You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Cold, Shadowy Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Cold, Shadowy Figure

 

This is from my most recent encounter with what my friend and I believe to be either a sent spirit or demon. Let me start off by saying this is certainly not in any way the first time I've experienced something of this nature. Things have been following me for a very long time now, and I never really tell anybody but those I know who will understand.

Anyways, this took place the Friday and Saturday before last. I was going to sleep over with my best friend, Sierra. School let out at about 3:00, so I would wait for about two hours or so before they came to pick me up. I waited in the quad, did some homework, just killed some time. They were running a little late, so I still sat in the quad. Things were pretty mundane until 5:30 or so. I was reading, (by this time, I was pretty much the only person there, everyone else had left), when, all of a sudden, I heard running. As if someone was running towards me. Thinking it was Sierra, I turned to look. No one was there. I shrugged it off as nothing and went back to my reading. Not even a minute later, I felt a really cold hand on my shoulder. I couldn't even scream, that's how shocked I was. My phone suddenly rang, shocking me further still. To my relief, Sierra and her mom and our friend Vicky had arrived, and were only letting me know. I grabbed my bag and ran away, and I could've sworn I heard that same, low chuckle I've heard so often before.

Fast forward to about three hours later. Sierra, Vicky, and I were getting ready to go to the Haunted Hay Ride carnival thing down at Griffith Park. We were all really excited, as it would be tons of fun. Sierra's mom, who is really awesome and understanding of what goes on with us, told us it was time to go. So we left.

The carnival was absolutely amazing! We had so much fun running around, trying and failing to avoid the people in costume. The hay ride was really well done. People in terrifying costumes with even more terrifyingly good acting skills, would jump literally in your face to scream or breathe really heavily. The old Griffith Park zoo, still as beaten up and desolate as ever, was used as an asylum exhibit. Enough said for that, I'm sure you can only imagine how well everything else was put together.

The haunted maze was so hilarious; we got stuck several times and ended up bumping into the same "ghoul" with the leather bag on his head just as many times. Then, we heard the chainsaw. Sierra and her mom ran, laughing. I took refuge in a small indent of hay, and Vicky just ran. Within a few seconds, I was face to face with this clown-zombie sort of thing wielding a chainsaw and shouting incoherently. I just started laughing so much. I started walking away, still laughing, the guy still behind me. I eventually found Sierra and Annalee. They looked at my new "friend" and started cracking up. Then, Annalee asked, "Where's Vicky?" I started to say that she ran, but all of a sudden, my clown companion said in a really convincingly, chilling growl,"I'll get her..." We remained there, laughing as he walked away, chainsaw buzzing loudly. Seconds later, we saw the funniest thing ever: Vicky running faster than anybody had ever seen her run before, screaming at the top of her lungs, face scrunched up in pure terror, my clown following close in mock persuit. Oh, my god, none of us could stop laughing, especially after she flung herself at full velocity into Sierra's arms. Classic.

Anyways, besides Vicky's feat with fear, nothing really happened that night. We (Sierra and I) sensed something there, but nothing happened. Not yet. In the morning, Vicky left, so it was just me and Sierra. Her mom had left for work, and that night we were going to see "Paranormal Activity 2". How very ironic. Anyways, Sierra keeps this poster board from a project our teacher assigned last year agaisnt her window, preventing any light from entering at any time. This made it very peaceful and gave it a nighttime vibe, perfect for catching up on our experiences and stuff. I told her about my 000-000-000 phonecalls, and she told me some eerie things that had happened to her when she was in Fresno. Eventually, we got around to talking about "this guy". I will omit his name for the sake of privacy.

Anyways, he was a really good friend of ours until he started getting into dark magick and what we think might be Necromancy. Bottom line, wittingly or not, he summons some pretty bad stuff, and Sierra and I can testify. He's always lying, and lately seems like he's trying to hurt us. Sierra and I, who practice white magick and nothing else, were at our wits' ends. She kept looking towards the big vanity mirror, and eventually, out of curiosity, I took a glance. Directly to the left side was this pair of slit, bright blue eyes, and what appeared to be what can only be described as a "Cheshire Cat grin". I nervously asked her if she saw it. Frightened and excited, she agreed. We quickly dove under the covers. She peeked out after a moment and reported that she saw a black hand come out of her mirror, and this dark, tall, headless torso with outstretched arms above us. We did all we could to calm our nerves after this. She told me prior to this that "our friend" had given her some very weird runes to copy down to ease her nightmares. So, before we went to the movies, we decided to find out what it was. Her Divining Rods had crossed three times, so we were convinced "our friend" had something to do with it.

We used my scorpian pendant, prayed, and began. She asked it some pretty basic questions, and eventually, it said that it was actually him, which seemed unlikely. She asked it if the runes would be fatal, and it hestitated before saying no. By this point, I was getting a chill down my spine; I knew this was not whatever it claimed to be. Thinking a trick would work, I asked it if its middle name was Robert. It said yes. I looked up at Sierra in terror and told her to end it. We prayed, said goodbye, and stopped. Her whole left arm was freezing cold, and wet, but there was no liquid. She got up, apathetically, which is so not her, and started to get ready to leave. I told her to look at herself in the mirror to see if she was still "herself". She did, and her eyes, where the pupils should be, were a swirling, pitch black; she had a look of murder on her face. I screamed and froze where I was. After she snapped out of it, we started hysterically crying and praying. After that, the party was uneventful in that sense. Following these events, more has happened, which I will post soon. Any ideas? Some people just told us that maybe a spirit was passing through her, but I don't know... Thanks for your time! Will post some more happenings soon!

Other hauntings by WinterFire

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WinterFire, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

regi375 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-06)
Thanks for posting this story.

This "guy" doesn't seem to smart. Dark magic is dangerous. It can actually get himself into trouble especially without any knowledge. I had a dark spirit possess me and it wasn't fun. It lasted for years until I helped myself and banished it. Your "friend" isn't actually one if (s) he gave you something harmful.

Please be careful, its not fun having a evil thing attacking you without any protection. I would keep your friend, Sierra, close. You two are more powerful together than you are apart.
WinterFire (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Yes, I completely agree with you, scrapmetalkitten. He was our friend for a while, a very good friend, but he soon grew into liking dark things, and then things got out of hand. Sierra and I are trying our best to avoid him at all costs. Thank you for posting your concern! 😊
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
I would stay away from your "friend" if you think he tried to intentionally harm you in that way. That is no friend, and someone you should be cautious of. He is playing with fire, and he shouldn't purposely do things to put other people in jeopardy as well.
WinterFire (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
aliciacap1214: Thank you so much! With the second story I posted, I tried writing with a more direct approach. Your kind words are appreciated! 😁
WinterFire (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
biblefreeme: What's funny about your comment is that it's EXACTLY describing him! 😆 He thinks he can go to Panpipes or Brass Unicorn, pick up a few crystals and candles, and that makes him legit! Thank you for your understanding, by the way! 😊
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
yes winterfire I totaly agree I have been teaching my self the craft for three years now on and of but I still don't think I know enough or am comited enough do try even a basic spell let alone summon somthing any idiot can go to ebay and buy all the fancy alter get up but it don't maketh you a witch
Blessed be
Marnie 😊 ❤
WinterFire (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
[at] biblefreeme Yes, Sierra, her mom and I have already done that. It seems to be starting to work. He is indeed doing harm on himself; he didn't take the time to actually learn and comprehend anything besides Summoning. It's pretty ignorant of someone new like him to want to right away jump into something so dark and powerful, don't you agree?
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
if you feel threatend by someone you know then you need to do a binding spell on them as your not new to majick I'm sure you can find one in one of your books although hes doing himself more harm thatn hes doing you threefold return law will take care of that
WinterFire (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-07)
[at] butthead Hahaha, no problem! 😆 Yeah, the maze, although pretty big, was also very narrow, and that made it easier to get trapped in. Lucky us, huh? 😭
butthead (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-07)
Winterfire, I understand now, phew.
Thanks *s*

Im 28, if someone is within 1000m of me with a buzzing chainsaw, be sure as **** I'm not going to wait to see if there is a blade in there, and then let me show you how a white man runs the 100m...

Thanks for clearing things up Winter, and Blue_raven.

WinterFire (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-06)
[at] blue_raven80 It was a question to see if it was lying or not. Our friend's actual middle name is Christian, so a question like that would tell us right away if it was lying. Anyways, thank you! 😁
WinterFire (2 stories) (20 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-06)
[at] DCinAZ Yep! I don't know if they did anything with the observatory or not, but you're right, if they did, THAT would be pretty creepy! Also, with the school thing, due to my drumming classes and JROTC classes, I'm forced to be at the school in pretty much the same circumstances. Will be sure to post some of those "happenings" and more soon! Thanks for reading!
WinterFire (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-06)
[at] butthead Thanks! 😁 Yeah, I think what they did was take the blade part out, but still keep the chain part on so the noise would still be there to scare the crap out of us, lol.
WinterFire (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-06)
[at] Darizuka Yes, you're absolutely right. Christian is his actual middle name, so I figured a simple question like that would be a dead giveaway as to whether or not this thing was lying to us or not.
Darizuka (11 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-06)
Blue_raven. Its likely "robert" is a trick word in which she meant as a trick word to tell if "it" was who it claimed to be.

Basically what she meant was "Robert" is just a madeup name that doesn't even associate with her black magic friend. But considering "it" replied with a yes. It gave away that it wasn't who it claimed to be.
butthead (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
i don't understand either (as someone else had posted) why the trick question with the name Robert made you so scared, and why it was even a trick question.
The story was nicely wrote, yes you didn't have to include the carnival part but hey... In a way it kept the suspense goin cause I wasn't sure if something was going to happen.
I also don't like the idea of a guy "running around" with a chainsaw on the go *lol*... I've seen wounds that those bad boys can to do an experienced user.
Anyway, thanks for sharing.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
enjoyed the carnival part... The rest just sounds to me like two young girls having a good time scaring each other... With some drama involved. Certainly nothing supernatural. Glad to hear kids still enjoying themselves this time of year...
DCinAZ (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
I liked the part about the carnival at Griffth Park because it reminded me of when I was a kid and we would go there. Back then the zoo was nice and full of animals (yeah I'm pretty old). The fun/scary part for us was the observatory, we always swore that place was haunted. I was more concerned about you being at the school so late with the footsteps coming at you! Now that was wild! 😊
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
I have a question, what does the name "robert" has to do with the trick question. Sorry, I got lost there. Thanks for answering. Great story.
WinterFire (2 stories) (20 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Next time, I'll try and omit things that are not important. The carnival part was an attempt to lighten things up, but I understand now it's better to get to the point. Will do it next time. 😊
WinterFire (2 stories) (20 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
I'm sorry to hear that. Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
I am sorry this story is very hard for me to follow. It seems very embellished to me. I don't know what the carnival part was for. The only thing that I could think of being truthful was the beginning with the running and the touching but that would be it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: