You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Dark Being

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Being

 

I had hoped I wouldn't have another experience, yet here I am typing. For more Information my grandfather can see and speak with spirits more specifically with people that recently died. I had moved back to LA for college and am now staying in the guest room at my grandparents' house. I first moved in on the 25th of September and I didn't start experiencing anything until the 15 of this month.

Once you walk in the room to the left there will be a wardrobe with a BIG mirror facing the opposite wall, where there is a bed and the closet is next to it on the right. The bed is on the opposite wall; on top of the bed is a small rectangle mirror as well. There is no TV in the room which is fine with me.

I was in the room alone getting ready for bed around 11:40 when I felt something staring at me. I laughed thinking it must be the mirrors, but as soon as I climbed to bed I saw a pale figure in the closet through the mirrors! I quickly got under the covers and prayed. I didn't dare open my eyes until the next morning. I now go to sleep with fear, and sometimes after I pray!

Last Night was the WORST! I was dreaming of my best friend and her jealous husband. Her brother in-law was trying to flirt and I pushed him away. Out of nowhere my dad shows up in the dream and tries to hug me. I felt fear (I don't know why... He's my dad) and in my dream I tried pushing him away. As I pushed him away, his arms were attached to me and I woke up with this BIG shadow on top of me! Its right Hand (looked like it but had long shadowy fingernails claw like) and its left hand was holding down my right. I couldn't move or breathe at all. I prayed and it was just holding on, though I was able to move my fingertips! I made the sign of the cross with my right fingertip and I felt is fury and scared me sh**less. I then ordered in the name of god to leave me alone and to leave my grandparents' home. It then dissolve and left. I was finally able to move and breathe.

What was it?!

Why did it happen to me?!

Does anyone know?!

Other hauntings by emeraldstone

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, emeraldstone, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

emeraldstone (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
God bless you all and thank you ❤! I will have a talk with him, though he doesn't like talking about it. He still doesn't knows that I am also able to see things. Why did this shadow attacked me? I seen it once before when I was a kid, but it didn't attacked. It just stared, so why did it decided to attack that night?
butthead (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
the figure that hugged you sounds very much like a demon to me. According to what I've read numerous times, they require acceptance in your life - which doesn't have to be verbal. They have to go by some kind of "law" in order to attach themself to you. By hugging you I guess it can be seen as you accept it's presence, should you accept the hug. It's also been stated that a demonic force can never truelly appear as a human without at least one disfigurement. A common example of this is where the fingers are not fingers but are that of a claw.
I just re-read your story and realize that it was the shadow that had claw like hands, I thought you saw claw like hands on what looked like your father in the dream. I have a feeling that had you looked at his hands in the dream, you would have saw this.
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
Dear emeralstone, first, let me just say, how sorry, we all are that you were so frightened. By your account, you certainly, had reason, to feel that way.
You mentioned, that your Grandfather, could see and talk to spirits. This may be, the reason, you were subject, to this attack.
Definetly, get your Grandfather, involved, with your dilema. His age and experience, has taught him how to protect himself from any malevolent entities, that may manifest in the home. I feel, he is the reason that spirits, come and go in the house. In other words, spirits, seem, attracted to him because he is able to communicate with them.
This being said, it seems, like you too, may have inhereted this gift. Please, talk to him and have him teach you how to cultivate and protect yourself, should you want to develope your abilities.
Whatever your deceision, you need to make sure you speak to Grandfather, in order to not have this situation, repeated.
God Bless you. ❤
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
I suppose a talk with the grandfolks is overdue. Hard to say "what next" until that is done.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
Wow. I suggest you talk to your Grandfather. He is a Seer and a Communicator, right? I think I would tap some of his knowledge about it.
With TWO of you combined in energy and living space, there should be no reason for any fear. YOU get rid of THEM.
Wado (Thank you)
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
Your encounter sounds truly terrifying. Has your grand father (the one who relates to spirits) told you of any negative encounters has had in the home? Do your grand parents mention any thing odd in the home?

I am wondering that since you just recently moved into this house and this room, maybe there was already -some one- there who thought it was their room.

Try placing a cross on the wall above your bed. Place a Bible by your bed. You could also wear a cross necklace or bracelet. When you feel its precense or see it, tell it to leave in the name of the Lord, tell it that it is not welcome and you are telling it to leave now in the name of the Lord.

If these things do not work for you, there are many great articles in different stories on this sight as well as on the internet regarding a cleansing you can do.

I would also do some research on the home, at least have a conversation with your grand parents to know if they have dealt with this issue previously.

I look forward to hearing from you again with an update, at least regarding the information you find,

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: