You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Little Girl Who Lives In Our House

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Girl Who Lives In Our House

 

we have always had strange things happen in our house, kettles turning themselves on, things falling off shelves and what not but after a while you just think to yourself 'oh it's an electrical fault' or 'maybe the wind did it' even though the windows are closed.

I knew something weird was going on in the house when I came back from school about 4 years ago. I walked upstairs to go get changed but when I got to the top of the stairs I saw the attic door was open (the kind you have to push up so it couldn't have been the wind) it was pushed open and moved to the side a bit. I panicked and called my friend round then phoned my mum. She couldn't give me an explanation. I was the last person out the house that morning as I was every morning, and the first one back. I was terrified. I quickly got changed and went out to my friends. When I got back I was met with the same excuses 'it was the wind' blah blah blah... My step dad doesn't like to admit it but he believes in spirits, we had to keep it all hush hush though because we didn't want to scare my little sister. I had a few nearly sleepless nights after that but nothing else happened so I tried to forget about it. The really strange things happened when I had my son.

It was about a year later, my son was fast asleep in his crib. I climbed into bed, said goodnight to my baby (he was a few weeks old) and tucked myself in to bed. As I shut my eyes I heard this voice, a little girl's voice, saying 'goodnight baby'. I sat up right away, no one was there. I looked at my son, he was still fast off. I lay back down staring at the door for a while. 'What the hell just happened?!' I told my mum in the morning (I still lived with her) she was a bit freaked out. Nights passed and nothing happened until a few weeks later. My little sister came running down the stairs crying in fear. Me and my mum calmed her down enough for her to tell us what happened. 'My guitar was playing by itself'. My mum had to take the guitar out of her room before she would go back to sleep. Since then not a lot has happened.

I went to go meet my sister from school about 10 months ago and I heard a crash in my sisters room (my old room) I checked when we got back and it was a bottle of perfume that was in near enough the middle of her bedside table before. We all know what's going on in the house; it just doesn't bother us as much now. It been happening for so long and it just seems like whoever it is wants attention, wants to be known.

Other hauntings by Zara-Hx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zara-Hx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-04)
gosh! I just realized this is from 2010! My bad zara lol... I thought I was reading the 'new' stories but I must have clicked yours on 'random'...sorry!
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
ZARA: perhaps try burning some sage and pray to God to send this entity to the light. Good or not, it's always best to send them to the light, for it is the best place to be.
Earth bound spirits could be trapped and may need help sometimes. If it hasn't harmed anyone or done anything to intentionally scare anyone then try the sage thing, if it is getting crazy then I suggest ROOK'S cleansing method. And also just praying before bed and when you wake up, I find this helps.

God bless- NotJustMe
creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-03)
Lets put this straight. You need to give the ghost attention. It wants attention. It CRAVES attention. How old do you estimate is the age of the small girl that seems to be haunting your bode.
Zara-Hx (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Dan- I'm not sure why these things happen here, they have happened for years. I don't no any history about the land. Be a good thing to try and find out though. Oh and you could be right about the attic.

Rob- I may have accepted the ghost 4 now but I am wery about it, like you said some of them pretend to be good. I try to ignor when things happen now.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
It could be a nasty spirit but it seems as though it is the spirit of a child fascinated with the new addition to the family and wants to be acknowledged. I have had the exact same thing happen to me regarding the attic door but I put it down to the wind outside causing a vacuum within the attic thus sucking up the attic door and moving it slightly. Do you have any idea why these things are happening? Land, home history etc.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
robertar (223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
there are many reports of nasty spirits pretending to be harmless (often children) to gain sympathy, to be allowed to stay. And from what you have said, your family has become content to let "it" stay.

Please be careful

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: