You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Voices In ICU

Real Ghost Stories

Voices In ICU

 

My mom recently had a very serious stroke and she is in the I.C.U (intensive care unit) department. The hospital is old but has been remodeled recently. It's cool because there are these super long hallways and to the right is all windows looking outside (from the 3rd floor) and to the left is all room numbers and doors. It's modeled almost like an apartment building. The halls are always either empty or 1 or 2 people sitting outside a random door. These hallways are pretty short too. You go through a door, then about 5 or 6 hospital rooms down is another door to go through. My mom's room is pretty far back in ICU. Oh, the rooms are sound proof as well. So the halls are always really super quiet.

I was visiting my mom in her room and my aunt was in the room with me. I needed to use the bathroom so I went out. It was like 11:00pm so the hall was totally empty and quiet. It also gets very dark in the halls. So I am walking along, minding my own business and I hear "hey" whispered. I stopped, looked behind me to see no one. Then I looked forward and to my sides and I was totally alone. So I kept walking. I take about 10 steps and I swear to God someone smacked me on the back of my leg! I jumped and looked behind me. I firstly thought someone threw something at me so I was prepared to pick up something off the floor. But then realized there was nothing on the floor and I was 100% alone. I looked behind me, in front of me, and to my sides and there was no one. I even said "Hello?" and no one answered. So I kept walking. It felt like a hand. A big hand that smacked me. I looked at my leg when I was in the elevator and there was a little red mark. It hurt to.

I prayed to God (I'm a Christian) that if this was something evil, then he protect me from it and not let it near me again. And so far I haven't been smacked/touched again and I have been in and out of there for 2 weeks now. But I have herd whispering around me but can't make out what its saying.

I thought I'd share this with everyone because I have seen and heard LOTS of paranormal things, but never touched by something...

Other hauntings by Jeanine_dv

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jeanine_dv, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

amy111 (19 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
Hospitals are one the places where you see things happen. When people died in a hospital
Their spirts walk though the halls and go all over. They are really seeky like the ones you have in that hospital.
robertar (223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
Not bad? I can just picture an angel traveling from heaven on a mission from God just pausing to do somethingsenseless like patting someone then leaving off, never to be heard from more.

Glad you prayed as you did. My brother recently died in ICU. I take it seriously.

God bless you and mom.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
It is MY opinion that places with high emotional yield seem to have residual energies, or intelligent still walking the halls. What it really sound like to ME, is that you encountered a particularly feisty male entity who perhaps thinks you may have been a nurse, or some other "tappable" type of person.
What I find MOST interesting is his response to your "Hello?" THEN you felt the large hand.
I would keep up the praying. It seems to have worked, perhaps ask Him to make the voices inaudible for you as well?
Wado (Thank you)
scaredycat123 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
i know exactly what your talking about I was hanging out with my friend and I heard someone whisper my name but we were alone in her house but it wasn't her so then like I felt someone playing with my hair so I left 😲
flamingschizoid (22 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
oh please the spirit probably just flirting with you. Or maybe it just wanted to touch you.
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
Hospitals are sometimes full of activity, due to everything that happens in them. It seems as if the entity just wanted your attention. They seem to lack social skills sometimes, so they go on a "whatever works" approach, because we don't know they're there most of the time.

I hope your mom recovered well. It can certainly be stressful to the family, as well as her. 😊
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
Hope your Mom has recovered from her stroke and HUGS to you, sounds like a spirit with a sense of humor, who after he passed decided to play a joke on someone before he passed over into another realm.
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
it wouldn't surprise me that any hospital even the new ones didn't have a few wandering spirits in them cosidering the amount of deaths especialy sudden I doubt it was anything bad just desperate for atention

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: