You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandmother Comes To Visit

Real Ghost Stories

Grandmother Comes To Visit

 

This story is from my mother's experience she hasn't told many people about it because she feels people won't believe her so I thought I would post it on here just to get an answer to it, ever since she has told me I've always wanted some sort of answers.

Her experience happened when she was 15 (my mum is half Italian; her dad is Italian and all his family live in Italy. This is relevant). It was Christmas time and she had been taken ill with a chest infection. She was in her bedroom, which was the attic in her parents' house. The room is quite large with one window, it's got wooden floors and was decorated very basically as they weren't very well off. She was sat on her bed when she saw her Grandmother walk into her bedroom, but her grandmother lived in Italy, her grandmother told her that she herself was ill with a chest infection but it was much worse and she wanted my mum's father to ring her she then disappeared. My mother shouted for her mum to come up and she told her what had happened, but she doesn't believe in these kind of things and she told her dad to go up and speak to her, luckily he believed her and he rang Italy and her grandmother was ill with a chest infection and her health was deteriorating. A few weeks later my mum turned 16 and they got a call from Italy, her grandmother had passed away.

Why did her grandmother appear when she was still alive to tell my mother she was ill?

Why did she contact my mother and not my mum's brother or sister?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NotJustADollx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

NotJustADollx (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
Thanks everyone for your comments. My mother has had a few different experiences. I only know a few as she doesn't really like talking about them. If I can I'll post them on here. Thank you for the comments they've certainly helped me to understand it more 😊 x
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
Oh boy, can I get you to rethink this experience?
You know what I see? Your Grandmother (Great) in Italy, and your Mother in UK (right?) had a bond. I do not know to what extent, but it was strong enough that your Mother gained Emphatic Experience from said Grandmother. In other words, Grammy fell ill, and in EMPATHY, so did Mother, at her own home.
Grammy stepped in to say "Hey! Me too!" and to PROVE to her that she was NOT crazy. This REALLY happened.
Wado (Thank you)
DCinAZ (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
My mother just called it wandering. When a person is at the end of life, and they know that they are, they'll go to sleep and wander. They don't decide to wander and then go, it happens by chance when they fall asleep. The opportunity opens up to them and they take it. A very good friend of mine once visited me from her death bed. It was 4:00am and I woke up to see her standing at the foot of my bed. She walked around to my side came up to where I was and reached up and brushed the hair back off my forehead and smiled, then turned to walk away and in a blink she was gone. Of course the whole time I was trying to wake my husband but'no dice'.
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Dear Notjustadollx, this one is quite easy. Your grandmother had the gift of, By location, that means that, some people, when under either pain or great stress, are somehow able to project thier spirit, to other locaitons in order to relate a message which they feel is of great importance, or maybe even to visit a said loved one.
In your moms' case, she is either, sensitive to the spirit world or your grandmothers' favorite grandchild, or it could have been that your dad was her favorite child and with your gift of being open to the paranormal, her spirit, jumped at the chance to relay, one last request, of speaking to one dear to her. (your father)
It's just my opinion and I hope this explinaton, helps. 😊 ❤
chingvang559 (42 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
doppelganger have also been associated with for telling of death.

In the Thai culture, it is said when you see a doppelganger of a loved one but you can't run fast enough to catch up to them, then they will die soon

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: