You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Dad's Ouija

Real Ghost Stories

Dad's Ouija

 

My step-dad, who I call dad, loves to tell this story. This took place right after he married his second wife, my step-sister's mother, my mom is third wife. He also has a son (my step-brother, with his first wife. Confusing, I know).

My Dad had an Ouija Board, I'm not sure when he came to own it or how he came across it, he never told us that part. But it told him that he would be married three times and have four kids, two biological and two non-biological, and that he would come into a large sum of money one day. All but the last one have happened. I don't think he knew the spirit he was talking to, if he did, he never mentioned it to us and he has told this story many times.

After my dad's first divorce, he still had the Ouija, and it really scared his second wife. They were moving and dad's plan was to leave it in a locked cabinet above the kitchen sink. You had to climb onto a ladder to get to this cabinet. Before they left the house, the last thing my dad did was climb on the ladder, put the Ouija in the cabinet and lock it. He locked the house and drove away, thinking he would never see the board again. The house they were moving to wasn't very far away and he had built it himself, so there were no previous owners. He and his second wife unlocked the door to their new home and sitting on the floor in the middle of the living room was the Ouija. Needless to say, his second wife wanted the board gone immediately and she was even more afraid of it now than she had been.

Dad said he gave it away after this happened, but my step sister always recalls my step brother and his friend's playing with it years later. If Dad did give it away it must have returned again. Dad always told all four of us kids never to play with Ouija boards; I think his experience really bothered him - although he still gets the urge to buy lottery tickets once in a while.

Other hauntings by shamby

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shamby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
It traveled on its own for sure! There was no question about that. Now I don;t know for sure if it was the same board my step-brother played with. But I'm sure he wouldn't have been able to go out and buy one as he was really young at the time, maybe 10 or so. And his mother and my stepsister's mother both were terrified of the things. But there is no way for me to find out as I'm unfortunately not in speaking terms with either of them.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
I saw your new story and just came back to refresh my memory on your experiences. I don't know if you would be reading this comment or not but here it is. First of all, I remember reading this story a while back but forgot to comment. I never heard of an Ouija Board travelling on its own. I was going to say that someone might have left the board there before leaving but then you mentioned that your step dad build the house from the ground up. If you step dad got rid of it a second time, I think your half brother could have purchased a second board. Don't know.
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
Shedead,

Oh the joy of confusing families! Thank you so much for reading my stories! They aren't super exciting, but they're real. I don't know what every became of the board after it followed dad. He says his 2nd wife gave it away, but my sister tells me that my older brother used to play with it when he and his friends were young. Who knows! I'm just glad it didn't show up in MY house!

Thanks so much,
Shamby
Shadead (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-08)
Shamby,

Great story I like reading your writings, and I get the whole confusing family deal I know one myself and its a bit of a brain killer. Anyhow the moving of the board is due to its connection to your father, same happened to me with a make shift board the spirit hounded me for ages and the board turned up in weird locations. Very not cool.: (

Yeah as a point you don't burn the board as stated it releases the bad spirits and good if you've got em. There is process to getting rid of a board. The best is to break or cut into 7 pieces then to get either consercrated ground or holy water and bury the board. You may also want to bury it after blessing the earth and bury with salt. The sult purifies and cleanses the ground around the board trapping in any bad things.

Hope this helps,
~Shadead
seeing_things11 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
Ouiji boards give me the creeps... I hope no one I know will ever get one
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-13)
lostsoul: good idea giving it away. It was probably a spirit just messing with you but its in your best interest to get rid of it
lostsoul (10 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
im never going to play with a ouija board evfer again 😐 wich means I going to give it away
lostsoul (10 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
i played with thoes once and I asked when I was going to die and it said as you wish now I'm scared HELP! 😭
jjinca (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Wow, Shamby, what an interesting story! It did freak me out a bit, though. 😨 I used a Ouija board with a friend once, and believe me when I tell you, that thing had a mind of it's own. I have never used one since.
PlaydoughMaster (8 stories) (38 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Well he's right. The board isn't something you play with, but with the right instructions it can be. I'm a professional with the ouijaboard so if you or anyone have any questions or anything like that to ask, then contact me at ouijacondom [at] hotmail.com
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
Oh, this is great. Thank you for sharing this.
I had a friend in California who had a few Boards of different varieties. Before that time, I had no idea that they were printed in different languages (I was very new to the Board on the whole). My interest was cosmetic. Meaning, I was interested in the manufacturers, those that "created" spin off boards, the different pictures on them, that kind of thing.
When he got rid of the board he used most often, he was ticked at it and tossed it into the dumpster. He KNEW his board. Trash truck came and went, my friend took a bag to the dumpster, and what should he find sitting propped up against the dumpster but his board.
He then gave it to a friend. Told him he had others, and that THIS one was "no good" to him anymore. A few days later, the board was found, by the friend who the board was given to, in the home of my first friend. The first friend had not been to HIS friends home since the gifting, and vise-versa.
The mind of the Board, I guess.
Thank you.
Theif47 (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
Never burn or use an ouija board it may release bad spirits and will lock them into our world
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
uuh freaky!. But wow teleporting Ouija... I would've burned it that thing and burry the ashes as far from me as possible after that lol. But then again curiosity always kills the cat,I've always been tempted to play, though I know better... I don't need anything else to attracking negative things to me.
The occult though facinating is like a double edge sword.

Anyways Thanks for sharing! Be sure to post if your Dad ever gets his last premonition. Hooray Lol

Godbless. 😊
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
Thanks guys! I do think my dad is sensitive, but I don't think he realizes it. I will put more stories up about him later on. Every time I'm tempted to use an Ouija, I just remember this story, get freaked out and never do it!

Guy-
I don't know how it moved itself from one house to the other out of a locked cabinet. Neither does dad, and he's told this story for over 18 years now.
guyanesepwincessxoxo (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
Hello shamby,

That is a very scary story, but very interesting! I have never played with an ouija board in my life, and don't intend on doing so. I wonder how the board itself moved from the old house to the new house...Weird! I guess the board itself is just haunted.

Oh and one last thing... Never Use A Ouija Board!

Thanks for the nice story 😊 xxx

Vedana
snowhite (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
Well, just post another story when your dad wins the lottery.

I still don't think it is right to play with that ouiji board.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
Hey shamby,

Thasnk for sharing, and nice story. Who knows he might still win that money anyday now... Lets be positive.

Be prepared, there will be many who will tell you 'Never use a Ouija board'!:)

Logan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: