You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: It Knew My Name

Real Ghost Stories

It Knew My Name

 

I Iive in Henderson Nevada it's about 12 miles from the strip. I was using the bathroom in my master bath. I was the only one home when I heard something whisper my full name Dusin Brown, followed by a sound that sounded like an old school computer turning off or on. I only have one laptop and it was downstairs. I was so freaked out that I went to my friend's house until my boyfriend got home.

The next night I was trying to sleep when I started to itch intensely all over my body. I woke my boyfriend up thinking there was something on the sheets. He said he felt fine but he was just dreaming about someone standing over me. I was trying not to over react so I took a shower and tried to sleep. The next day I called my friend over who is into the super natural stuff. She told me just to ask it to leave and to ignore it. I did but wanted to make sure that it was gone so I used my phone to make sure it didn't respond through EVP. My boyfriend asked "was it you who made Dustin itch last night" and you could easily make out that something said yessss in the same voice that said my name. So I ran to wholefoods to get sage burnt it and said the Lord's Prayer. After that I felt safe.

Later that week I went to gay pride and there were the god people ranting on about gays going to hell. Out of anger I told them that god was not real. After that I had insomnia for 4 days I don't know if it's connected but I never had problems sleeping before. My cat was also acting really weird like it looked really evil. My cat is the sweetest cat and is always mauling me for attention but when this started he just stayed in one of the spare bedrooms walking around also don't know if that was connected to it just thought it was weird.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zonnielove, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
zonnielove,
Your friend gave you very good advice, try and say it out loud that the spirit is not welcome in your house, and of course the sage as I understand is suppose to be a great idea.
On the cat thing though - I think that our pets behavior always is a reflection of our own mental state. They imitate our behavior for instance they are social to people that we are social with (friends,family) and then they are impersonal to the ones that we are impersonal (acquaintances). They even react to people's fear, they can sense it and use it to their advantage, which is natural considering they are animals. Your cat may have been feeding on your worries with everything that is happening. Just my thoughts.
zonnielove (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
I actully have no idea who or what it could be. The house is brand-new so I don't think it could be haunted. I haven't had anymore expirences after all that. Reenerspring I completely agree! I think I had a relationship with god when I was wayy younger and that he gave me my morality trough my feelings and being gay does not make me feel like I'm doing anything bad. Zzsgranny I'm just glad it's gone so I'm not really interested in pissing it off haha. I have the evp if anyones interested in hearing it email me at browndustin1991yahoo.com
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
zonnielove: Hi firstly what I believe is something was after your attention, now I believe that by conducting the EVP it has succefully got it, so naturally I would have suspected more occurences to happen. I hope the Sage has helped you rid this entity, do you have any idea why this may have occured in the first place?
Im going to also agree with the Ladys about the cats ability to sense and perceive things paranormal. All the best to you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
reneespring (148 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
I think a part of you does believe in God, that is why you used the Lord's Prayer. I myself am not Christian (I once was), so I am def not preaching to you. I think those that told you you were going to hell shook you up... Please realize, you can believe in God without beleiving everything in the bible or koran or bhagavad gita. God lives inside you. Have courage and believe in yourself and your prayers.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
Hi there, I am going to agree with the other ladies who posted before me 😊 I was going to say the same as BJJ regarding your insomnia. I would also like to add that if there is something in your house your feelings and emotions could be feeding it the energy it needs. If the sage and prayers are making you feel better than like zzsgranny suggested invest in the real stuff and make it like a once a month ritual, have your partner particiapte as well. Showing a united front against whatever this is will prove better results. 😉 ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
zonnielove: Couldn't help it, I looked it up myself!...There's one on Eastern, probably at Trop, or maybe Warm Springs, or Russell?...LOL Does that help? 😆
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
zonnielove: Hi! I live in Las Vegas 😊...Have you ever heard of the Psychic Eye bookstore?...There's one on Charleston/Rainbow, I think, but just google it and find one closer to you maybe... They have all kinds of cool stuff...You'll find REAL sage for cleansing, and great advice about how to do it!...

Keep me posted ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
Cats are very sensitive to the other side, yours may have been picking up on whatever was in your home. Cats are also masters of the evil look. Even the sweetest cats can look scary when they want to lol.
It's good that burning sage and saying the Lords Prayer helped you to feel safe. So long as nothing else has occurred, don't worry about it.
Insomnia happens to everyone at some point. It isn't necessarily a result of paranormal influence. Stress, anger, and sadness can cause insomnia. This did happen after a bunch of strangers said some ignorant things. That sort of thing would bother anyone.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: