You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Does Pregnancy Enhance Paranormal Activity?

Real Ghost Stories

Does Pregnancy Enhance Paranormal Activity?

 

I'm currently living in the North East region of the UK in a new building that's been standing for less than two years. I've resided here for almost one year and have always had the odd occurrence of noises around the flat, things moving, but nothing too drastic or fearsome until three months ago when I discovered I was pregnant.

This always seemed to happen when I was on my own - anything from the bin lid opening and closing in the kitchen (which is open plan and connected to my sitting room) to shadows on my sitting room wall, to the phone line moving on its own, cold patches around myself or in certain spots of the passage even when the heating is on full. Most recently which is really concerning me is my bedroom. I have a very uneasy feeling that I'm constantly being watched and followed around my flat and fear this more at night time when I can see a darkened area in my bedroom which seems to suck in light as I look at it.

On many occasions, I have woke in the night to switch my bedside lamp on to see the shadow hovering above my bed off the reflection on the TV but when I look up myself there is nothing visibly there. This is starting to startle me and would really appreciate some insight in to what could be happening and why.

My partner is quite skeptical about anything supernatural and always shrugs it off, but two days ago when he went for a late evening sleep before going on a night shift, I closed the bedroom door fully with all lights off in the room and I went and sat back in the living room whilst I left him to go to sleep.

Two moments later, he phoned my mobile from his mobile phone in the bedroom telling me to stop opening and closing the bedroom door (he was fully aware this was happening as the carpet is extremely thick and scrapes when the door opens). He witnessed the door handle moving and the bedroom door opening and immediately assumed it was me even though I was sitting in another room. We would appreciate any help with this please as it is starting to affect both of us now in the flat.

I would also like to add that whilst prior to my pregnancy I've "seen" shadows and had cold spots in the flat, that I have never felt scared or like something bigger and worse is going to happen until now. It's getting to the point where I cannot switch off my bedroom light and have to leave my lamp on all night just to feel safe and attempt to sleep.

Any help would be great.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gemsy11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-02)
Spiritualpeace:

It's not the first time I've read of this phenomenon: "Hearing Voices Under My Pillow" www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=23819

That said, SWS is right: "The best way to get some feedback would be by submitting your post and if it gets published, members will drop by your thread and offer you support and help try and figure out what's going on."

-Biblio.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-02)
Hello SpiritualPeace,

I'm not an expert on what you're experiencing, however you have come to the right place. The best way to get some feedback would be by submitting your post and if it gets published, members will drop by your thread and offer you support and help try and figure out what's going on.

With regards to what it means that a heavy breathing voice is telling you something ending in birth, I found an article online that you may find interesting.

When I was pregnant, both times, my intution levels increased. I also seemed to know how to do things like paint and sew. I never did all that prior to my pregnancies. My first child paints really well and my youngest sews. Can't be a coincidence. I also had dreams that both pregnancies I would have daughters. Once again, can't be a coincidence.

Some woman have loved ones who have passed away visiting like the article below.

Https://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/other-chat-514/wine-bar-494/1173875-ghosts-pregnant-women.html

I'm sorry I can't be of further help.

Best wishes,
😘 ❤ 😘
Spiritualpeace (2 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-02)
My girlfriend is 10 weeks pregnant as of today and this morning I got home from work and was laying down, fully awake mind you. The ear that was on the pillow was being whispered into. I could literally feel someone's breath... The vibrations of every sound... And it was like they were speaking a foreign language... I only understood one word and it was the last one. Birth. Any idea what this is supposed to mean?
believer21 (3 stories) (56 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
I am with you on this, I myself am at 28 weeks and while I have always seen spirits, I have had an increase since being pregnant, among other experences. I haven't had any issues in my place yet *knock on wood*. I agree with Insight find a way to ground your fear and do not allow them to intimidate you, any negative energy can allow something more menacing into your life.
Best wishes ❤
Ebbas_angel (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-25)
I have read stories about pregnant women being very receptive to paranormal things, and one where the woman had more and more things happening to her as he pregnancy got on. I think it must have something to do. I don't know by personal experience though because I've never been pregnant (I'm only 15 lol) but I've read a lot of stories.
BadJuuJuu: I found your explanation really sweet about the friends in Summerland 😊
insight39 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
pregnancy absolutely opens you up to the paranormal! I have always been sensitive to everything around me and when I was pregnant it always increased 10 fold and it will last until about 3 months after, sometimes tho it never goes away, so just be prepared, an maybe you should learn how to close yourself off or ground yourself for protection. Sylvia Brown has an awesome book to help you learn how to do all of those things. Good luck
DCinAZ (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
I like BJJ's theory, it makes sense. My concern is your fear. These days it's become the first reaction when confronted with something paranormal. I've said this before and I still stand by my theory of "Blame it on Hollywood". Fear sells tickets and puts butts in the seats. They've really made a mess of things if you ask me. Growing up, my mom saw spirits/ghosts all the time and never let any of us think for a moment that it was anything to be afraid of. To her it was a natural progression of life. I think BJJ has this one hands down. Congratulations on your upcoming arrival! ❤ ❤
timidtim (4 stories) (20 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Could the baby within the womb be causing this unknowingly? Humor me for a moment. We humans only use a certain portion of our brains & are only beginning to tap into other parts & using more of a percentage. Sure history has proven that mind readers and people with special mental gifts have always been on the Earth. Maybe the baby in the womb is accidently causing this with some kind of telekenetic ability unaware of what's it doing to its surroundings? Kinda compared to when it kicks and moves, I'm sure the baby is not trying to cause pain or discomfort its just being a newborn. I'm not trying to get smart or offend anyone just trying to come up with a theory... Stay blessed
30stones (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Hormonal fluctuations may be playing a part, too---most of us have heard cases of pre- adolescence and menopause correlating with ghost-like and even poltergeist activity.

I like BJJ's theory, btw, and I too congrat you on your new baby~
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
I have heard that pregnancy can increase paranormal activity. One theory is that during pregnancy, a woman is more sensitive to anything that could harm her, and by extension, the precious life she is safeguarding within her. That increase in sensitivity can act as a type of beacon to wandering ghosts. They "see" your increased sensitivity, and know that you are more likely to notice them.
My personal opinion is this. Before birth and after death, we are all in the Summerland. The increased activity that a woman experiences during pregnancy are the friends that her unborn child's soul has made before conception, before his soul comes to this plane of existence. Those friends are looking in on the child, to see that he is safe, and in the hands of parents who will love him.
It's naturally an unsettling experience for the mother. Try to be as objective as possible about these events. Are they truly frightening, or just odd and triggering the protection instinct?
Congrats on the baby, btw. 😊 ❤ 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: