You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The Horrors And The Odd Events Of My Life

Real Ghost Stories

The Horrors And The Odd Events Of My Life

 

I would like to begin with my story dating back to the day I was born in the summer of 1981. I would be the third child to be born in my family and the unlucky odd one to be stuck in the middle having two older siblings and two younger brothers & the only left handed one at that. When I was born I was told that my hair was platinum white and the whole one side of my body was shaking. Naturally my Mother was deeply worried & thought something was physically wrong with me. The Doctors shrugged it off & made the comment that I was just "timid" and scared.

Personally & I know people will laugh it off and disbelieve me but I have bits and pieces of when I was a baby. I remember staring at a blue tile wall for what seemed like an eternity. I can remember the warm fuzzy faces that looked into my face smiling and baby-talking me. I also have disconnected ones that don't add up. There is one memory that I have to this day of an old black man holding me and looking down at me smiling. He's either smoking a cigar or a cigarette and placing his ashes in a golden ashtray. I could really sense an overwhelming blanket of love and a positive vibe from this memory. I always wondered why this memory stuck with me to this day & I'm really not sure what it means.

Late 80's... Growing up in a haunted house

My family & I lived in an old Victorian style house which when I think about the house itself it was pretty cool and it was very surreal. I remember down on the first level there was a trapped door and there were times when we found old bottles down in there.

I have to tell you though there was more to that house than just old woodwork and fancy trim. I remember nights were I was the only one awake,sweating, anxiously waiting for something bad to happen. I watched them across the dim lit room. They were shadows-like. I watched it form into the shape of a human and after a while I was suddenly struck in a violent flash of light. I remember hitting the floor in our bedroom and within a second jumping back into bed. I hid under the covers and tried waking up my older brother.

I could never remember if I had ever told my Mother about that particular horrible experience or if I did what she said or did about it but I know it happened. I remember my Mother being scared in that house. Most of the time it was when my Father was at work. We could hear footsteps all over the house. Mom use to think it was an intruder breaking into our house and remember her calling the police a few times. My Father's job would eventually transfer him to another state & so our family moved away from that old place and we moved out to Pennsylvania from New Jersey.

Early to mid-90's... The Dream

Moving from New Jersey to Pennsylvania was tough at first because our family was from Jersey but my Brothers and my Sister and I were excited living out into the country and plus we had our own swimming pool. Years went by and we adjusted to country life and spent countless summers having a great time in that swimming pool. The last summer we would have that pool I remember clear as day having somewhat of a distorted dream which I didn't connect until after the tradgedy. The dream was like watching a movie or a film, better yet it was like my eyes were the camera. I remember it just showing me the pool from the perspective you would be standing at the front angle of the pool out in the grass. There was a ambulance with its lights on flashing, red and white. No sound, no people around. Several weeks passed on from that odd dream & on a hot July afternoon my Sister dove into the pool & shattered her neck & spine instantly. She would have drowned and died if my Brother's and I were not there that day. I would be spending the rest of the Summer at a medical center and then at a rehab center to support my Sister.

Months went by until it hit me that before she actually had the accident I had a dream of an ambulance near the pool! The day of that tragedy an ambulance pulled up through our front yard into the grass right near the pool. It was incredible that I had this experience but sometimes I get down on myself because I wish I could have prevented it from happening. I should be thankful that God saved her life that afternoon. I still remember the first time I saw her at the medical center, I broke down & cried. I guess for an 11 year boy I was a bit sensitive but I cried my eyes out. The halo instrument they have to screw in a victims skull was enough to break a young man down, let alone realizing a family member you love dearly will never walk again...

Strange Coincidence... 1995-98

A "Big Brother" type of friend came into my life after my Sister had her accident and what a good time to have a great and dear friend such as this guy. His name was Jeff and he taught at a local nearby High School near my town. We had met through each others Mothers. I guess after my Sister's accident and the upcoming divorce of my parents I was beginning to hate life and slip into a deep, dark depression and I was isolating myself. I can honestly say I would probably not be here if it were not for this friend that God had sent into my life. He always encouraged me and I always had a great friend who always listened to me, I guess sometimes that is all we need. A good friend.

Jeff & I did anything two guys would do, go for long adventurous bike rides, explore nature & go hiking. I began taking an interest in the ladies and he gave me some really good advice. Jeff, in so many ways was like the best friend anyone could have. A big Brother & a Father all in one. One day I stopped out to visit my good friend & when I saw him he had asked me if I grew up in New Jersey, in a town called Phillipsburg. I replied "yes." Jeff began to smile and pulled out an envelope with a picture and a thank you note. Jeff was into various organizations that were charity related and I knew of this at the time. His charitable related pen pals were from all over the world but this was a first, someone from my hometown. He held up the picture & my jaw dropped. It was a picture of one of my childhood buddies who lived down the block. It was crazy! Jeff's smile shrank as he questioned me if I knew the kid in the picture. "Yeah, his names Arther!" I exclaimed. Jeff smiled still but I could tell he was a bit stunned. I mean what are the odds? I move from my hometown in the Summer of '88 and all but ten years later in another state (2.5 hrs. Away) I see a childhood friend I have had no contact with since and then I see a picture of him through another friend?

It was one of those things where I was just dazed with amazement. What are the odds? Two troubled teens who were childhood friends, one moves over two hours away to another state. No contact is involved during almost a ten year span & "WAM" our troubled lives bring us to a very good and dear friend as Jeff. I'm a guy but I get the chills when I think about it...

The exploding glass...

This happened a few years back when my Wife was pregnant with my first child. Her Mother and my Wife & I were in the kitchen having a comfortable conversation on a nice clear sunny day when all of the sudden a glass bowl-dish shattered up in the cabinet. Upon investigating we had noticed that there was glass all over the kitchen floor and inside the cabinet. The three of us soon could find no explanation to why this glass bowl shattered. The glass bowl was part of a group of biggest to smallest stack-able bowls and nothing fell over to hit it. To my amazement I found fragments of glass outside the kitchen all the way down some steps near the front door! It was really bizarre. Right before it happened there was NO sound of anything giving way all falling, just the sound of exploding glass.

Dark presence...

While my Wife & I lived with her parents we had our own room down in the lower level of their bi-level house. Outside the room to ours was a door to the garage & another one to a downstairs living room area. There were also steps that would take you to the upper level of the home but anyways. Most nights when her Father was not working nights he would be in that living room downstairs watching TV. On this particular night he was not home and the Wife and I can both sit down with anybody right now & tell them there was an evil presence in that house on that night. It began with me waking up suddenly like I was aware of something. It was a calm awakening but I would soon find myself feeling uneasy. I laid there and glanced at our alarm clock which was blinking and flashing. We always set the right time on it and used the alarm for when I worked mornings. I thought to myself "We must have lost power temporarily?" For a moment I had thought I had heard someone nudge on the door to our room. I sat there and listened carefully. As I listened I took notice that the room felt heavy, like the air was stale & the room itself appeared and felt darker than usual.

We always kept our bedroom door locked for privacy reasons. If anybody reading this has ever lived with their in-laws you should know were I'm coming from. There it was again, another nudge on the door knob, this time I was certain. I knew her Father was at work so I was prepared to defend against an intruder. At that moment after the sound of the door knob turning I felt my Wife grip up on me and hold me tighter. I whispered her name and she immediately told me she was scared. My Wife must have been awake that whole time I was awake and feeling something odd without me noticing. We laid in bed for another moment and then I had asked her to check things out,lol. At first she said "NO!" My idea was if anybody had indeed broken into our home and decided to attack my wife I would surely make them pay. "I'm right here,watching..." I told her. She checked & I joined in after a few brief moments but there was nothing. No sign of an intruder.

The accident...

This happened a year or two after we had bought and settled into our new house. My Wife and I were both excited about buying our first home but we would soon find there would be some issues with the house that would put a damper on things. By the first two or three years in our first house we would be dishing out over $7,000 dollars, including buying a new vehicle. I'm not going to get into the details of the financial problems that came along with us buying this home but I am going to tell you our first dark experience while living there.

One early morning I was having a dreadful nightmare about someone in my family suffering in agonizing pain. It was truly vivid and horrible. I was suddenly awakened by the nightmare only to be hearing my 2 year old son screaming bloody murder. My wife and I checked on him immediately & all was fine after we calmed him down. Even though I was disturbed by the nightmare and the fact my little boy was screaming to the top of his lungs, I was still tired and decided to try and go back to sleep. My Wife stayed up & took care of our son. My Wife decided to make a quick run down to a store & pick somethings up for breakfast. While I slept my Wife drove about 30-40 ft from our house and wrecked her vehicle, flipping her car upside down. My Wife and my son were trapped in the vehicle momentarily before a neighbor helped them out. I'll never forget I was woke up again that same morning by more screams! I was shocked when I looked down our alley to see her Chevy flipped upside down in the middle of the street.

It was very strange, the fastest one could go from our house to accident site was maybe 25-30mph. The cops made a report and said she swiped a parked jeep and kind of ramped one off one of the tires of the jeep. I was skeptical but took it into consideration. Even to this day She tells me she doesn't remember hitting anything. She said she just lost control and flipped the vehicle. I guess this is just one of those things were you just had to be there and see it for yourself, a car flipped on its roof in the middle of a one-way alley 30-40 ft from were it was parked. I am very grateful to God he protected my Wife & Son that morning. I guess I'm just curious what those nightmares were all about earlier that morning? Did my Son pick up some of the bad vibes I was feeling before I woke up? I guess what bothers me the most is this question: "If I did not have that vivid nightmare & if my Son wouldn't have woke up screaming bloody murder-would that accident have happened?" Possibly not because we would have slept in a little longer...

The sleep horrors...

I've had this sleeping disorder off and on since I was a teen but sometimes I wonder what they actually are. Just when I think "they" are gone it comes back again and again. I'm going to tell you a couple of them because they are important to understand what I actually think "they" are.

Falling to sleep. Sleeping away. Suddenly, I'm awake but yet unable to move. There is a pulsing sound in my head & I feel like my head is going to explode from all the pressure building. "Help,shiat!I'm going to die in my sleep!" My body is paralyzed but yet I'm able to think and reason. I'm aware that my Wife is right there beside me yet I can do nothing to let her know what I'm experiencing. Finally I snap out of this "grip" I was in moments ago & I come through.

After years of talking to people I have found a small number of people suffer from this type of sleeping disorder. I'm going to let it go and tell you this one story.

I felt it, I was aware of it. It has me in its grip, it was like something invading my body, keeping still as it takes me over. Suddenly there is kicking and violent pounding on the downstairs front door. It's terrible that I can hear from all the way up here. "Oh my God, they are in my house!" I hear multiple footsteps rush up the steps. They are in the hallway coming into our bedroom! Suddenly I am able to move & I sit up in bed and stare deeply in the hallway near the steps. Nothing...

Another incident...

I'm sleeping & suddenly I'm being possessed. I can feel my eyes rolling in my head as I try to move but can't. Paralysis has me in its powerful grip. This time there is a presence in the room. What the hell is it doing, I ask myself. I can see a blurred pale white hand over my eyes. Then out of no-wheres there is this electronic bleep sound. It later reminded me of the dial up sound you use to hear when you were signing on AOL. It was loud and audibly annoying. I soon woke up with no sign of anything in the room.

This one time I was being taking over, invaded & I prayed to Jesus & rebuked it in his holy name. I literally felt this thing lift off me and out of my body and I remember feeling tingly sensations as the paralysis was gone.

Recently I had one of these episodes and remembered trying not to show this thing fear but it was too difficult. I prayed & felt it get worse. When I say worse it felt like my heart was going to explode in my chest and that I was going to die in my sleep. This was the same night I had like 8-10 episodes... Every time I went into a sleep pattern these evil spirits or demons would torment me...

I have to give my opinion on this last section of my long story. I personally believe that one day this thing could possibly kill me in my sleep. Sometimes it feels like if I don't lay still & allow it to do whatever its trying to do that its going to get far worse. I'm scared because I am a loving Father of soon to be three children & I have a beautiful Wife. My two younger Brother's have experienced these things but not as severe as I have. Honestly, I know for a fact that these things attack me when I am overly tired and drained, which makes sense for someone or something to attack a victim when they are drained. Sometimes I feel its all in my head but that one time I prayed and it left me I felt so relieved and felt peace that night. There was something special about that night, in a sense it was beautiful...

I'll quickly list some other symptoms of feelings if anyone else has experienced these please let me know.

*Awake in the mind & you can think but your are physically paralyzed.

*Feel a strange presence in the room.

*Hear audible electronic sounds, kind of like retro Nintendo video game sound effects or like AOL dial up sounds.

*Extreme pressure in the head or fast heart rate.

*I get these once in a blue moon, a loud explosion sound or gunshot sound right before you fall to sleep & it wakes you up!

I know everyone born on this planet is special in their own way and that we were all created for a purpose. What a strange world this is. Thank you for taking the time for reading into my life, feel free to give me some input...

Tim

Other hauntings by timidtim

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, timidtim, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Padraigmceoin (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
Most of the things you said about waking up in the middle of the night have happened to me 3 or 4 times and regarding the gun blast you hear before you fall asleep happens to my father and grandfather every night (I'm 14) and seeing ghosts or paranormal things seems to run in my family my mother, father, grandparents have all told me about things they have saw, when my mother was a child on Christmas Eve her house caught fire and she stayed with her grandmother that lived about 2 minutes away from her house and she told me that she can very clearly remember seeing a white figure of a old woman standing in the window of the burning house
anyone_there (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
thanks for replying and the advice, but I'm not all that religious even though my parents. Could anyone tell me anything else to do except from praying when I get scared because of these things? It mostly happens when I'm alone in a room or home alone. Like I have had something pulling down the back of my top before like a little short kid trying to get my attention. Anyway, if anyone has ideas of what to do when things like that happen (which they do often since I turned 15) could you tell me please? On somenights its gotten so bad that I stay up the whole night with my ipod all the way up so I don't hear the voices or thumps etc
Anywayss byee! ❤ 😊
timidtim (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
anyone-there sorry for the late reply... I guess between the ages of 15-17 is when I started experiencing these night terrors. I pretty much prayed & just had to let things "run" it's course even though at times it was extremely difficult. Stay strong & stay blessed...
Paranormalgirl 101
I had told my Mother in the past but I don't think She actually thought too deeply about the matter...
anyone_there (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
hello 😊
I think I've been having the same symptoms as you (the last ones written at the end) and it happened last night around 12am-ish.
I was in my room, just a second away from sleep and I heard a very loud thump come from the hallway. While I was in my bed I had this wierd feeling of zoning out but I was still aware of where I was and I could hear and see things around me. I kind of felt like I was in a dream cause everything seemed to make sense to me which was weird 😐 I pinched my face over and over again until I heard that thump and I just froze up. I seemed really close to my room and I think I froze up in fear because I sleep with my bedroom door open, as do my sisters and my brother. My parents door is kept slightly ajar for when my little brother gets scared or has a bad dream. Anyway I heard the thump and I half jumped and I tried listening for other sounds. I heard the humming of my laptop and I thought I heard very faint voices coming from my brother's TV because he gets easily scared at night and keeps the TV on until my mum or dad come to check on us and switch it off. The hallway light downstairs reflects off the wall next tot he staircase and that light reflects into my a patch off wall in my room. The patch was in line with the door and if someone stood in my doorway when the downstairs light was on then I would see their shadow on the wall. After the thump, I saw a blurry shadow of a person on my wall, which must of meant that they were standing in my doorway. During all of this, my heart was ready to burst out of my chest, but even though I was terrified I didn't move. I don't think I could but I didn't want to move, so I didn't. I just stared at the shadow until it faded away. Oh I should've said before, I am short sighted and have glasses that I keep on the table next to my bed, the shadow was above my bedside table. So after it had faded, I still didn't move for a while until I turned onto my other side. There is another patch of light on my wall near my desk where I thought I saw something creeping along until it mixed in with the other shadows on my walls. After that I fell asleep.
So, onto the check list then

*Awake in the mind & you can think but your are physically paralyzed.
^^^^CHECK.

*Feel a strange presence in the room.
^^^^CHECK

*Hear audible electronic sounds, kind of like retro Nintendo video game sound effects or like AOL dial up sounds.
^^^^CHECK

*Extreme pressure in the head or fast heart rate.
^^^^CHECK

*I get these once in a blue moon, a loud explosion sound or gunshot sound right before you fall to sleep & it wakes you up!
^^^^CHECK
A little information about me so that you won't have to ask. 1.) I have NEVER played with an ouija board, but at times I've very tempted. 2.) I'm only 14 so is that supposed to make me sensitive to these things? Or easier to be controlled by this thing? 3.) I have had little experiences before but none that had me as scared as this one. Oh and something happened today too, but it isn't relevant to your story so I'll just leave that until the site is running again so I can post my experiences. Oh and I could really appreciate if anyone else could give me some advice or some information on this thing! So all comments are welcome:D
Thankyouu and bye:)!x
😁
ParanormalGirl101 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-02)
Great story! Did you ever aak your parent or anybody else about the Man you remember holding and smiling at you? 😁
Thank you for sharing! ❤
timidtim (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
Shadow-witch...Maybe I should get my brain looked at... I do get these headaches that follow at times, shiat now I'm kind of worried...
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-11)
Tim,

I'm sorry for all your trouble. I'm sure what you're experiencing is sleep paralysis.

As for the sound of a gun shot, I know different people experience different things right before they fall asleep. Some people dream they're falling-as I have done many times. And other times, I dream I'm about to be in a car wreck. Thank God I've always woke up right before impact.

But I remember my mother telling me something years ago, and though I don't believe this to be the case with YOU, I just thought I'd mention it...

She said that one night, just as she was about to drift off to sleep, she heard a very loud gunshot sound in her head. Turns out, she had ruptured a blood vessel. (In her brain!)

Like I said, I don't believe this to be the case with you, but I just had to comment on it-because it had reminded me of what my mom experienced.

I hope things have gotten better for you.

Take care and God bless you!
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-20)
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-20)
Someone wrote a story on here called something like Exploding Head Syndrome. That talked about the loud explosion noise you described.
Ush (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
You might want to consider:

- Sleep paralysis
- Anxiety attack
- Tinnitus

Hmmmmm? Dunno...perhaps...not sure... Just a researcher not a doctor so hmmmmm. Interesting.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
timidtim: The name of the story I read is "The Ghost I'll Never Forget", submitted in November last year, under the screen name "Timothy"... 😊 ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
timidtim: The part of your story about your wife's accident is familiar... Did you post that story under a different screen name?...

Sorry to hear about your sister, and I must tell you that sometimes precognative dreams are so wierd that you don't realize that's what they are until the event happens...So, sometimes, there's nothing you can do to prevent the actual occurance...Don't feel bad about it 😊

I don't know what your religious beliefs are, but I suggest you get and wear or keep under your pillow, a symbol of your faith... This may help to keep the sleep "disorders" at bay...

Good luck, and thank you for posting! ❤
jaydeRey (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
Hi tim,
I have also had many of the exact same experiances as you like having those attacks many times in one night. I once had 7 attacks within 2 hours and with those exact same noises that you would hear. Once it even sounded like I was at a ball game and I could hear the crowd cheering but at the same time I was being sufforcated by something. I have also heard many of those same noises you spoke about like electro beep noises and have also heard someone in the room with me. Once the thing attacking me even spoke to me but I couldn't understand it. Many docters say that its just sleep paralysis but I think there's a lot more to it than what they say it really is. I have also had those dreams you had that soon come true in a weird way. Let me know if your still having those attacks. I know how to make them go away and if you need help email me. Take care.
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
I've felt it all, Your not alone. This is a part of you that you cannot take away. Learn to love that part of you. You can actually control it too.
We have abilities.
If you have ears, then we are ment to hear.
If you have eyes, then we are ment to see,
Your feet, to walk/run.
Your brain, to think.
Our spirit has abilities too.
Honestly, learn who you are and you can find peace, you can be yourself, and you can control all your senses.
timidtim (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
Fantastic feedback, I'm really glad I'm not alone with these dark experiences. There was one episode when I felt as if "this thing" was behind me doing something to the back of my head or neck. I usually sleep on my stomach or on my side. Not sure what it was doing but I could feel it & I wanted to swing at it and hit it. I could almost relate this particular episode to an "alien abduction" with the feeling I got when I think about it. The moment I came through (Being able to move again) I threw a couple of punches into nothing.

A disorder of the brain? I don't know about that one? Sensitive, that I can agree on! I've always been that way & always will be until I pass on. I've read on here about people being a "magnet" for the paranormal. I can relate to that because I feel the same way.
Just bothers me that there are people who do in fact pass away in there sleep & 99% of the time when it overtakes me in my sleep it feels as if it is going to kill me as my Wife sleeps peacefully beside me. At times it feels as if my heart is going to explode in my chest when I'm in a state of paralysis.
Well it hasn't got me yet & I will continue to battle this curse of mine. God be with all of you & thank you all for the advice and thoughts. May you & your families stay blessed... Tim
dash303 (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
Well Tim, I myself have experienced "sleep paralysis, and yeap same as you I was really scared, had trouble with breathing, and like someone was on top of me and was choking me, I wanted to shout but couldn't, then same as you I prayed and it was lifted, and ever time it happens to me I always pray, so my suggestion to you is its ok to be afraid but always remember that GOD is way stronger than anything this "dark entity" and when you ask help from GOD he will never let you down.
nobody (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-07)
Do you want me to tell you something about my life? Well any way, when I was just a 7 year old boy, I went to a priest he told me "You have a angel following you. I can tell by your shadow. It has wing". I thought it was nothing at first but when I turned 12, I went to a haunted house, and things out of the ordinary happened. I threw rocks at the house and somebody looked at us. Strange huh. When I went back with my buds I went in it the house and it was the darkest thing I had ever seen. Their were three stories but only two were available to explore the others stairs were broken off and a label said "DO NOT GO UP HERE".Then there was a dark room pure dark, darker then the night itself. I got scared. There were other scarier events that I will write a story about another time. I wish you all hope you can't get rid of a spirit. Cause in the bible it says There are good spirits and bad spirits. I hoped this helped this is nobody signing off.
Kayz666 (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-07)
😕
This really sucks. If I were you, I'd be scared to go to sleep... Maybe theirs something you can do to make it go away>?
Starshine (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-06)
Hi Tim,

I would seriously suggest you seek help from a professional entity remover. (And anyone else who has similar experiences.) You are not imagining these things and it is not a disorder of your brain. I would recommend you to check out the following website: www.spiritentityremoval.com

I have had a few similar experiences although they were not as scary as yours. Please take them seriously, obviously you are quite sensitive to these energies.

I wish you all the best!
TechNinja (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-06)
I have the exact same experiences regarding the night terrors and sleep paralysis. I also have overcome them in the same manner as you, though not necessarily calling out to god.

I simply decide that I'm not letting this happen and that I am stronger mentally, physically and spiritually. Its like giving a good "push" with your entire being as a whole - mind, body and soul.

I still have these encounters, just not as often. Whats more is that, even when there is an initial sense of fear or danger or even just surprise it is short lived because I know what it is or what it may be and that I can overcome it.

Some say these things are just sleep paralysis, but there are great differences as I think I've experienced both independently. Each with its own unique feeling. Some friends who are more spiritually inclined have agreed with me.
timidtim (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
thank you all for the comments and replies. Jeff and I unfortunantly are not as close as we use too be. I blame myself for alienating our strong friendship, I guess I kind of went through a rebellious time during my late teens and started hanging out with the wrong crowd... Sometimes I like to believe my experiences with sleep paralysis are just all inside of my head, it could be. Ones mind is one hell of a powerful thing. For those reading this I can't stress how important that one night I was being taken over when I took authority and mentally cried out to God to save me. I LITERALLY FELT IT FADE OFF OF ME IT WAS AMAZING. I IMMEDIATELY FELT PIECE AND COMFORT AND THE FEAR AND DISCOMFORT WAS GONE... Between the sleep paralysis and the night terrors, oh and the exploding head syndrome I always felt deep down that there was an outside force invading my body and mind tormenting me... Once again thanks all for reading. I will soon post the one of a ghostly deceased Grandfather who communicates through a young family member...
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
this sleep issue, is not going to kill you.
You need not worry about that. Plenty of people suffer from this sort of paralysis... Seeing as it runs in your family, is another reason to suspect it is nothing supernatural... But a common disorder of the brain. At least you are learning what it is, so you can prepare your little ones, should they develop the same sleep problems.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
Hi Tim, I would say that the title you chose for this post was spot on. You definitely have encountered some horrors in your life. I cringed when I read about your poor sister. It is miracle that she survived that. I hope she is doing well. Thank God your wife and child were ok as well. Thank you for sharing these incidents with us. All the best to you and your family. ❤
ghostbeliever (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
I really enjoyed your article. I have experienced some of the things you have. My hubby leaves for work early in the morning, and I usually fall back to sleep and I don't know if I'm dreaming, but I "hear" the door unlock, open and footsteps walking down the hall towards my bedroom. I lie there waiting to hear my hubby's voice say he came back because he forgot something. Of course, no one is ever there. During one instance, I would swear I was sexually (not violently) attacked. I couldn't move.
Thanks again for sharing. It's nice to know I'm not the only one.
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
Tim, your stories are great and very entertaining. You've obviously researched Sleep Paralysis since you mentioned in your story you've found many others suffer from it as well. It is VERY common if you have a bad case to experience sounds and hallucinations. I would go to a doctor, if you haven't already and work towards improving your sleep. Loud bangs can go along with this and it is known as Exploding Head Syndrome. Research and a doctor would be your best bet.
With that aside, it does seem that you have had paranormal encounters throughout your life. Those stories were creepy!
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
Hey Tim,

Excellent story, and written brillently. Thaanks for sharing Tim. I hope to read more from you.

Logan
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
Hi Tim,

I enjoyed reading your account, and I especially liked that bit where you said-sometimes all you need is just a good friend. I totally agree, I am glad you had one when you needed the most. Hope Jeff and you are still very good friends as you seemed to use past tense when you spoke of him.
timidtim (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
thank you faerie for your positive advice & even though it has been one hell of a run I am glad you enjoyed my post. I have a few others that I will post & I'll have to read your accounts of the paranormal. Stay blessed...
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
I really enjoyed reading about your accounts!
I have had instances of "sleep paralysis." I think it might be in one of my stories on here...
It never occured the way it happened to you, though I was perfectly awake and alert when it happened, and it took everything in me to inch my hand up and pinch my hubby's face, because I felt if he woke up, it would stop happening. And it did stop, though it happened occasionally until I moved out of that house. Sometimes I would not only feel the prescences, but see them.
Maybe you need blessed? For whatever it is to leave you alone?
Regardless, I hope all turns out well. I would definitely do something about it soon if I were in your shoes. Especially having children in the house. Dark entities can wreak havoc on family life just to break you down enough to have their way.
Good luck, and I hope I get to read more from you, hopefully in a more positive light. 😉 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: