You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: What The Hell Is That?

Real Ghost Stories

What The Hell Is That?

 

In 1996 my brother Chris and I rented out an old ranch house dating back to the 1800s out in Adkins Texas. Just outside of San Antonio. It sat on about 17 acres with a graveyard dating back to the civil war, Mount olive cemetery to be exact. We would hear stories from people in town about the place but we never really gave it too much thought. Yeah there was the occasional thing out of place for no right reasons but not enough to set off alarms. But that would all change on this one Particular night.

We had not long turned to our rooms for the night when I was awakened by a friend of ours that stayed the night. Mike, Mike, get up quick... (In a desperate whisper) and bring your gun. I got up, reached under my bed and grabbed the nearest riffle to me. Then walked nervously to the front room and met up with Chris and our friend. Chris had already been looking out the window when I walked into the room. I will never ever forget the look on his face as he turned towards me and whispered "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT"?

I leaned over to the old single pane window looked out and all was bathed in the brightest moonlight I had ever seen. And there it was someone or something passing in between all of our trucks almost gliding... Hell it was gliding. It was the figure of a man, a man from a long time ago he had on overalls and a large brimmed hat. But you could not make out his face, just a black void. Then something else dawned on us, the thing had no feet... Noo feet. It just floated there looking into the vehicles. Then stood there gazing at us as hard as anyone could gaze without a Face. Now the time came for us to bring reality or whatever on this thing... Chris looked at me and said, "on three we go" 1...2... THREE! Out the door we rushed half scared shooting in the direction of this thing...BOOM! POW! POW!...BOOM! The thing was now gliding swiftly towards the bottleneck driveway Which was a half a mile long with open field on either side of it... We grabbed the keys to one of the trucks and ripped it up the long driveway spotlighting all over and the thing just vanished,, you don't understand,, there was nowhere for it to go. Absolutely nowhere! But up or down.

Well after 30 minutes of searching flat ground we headed back up to the house no one saying a word for quite some time. I was thinking to myself did this just happen? But reality hit hard when Chris shook his head once again flicking his cigarette And said WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?...

This is a true story, very true. The house unfortunately burned down not long after that. We still to this day get a chill talking about that night and feel lucky I guess to experience something like that in our lifetime...

The house was on rakowitz rd. And mount olive cemetery is right behind the place, and strange things are said to go on there to this day... Do the research, maybe you will see for yourself. Thanks for listening, and goodnight.

M. Hayes

Other hauntings by spookyme401

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spookyme401, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
well I wouldn't want to call to your house looking for directions... I might be in danger of getting shot... Do you shoot everyone who comes to your house?
StudentDO (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-20)
When I moved to TN into a newly built house, my family and I experienced similar aperitions. Our experiences degenerated into absolute hell. We contacted a paranormal investigation group. They came out a few times and said we had a portal in our house. I do understand your desire to shoot it, I'd do the same and tried to but my mom stopped me. Guess patching the walls for taking pot shots at the dead isn't fun lol.
xParanormancyx (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
Haha, classic English you got there, lol. I would probably scream the same exact thing. Pretty spooky experiance, but you should probably have expected something like that to happen, living on old property and all. I might look into that old ranch house though... Thanks for the post!
spookyme401 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-21)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fo2I8SXYb8
Here is a link on youtube of that old ranch house,, some cool pics and even cooler evp...
So listen up... A friend and I went out there
Two weeks ago and got this footage... Let me know what yall think.
Thanks. M Hayes.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
Its been fun, Spooky.

Did anyone ever investigate/go back to this property to try to witness this sighting again?

Lou
spookyme401 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Touch
kamui (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
well it if its me I would say that too...
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?
Very spooky story
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Uh-huh, Spooky.

If you shoot at the neighbor for interupting an intimate moment with your sister, you might be a redneck.

Lou
spookyme401 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Battle_Warrior...ABOUT 2 YEARS, BUT LIVED THERE BEFORE IN THE LATE EIGHTIES...
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Spooky: Great story!...I agree with cosmo that it may have been the keeper of the cemetery...

And sorry 😆, but I do have to ask: Why would you shoot at a "floating guy with no legs"? 😆...I just can't figure out what that would accomplish LOL...

Again, great story and thanks for posting! ❤
spookyme401 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
calm down lou... They were blanks...yeah...blanks.
Or rocksalt, no... Maybe it was cute puppies shaped like bullets...Dude...IT HAD NO LEGS AND WAS FLOATING..."FLOATING MAN!"
spookyme401 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
good question faerylike... Could have been all the bullets...lol...
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Great story, I believe every word! This is just the kind of crap you have to put up with sometimes when you live in a really old house. Of course having a cemetary in the backyard doesn't hurt either. 😊
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
Great story! Well written! I could even hear your southern twang as I read your tale. 😊
Do you think the place burning down had anything to do with what you saw?
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
Hey Spooky,

Very interesting encounter. As a favor to us responsible gun owners though, in the future if you could leave out the "What the hell is that?...I don't know, but let's kill it" part of the story, it would be greatly appreciated.

Lou
Battle_Warrior (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
Good story. Exactly how long had you been living there before that happen?
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
Yikes, that is Creeeepy 😨 I'm thinking it could have been the care taker of the cemetery or of the ranch. Poor guy was just out making his rounds and he almost gets his ghost butt blown off. LOL! I would have glided my way out of there too. Great story, going in my favs. 😊
girlheldtightdown201 (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
wow, I've read many stories on here but this one is similar to one I have heard here where I live in WV. My in-laws are from a place called Wyoming County, WV. And once there was this old guy who (now actually won't come out of his home because of this) he said he was driving this rd. Actually called Bolt Mt. It's very curvy and out in the country basically no homes, and have been known for dead people being found in other words it's a very bad place, well anyway he was driving down the mountain when all of a sudden something tapped on his window and when he glanced over he said it was a guy who was running beside his car but had no feet and was smiling and tapping on his window he got scared and stepped on the gas but the faster he went the guy did too, until finally he vanished. I used to not believe him until I actually have had a experience that I cannot explain which is on my story on here, I find it interesting that what you all saw was a human figure moving fast without legs like gliding. I would be so scared if I saw that, I know the guy here won't come out his house. 😐
Drakonikus (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
Chilling story. Love it though 😁
Was the house on like a burial ground or something which could have caused that?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: