You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: All By Myself

Real Ghost Stories

All By Myself

 

I was home alone one night doing the dishes and turned my back for a split second to change the music on the CD player we have in the kitchen and when I turned around one of the dishes was in the air, right in front of my face, floating there. I couldn't move, I just stood there in shock. After about 20 seconds the dish dropped back into the water and I continued to just stand there and look at the sink. After about 15 minutes of trying to rationalize what happened I realized there was no explanation for what just happened and continued to do the dishes.

Another time, (years before the kitchen ghost) I was laying in bed, a bed that was over 80 years old (it was my great grandmothers). My sister shared the bed with me (because I have 4 siblings and only a 3 bedroom house). I was about 8 and my sister was about 11, as we were sleeping I suddenly woke up, which I often do in the middle of the night even to this day and I am now 19, I sat up in the bed and looked around, as I laid back down I closed my eyes to try to go back to sleep when I heard someone whisper my name.

It was a woman and I was about 4 when my great grandma passed so I don't remember her that well, but I do know we were very fond of each other. Anyway when I was trying to justify the noise and tell myself it was in my head I heard it again she whispered my name and told me she loved me and she would always be watching over me and with that I knew it had to be my great grandma.

I have always been fascinated with ghosts and or spirits and the supernatural world, and these are only 2 things that have happened to me. I have only been scared by 2 ghosts in my life but I will write those stories on a separate post. I don't need advice on these stories I just though I would share them

Other hauntings by KGTG

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KGTG, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

blazing-rain-of-jade-embers (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
Hey, abramd. You don't think that God would let people stay in our world when they should be in heaven or whatever. Well the spirits may have unfinished business and they can't go to heaven until it is over with. They may want to tell a loved one they loved them, tell someone where something for that person is, need a culprit to be caught, or something like that. I am an athiest and don't believe that guy, God, but I respect your beliefs. Usually demons hurt people. This ghost didn't hurt KGTG, so it could be a spirit with something that has to be done. Just telling you that if I did believed God, what I would believe.
bossymum (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
I have something similar to the "dish in the air" experience. I'll share it one day when I have time. Instead of a dish, it was a spoon.
abramd (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
I don't believe ghosts are out there. I don't think god let's people do this after passing. Any activity is more than likely demonic. (even disguised as a friendly grandmother)

Just what I believe...
KGTG (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
um the dish was only about 1 foot, but it was clearly floating on its own above the sink, and it was my 4 year old sisters plastic bowl.
A (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
did the dish break when it fell back into the sink? Just curious
Jeanine_dv (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
I think its cute how she wants to say hi to you. She obviously misses her family and wanted to stop by. Next time something happens like this (if there is a next time), I would say something like "Grandma is that you?" right after, just so she knows you are aware its her and maybe she will leave you alone... ❤
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
Love, Love, Love, this story! I agree with KimS, in the fact, that sometimes love is enough reason to reach thur the spirit world.
Just think, Grandma even wanted to help with the dishes.
God Bless, and thanks for sharing. ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
Wow. I have GOT to ask. How much height do you think that dish had? I mean, FEET in the air it was levitated? What was the dish made of?
I love the personal Visit. How nice of Grammy to let you know she still cared.
Wado (thank you)
stemah (8 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
Perhaps it was just a flying saucer, sorry couldn't resist. Good story.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-30)
Very Interest Love the story Wish I had the same thing with my great grandmother but never did. Good story love again.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
It is wonderful (and frightening) when family can come and visit us and let us know we are loved. I am not sure what happens in the after life, but I believe that it must take some time and effort for them to manifest so we can hear them and/or see them.

I know it is frightening, but you are truly blessed that she was able to tell you this.

Thanks for sharing!
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: