You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spirit Around My House

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit Around My House

 

I will begin by apologizing for my poor English. I'm a French Canadian. I've read and left comments on many stories on this site. I've watched a lot about the paranormal programs looking for an answer to what is happening in my small house in Belle chasse, Quebec, Canada.

I have lived in this house for 5 years. We are now in 2010 and many small things have happened but I was always looking for others explanations and this past weekend confirmed to me that something paranormal is going on around here.

Let's begin by the story of this place. In the early years when I moved the building next to my house was an Underground Bar which closed and was refurbished into a little house. The neighbor on the side is now in hospital for paranoid schizophrenia. I don't know if it's important to say this but, I want you all to know what kind of mood there.

Recently I have been seeing shadows moving quickly in the living room when it gets dark. I often hear a female voice calling my name, feels like she is asking me something. Other times it's an "alllooooo". One time, in the middle of the night, she dropped on the floor a heavy candle holder that was on the top on the wood stove (where my cats can't go because of the heat), anyway the 2 cats where with us.

This weekend now around 10:00am I was working on my snowmobile. My dog started barking so I stopped working and stood up to see why my dog was barking at me. Then something, about the size of a bird, touched my shoulder, it actually felt like someone poked me while running, and then disappeared. The dog saw it too.

Now, I know that there is something, next is to ask some questions with a recorder!

Have a good day!

Dalton

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dalton1976, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
I would check into the history of the home and property. Be careful with the EVP recordings and not let it get out of hand. Before you get started doing those sessions, I would bless the house and bless yourself and ask the Lord to protect you and surround you with the white light of the holy spirit. Be really careful please. I sure hope you can get to the bottom of this though because I know it is probably getting pretty anoying! Talk to it and let it know that this is your home and you will not tolerate anything tormenting you and your animals because those animals are family and you don't want any harm to come to them and you don't like the fact that they are being frightened on a daily basis. Be stern, stand your ground, but be careful!
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
You know what?
You may not even have to look into the history of your home. It would be a plus, but you MAY be dealing with someone from the Underground Bar. In that the last known resident is in a locked mind, I should think that might have SOMETHING to do with it. How long ago did the neighbor become hospitalised?
Technically, someone does not HAVE to die in a home for the home to have activity.
I am more thinking this MIGHT be connected to that Public Bar, though.
Thank you! If you DO investigate, I would be interested in your findings!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
Hi Dalton, it may have something to do with you being spiritually open minded and spirits picking up on this, could be a wandering spirit or it could be something that is connected to the old underground bar? Did anything bad ever happen down there? Many things to consider and find out on this one. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for your story.

Dan
dalton1976 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
The house was builded in 1969. Nobody has died inside. The son of the family who builded it, live in the house/old underground bar, right across the street. Note that the streets here are private and was own by a guy name "Carrier" and when he died, nobody wanted to take back the property of thoses streets. I don't know why, but I'm sure it's only cash story, not ghost one. I forgot to say that last year, my tv liked to change chanel by himself (2 times)!
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
Hey Dalton,

You should definitely start by checking the history of the house itself. Since you have not only had these experiences inside the house but also outside (the snowmobile incident) it might be worth looking up the history of the place and surroundings.

I don't know how much these will help but atleast then you will know if it's just your house or the whole neighbourhood.

Logan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: