You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Old Lady in the Cemetary

Real Ghost Stories

Old Lady in the Cemetary

 

I was at my friend's house who lives right by the cemetery. We thought it would be a good idea to look at the graves. On the way to the graveyard, Rachel, my friend, all of a sudden stopped and pointed at a grave. I followed her gaze and saw an old lady bending over a grave. I said, "So what it is just an old lady..." Rachel told me, "It's not her in general but look at her feet..." Even though I was suspicious, I looked over at the lady's feet. I felt a chill go through my bones because the lady wasn't standing, she was floating.

My friend grabbed my hand and looked back at the lady. I looked at the lady again and I saw her slowly disappearing. My mouth almost dropped and I almost screamed when I saw her face. The whole body was regular but when you saw her face, even you would scream. There were scars and burns on her face, one eye was closed, and she had a gapped tooth smile.

I felt like my feet were nailed to the ground and the look on Rachel's face told me she felt the same. As the old lady drew closer my back straightened. She didn't even go around us but instead walked through me. I was so freaked out by then that I grabbed Rachel's hand and started to run. By the time we got out of that place we were breathless.

Even though we were tired, my friend and I ran as fast as we could. When we got to her house we told her mom what had happened. She didn't believe us and told us to go to bed. I couldn't sleep because whenever I tried closing my eyes I saw her face. By the time I fell asleep it was already dawn.

It is four years later and we still hate that cemetery. Now I think the lady may be fake but whenever I go by that cemetery, I still have a chill. The psychologist I have been seeing says it was a figure of my imagination. I thought that too until I saw her again in my room. Now I can never pass a cemetery without being scared. And I am weary of old ladies, I can barely look at my grandma and she thinks I am weird. Now I am trying to forget but it just doesn't work.

I don't think I will ever look at my grandma the same way again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Carly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
This story was rather creepy!
I doubt the old lady was fake though, I bet she was just a lonely ghost.

Thanks for sharing!
teenagewitch21 (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
wow this story really did creep me out 😊 if your friend saw the old lady as well I don't think she was fake in the cemetery but maybe when you saw her in your room it was because the image of her was/is still haunting you. Great story though ❤
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Dear Carly,

You Carly have taught me a valuable lesson, never go to graveyards for fun. This girl I know wanted to hold a séance in the graveyard but thankfully, I refused. On your case, I believe the old woman was a restless spirit and has been bound to spend time there due to unfinished business, I reckon. Pray for her so she may reach the paradise of heaven and meet her creator.

I enjoyed the story and like what RoseForEmily said "Got me scared and creeped out..." I could not have worded it better myself. Well written and the plotline was excellent. I will surely add this to my favourites. 😁

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
RoseForEmily (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
Very interesting story. Got me scared and creeped out.
The mind can play tricks on you, so maybe you did see her at the cemetery and the one in your bedroom was fake, your mind could have made it up because of the trauma you went through.

Hope everything gets better.

-Sadie

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: