You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Aunty

Real Ghost Stories

My Aunty

 

When I was 4 my aunty died in a fire. I still remember her a little and know what she looks like as I have seen so many photos. She was a very funny woman and always joking around and being jolly from what I remember and from what my Mum has told me. Every Christmas when I was little we stayed with my Nan. My Mum and I would sleep in the spare room on a mattress on the floor and my brother would sleep in with my aunty.

One Christmas day when I was 9 I woke up to feel my Mum on one side of me like normal but there was also someone else the other side of me. I didn't open my eyes because I assumed it was my brother but I said to my Mum, 'oh tell him to get out of the bed' I then reached over with my eyes still closed and felt for him. I felt an adult sized arm and the skin was so soft it was definitely there. At that I jumped up and opened my eyes but there was no one there! I told my Mum and she is convinced that was my aunty as the spare room had been her bed room.

The next Christmas I was at my Nans again and every one was in the living room. I walked through the kitchen by myself and there was my auntie's head in midair above the counter. I know that sounds strange but she was looking through the little port hole that goes through to the living room and looking at every one at smiling! She also looked at me and smiled.

I can't explain why but I carried on walking into the living room like it was normal! Then I suddenly thought 'whoa what did I just see!' and asked my Mum to come in the kitchen with me and told her what I saw. I was actually really freaked out this time and I made my Mum come for a walk with me because I was so scared. I mean I know it was my aunty but it was still scary. Any way after that time my Mum said if she was scaring me I should ask out loud for her not to do it again so I did and I have never saw her again. I know it sounds mean doing that but it did scare me.

Some people don't believe this story but I know it is true. I may have been a child but you don't feel an arm that real next to and the weight of another body and you don't see someone that clearly and they aren't there. It's not even like I was thinking about her or ghosts at that time. She just really was there.

I'm thinking perhaps she wanted to show me and my Mum she is still around because my Nan never talks about because she gets so distraught. I do like to think she is looking over us.

Thank you for reading and I hope you find this interesting.

Other hauntings by cassyt89

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cassyt89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cassyt89 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-26)
Sorry only just thought of checking comments on my story.
Thanks for replying. I do like the idea that she is looking down on us all and looking out for us and I hope she wasn't upset I asked her to stop appearing to me x
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
It's sweet that your aunt kept showing up for Christmas. Also, I don't think it was mean to ask her to stop appearing and frightening you. She most likely didn't realize she was making you uncomfortable. I know I wouldn't want to scare my loved ones and would want to be told if I was. She is probably still around, just looking over you all in a less noticeable way. Thanks for sharing. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: