidents happen because due to Heavy Traffics.

The Pigeons you found it dead should not be considered as a bad luck because Life & Death is in God's hand so it should be considered as a God's Will.

So don't worry have Faith in God he is always there.

GOD BLESS YOU.
TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
Dear Ghosthunter9876, Whitebuffalo, & Amit1807, Thank you so much for your comments about my post. It's nice to talk to like-minded people. I'd really like to believe that God is the judge, because then I think I'll be forgiven for my sins. Take Care All.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
amit1807, I do not think this is a curse. I really do not. What I DO think, is that it was a run of bad luck lived through by two very close families. The addition of the window pane bird death I think is nothing more than one more added "bad luck" issue.

I must dispute one tiny little detail in your comment there, ghosthunter9876. I am sorry. You say that "God is the one in charge of good and The Devil is in charge of evil." Creator is the creator of ALL, and is "in charge" of ALL. He simply allows certain things...
Thank you.
ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
God and Devil may be equal forces but people often have misconstrued one fact as regards to both of them as well as us human beings also. This fact is that God is the one in charge of good and The Devil is in charge of evil. And we Human Beings are subject to either of their respective actions. The actual truth is that God is only the judge of good and bad people and The Devil is the one appointed by God himself to punish all the evil people who are denied a place in heaven due to the acts committed by them during their mortal times. Only people who are truly in charge of
The forces of Good and Evil are we human beings as we ourselves have to decide and many often are at liberty to make the choice and adopt between Good and Evil.
amit1807 (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
Hi TerriLewis123 - thanks for your comments, I am glad you have taken things in your stride. Life is never meant to be a bed of roses, I guess. As far as I am concerned, no I do not have any particular reason to believe there are no coincidences, but I do firmly believe in it. I hope I am not sounding too paradoxical. Cheers!
TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
When I was a teenager I found a dead white dove or pigeon in my backyard. It had a spot of blood on its chest as though it had been impaled. (We didn't live in an area where there were a lot of doves or pigeons). Someone told me this was a bad omen. I am now in my 40's & my life hasn't been particulary good. But I must say, it has been fairly interesting & I do have loved ones. I think it's interesting that you believe nothing is random. I'm undecided but I do believe that God & the Devil are equally powerful forces. Is there some reason why you believe there are no coincidences?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Your welcome Amith. I do understand where you are coming from.

All the best.
amit1807 (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Thanks Surya for sharing your insights - very good to read your thoughts.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Very interesting story. I don't think there is a curse involved. Curses usually run throughout the family for generations, believe me I know.

I had an uncle. He was 40 when he died of a brain hemorrhage. He was as fit as a fiddle. No health problems at all. Not a smoker or drinker happy go guy with three children. He was on his way to work. He felt unwell whilst driving. Parked in a strangers car park. The next we heard he was on a life support which was switched of within hours.

We have no explanations as to why this happened. We never for one moment thought it a family curse.

Regarding your friends accident, well I would definitely call in coincidence.

You live in India, I am sure if you had gone to a priest he would have probably told you the day, time, was heavy for your father and your friend.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Surya
amit1807 (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Rashidah - whilst I appreciate your comments, I am of the belief that nothing that occurs in this world is coincidental. There are no coincidences. Every incident has a reason, a force behind it. Yes, strokes have an inherent cause behind them, and had only my father been affected, then I would not have ascribed any bigger meaning to this. But the fact is that two families were affected. So the question mark for me remains.
Rashidah (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
Sometimes strokes can happen by other causes. It could be that his cholesterol or sugar were high. Sometimes illnesses have a way of sneaking up on even the healthiest people.

Whereas these occurrences can be coincidental. Or it may be a curse. But my personal views are coincidental.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: