You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Scared To Sleep Alone

Real Ghost Stories

Scared To Sleep Alone

 

Months have passed. And still happening.

I have been dating my partner for over 4 years now, and to be honest he keeps me a lot safer at night...

Lately, around 12-4 in the morning, it feels like someone/something is watching me sleep, I felt something pushing my head down into my pillow and when I try to push up, I couldn't move. What is it?

I would use all my strength to break free and get massive cramps, and sweat all morning.

I would have to wake up hide under the covers and tell my partner to wake up and cuddle me and don't let go.

I'm only 17 and have been experiencing this since my pop died from a heart attack. (I and pop were very close). I walked in to him on the couch, holding his chest, in frozen mode and if he was paralyzed and couldn't move, and then I realized he had been dead for over 2 hours.

That night I had terrible dreams about him leaving into the light.

My partner said I awoke him because I was shaking and sweating, screaming and my eyes were rolling back.

He called my Mum into the room and she awoke me. I didn't remember anything.

Please help me; I have had enough of these feelings.

I live in Geraldton, 420 KMs from Perth; my house is brand new so it can't be haunted.

Help me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Snezypop, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jemiance (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
Well it sounds like something is attached to you, the same thing happens to my aunt. She can feel the presence in the room and it starts messing with her and moving things around. My best advice is to make sure all of your windows are closed because spirits are able to come in through openings in your house.
Aljohn34 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
It does sound like your father but if the two of you were close it is unlikely that he would disturb you
Hold your head to a pillow etc.
glfc (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
yes. Maybe its your dad or something what was attatched to him wich has now moved onto you. Maybe it scared your dad so much to the case he was afraid to tell anyone. Maybe its something trying to spring its energy onto you so it can make contact, maybe it wants your help moving over and dosent know how else to contact you. Listen to the sines. If it gets worse get an excsorsism performed in your house. And remember even if you arent religious pray alot. It helps, if it happens again then pray and it may calm down.
AloveB85 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
just becasue your house is brand new does not mean it can't be haunted.
It seems to me something has either attached itself to you, or to your home.
If this stuff didn't start happening until your pop died, it could maybe be him, and he has not crossed over yet. OR maybe it was a spirit that was haunting your pop and he never said anything to yu about it.

I like what timidtim has to say.

Pray that this spirit leaves you alone, and leaves your home. Be firm. It sounds dark and dangerous.

On this site you will find great information about sage, wild roses, and salt. To ward of evil.
JimD (431 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-07)
Hi;

First and like my fellow posters, I'm sorry re. Dad and I'll pray for his soul. Second, it may be a sleep disorder, so look into that, but if it's demonic, as I strongly suspect, I'd get and use Catholic Holy water, especially at night and on your bed. I'd also use the phrase "Jesus and Mary help me", either verbally or at least mentally - watch its reaction. God bless you and Good luck; you can email me for more, if needed. Dukes2352atAOL.com. PS Re. My longest case, WE"RE CLOSE TO FULL LIBERATION, thank God.
TechNinja (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-06)
My apologies for finding your father in such a state.
About seven of my very close friends fathers have died within the last five to ten years. None of which were due to old age, and every one of them I think about everyday until this day as at one point or another their families were like my second family. I find myself in tears quite often, the worst and most recent case being one of my best friend's coming home to find his father in his basement who had shot himself in the head.

These traumatic situations can't be ignored and there is little to do to overcome them. The best thing like others have mentioned is just to talk about it with others, particularly your partner or even a counselor and not let it eat you up. As painful as it may be, I think it is the best way to go.

Anywho, as for the sleep paralysis that's happened to me a bunch of times where I find myself buried face deep with sleep paralysis and consequently being unable to breathe. Also, I experience the night terrors - noisy, sweaty, thrashing.

Both conditions, I think, can be promoted by different things. Many like to dismiss them in certain ways, but the fact is they occur regardless of what people believe causes them.

First things first though, reconcile any internal, emotional issues. At least then you'll have an idea what's really ailing you, without emotional interference.
lostsoul123 (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-06)
i had same here I was sleeping and ended uphard time breathing cuzz like a pillow on my face its ony you doing it to yourself because its like a ghost enters you 😨
DCinAZ (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
It's going to take a while for you to get past your fathers death, there's no question it's taking it's toll on you. In these situations your subconcious mind can brew up all sorts of troubling scenarios, I'd say that in some ways that's got to be expected. After all, you found him in his 'death pose', for lack of any better words, and that's going to leave a scar on your psyche. Give yourself time, time and love can heal all wounds ❤ ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
Snezypop, since everyone else has addressed the issue of your dad and his passing (I'd also like to say how sorry I am), I'll address the haunted house part.

Even though your house is new, that doesn't mean your house can't be haunted. This does not mean I believe your house IS haunted. All I'm saying is, just because your house is new, doesn't mean ghosts can't be there.

The land has ALWAYS been there. There could have been many different dwellings over many, many years long before your home was built that might have had deaths, which could have resulted in residual or intelligent hauntings.

I'm just passing along information. 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
Snezypop,
First of all, I am very sorry for your loss. I lost my dad a couple years back, it is very difficult.

With the occurances your are describing, I would urge you to talk to a grief counselor, or a friend even, someone that is not as close to the situation of your family as your loved ones that live with you. You have a lot of emotions and feelings and even the strogest of people can have a difficult time when all of these pressures of life are coming down around us.

You have been through a lot. Allow your self time to greive. Talk to someone. I am sure it will help with what you are going through and it will help with your sleep patterns.

God Bless!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
Oh wow I can't even imagine how horrifying that was to walk in and find your father like that. I am so sorry for your loss. Have you ever considered that you might be suffering from post traumatic stress disorder? Here is a link explaining PTSD and the symptoms that occur.
Http://namimi.org/post-traumatic-stress?gclid=CNGgpviViqUCFSMd5wodeAc8Mw
What you are experiencing at night could be a result of this. I am glad that your partner is with you and helps you feel safe at night. I hope you find the answers you need. Take Care ❤
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
I am sorry about your dad.
I agree with Tim, I think you are still trying to revive from you tragic experience. You need to talk to someone about this, not just your partner or your mother but someone with string religious holding. I have a feeling that with all this happening you are kind of lost in it; I will not be surprised if you are actually questioning why such tragedy happened to you and your family (losing your dad).
Ofcourse this is a great site to seek advice and support.
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
Sounds to me like you may have a form of sleep paralysis.
Sleep paralysis seems to affect those that are hypersensitive.
The simplest way for me to describe it is being unable to move your body, but being mentally aware. (body asleep while your mind is awake).
Sometimes I have the same problem, and It gets tiresome. More-so if you have a big test in the morning.
Try not to sleep on your face and try winding down before you go to bed at night, relax a little, perhaps a warm shower. Stress will only make things worse.
Gary
timidtim (4 stories) (20 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
I believe when your Pop passed away you might have been traumatized by the tragic event. When we are depressed and saddened sometimes the enemy attacks us because we are weaker than usual and leave are guards down. I think this is some kind of evil spirit or demon. I have struggles with these same things that torment me when I sleep. It doesn't matter if its day or night. If you get a chance read my story, there are some parallels...
Sammylouuu (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Well I Dont Know What You Can Do Really... But All I Can Say Is If You Were That Close To Your Dad Than I Dont Think Its Him, Why Would He Try to Suffocate You...?! Whenever Things Like That Happen Just Think Really Hard in Your Mind That Your Not Scared & You Dont Care. When They Dont Smell Fear They Usually leave You Alone...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: