You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Little Boy That Roams Leguan

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Boy That Roams Leguan

 

I am about to tell you a scary experience that my Dad experienced. It happened when my Dad was just 17 years old, in Leguan A very small island of Guyana. Let me tell you a little about Leguan, as it is very small it is divided into two bits. Back part and front part. Front part is at the front of the island where the ferries and boats transfer people from Georgetown (capital city of Guyana) to Leguan. And back part is all the way at the back of the island where all the farms are and a few houses. Then there is long road, which is, I must say, a VERY long road (hence the name, LOL!), with just farms surrounding it. It is VERY scary at night!

Anyways, let's get back to the story. Late one Saturday night my Dad and a group of his friends went to the cinema to watch a movie at front part, and his friends said that they would stay to watch another movie, but my Dad had to go home and do some homework. So he hopped onto his bike, and long road was the only route he could take to get home the fastest. He never liked to go down long road during the night, but since it was moonlight and it was not pretty dark he didn't mind.

So he pedaled down the long road by himself, and since it was way past midnight there was nobody to be seen. As he was halfway across his journey he saw a farm where a young boy at the age of 10 died. He died because whilst his Dad was in the barn he turned the tractor on, and it went down the hill so fast that it crushed the poor boy into pieces, this happened when my dad was just 10 years old too. It is said that the ghost of the little boy still roams Leguan as any little boy. My Dad looked at it and a shiver went down his spine.

It took about twenty minutes to get home and straight after he finished his homework, he went to bed in the front room. Just as he was about to shut his eyes he felt a very light weight sitting on his bed, annoyed he got up to see if it was the cat...BUT...It was the little boy! He had on a short brown trousers and a white vest, and his hair was neatly gelled to the side. He stared at my Dad for a minute, but it seemed like forever my dad said. My Dad screamed, and his parents and all of his siblings ran into the room and he told them his story, but none of them believed his story apart from his sister who believed in the paranormal. So he slept in fear with his light on.

The next day, his friend invited him to go to the cinemas again that night, so before my Dad could think he said 'yes'. After the movie (which again was way past midnight) his friend stayed behind to watch another movie, but my Dad had to go home as he was feeling very tired. So down the long road again, but it was moonlight so he was not that scared. He passed the home of the little ghost boy, and again he got this shiver down his spine. He felt as if he was being followed but every time he looked behind him, no-one was there.

But eventually he got home, but this time he slept in the room at the back, as his brother was sleeping in the other bed. Just as he was about to sleep he felt a light weight on the bed as if someone or something was sitting there... He knew what it was, but he did not want to look, so he hid under the covers for about half an hour, and still feeling the weight at the end of his bed he decided to look. And there was the little boy sitting there, the same way he was the night before! But at that minute the boy just stared at him and disappeared into thin air! My Dad did not bother to scream as his family would not believe him.

The next day at school he told his best mate, and his mate froze in terror... He said that he saw the very same boy playing outside his house but when he realized my dad's mate was staring at him he disappeared into thin air. Many people in Leguan has seen this boy at some point that week, as it was the same week when he died and was his funeral. He went to visit the little boy's parents straight after school and they showed him a picture of the little boy in his coffin, wearing the EXACT clothes my dad saw him in that night! Of course my Dad was scared but he felt very sorry for the little boy's parents as he was their only son, who they loved and adored very much. My Dad told them the two experiences he had with the little boy and the parents said they had many experiences with him too. Especially that week.

We think that the little boy is just a lost soul wondering his old home and his old friends. My Dad to this day will never forget that story; he also had an experience with a demon which I will be posting on here very soon.

Please believe this story, as we are unsure of what my Dad experienced.

Thank You

Xxx

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, guyanesepwincessxoxo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-30)
The small boy probably missed his friends and sought out your dad and his mate as friends. Maybe he wanted to become their friend but due to some reason was unable to communicate properly. Also the poor small boy must have not understood that he died because when he met with that terrible accident and died he was still a small kid of 10years. May his soul rest in peace and may God take him in his care just like his parents would have if he were alive.
Rashidah (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-19)
It is always nice to read about neighboring countries to Trinidad and Tobago.

One of my teachers is from Guyana.
guyanesepwincessxoxo (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-19)
Midnight_Mist, thank you very very much, it means a lot to me! And my dad!
Midnight_Mist (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-19)
i feel sorry for the boy my heart goes out for him and his parents that must have been hard for them maybe one day he can be put to rest
Love Midnight_Mist ❤
ammoo (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
whew it scared me... I feel so sorry for that boy... I think the boy misses his/her playmate.😢
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
that was a scary one. I pity the boy. Have the parents asked help so that the boy will move on to the light? I think the boy means no harm.

cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
It is really sad what happened to that little boy. I think his spirit was still around because he didn't want to leave his parents or his home. Thank you for sharing your Dad's experience. 😊
brenttan (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
I definitely believe your story, friend. This is very definitely something that has happened to many people. Thanks for sharing the story.
guyanesepwincessxoxo (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
Thank You All For Believing My Story (Well My Dad's Actually!).
Mini, Legaun Is In Guyana And Could You Please Ask Your Neighbour What Country Your Neighbour Comes From? Thank You xxx
Mini (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
I believe your story, and my neighbor is native to your country as well. I'll ask her soon if she knows about Leguan and if she's familiar of that story.
rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
Thank you for posting this story and let your dad know that there are many people here who believe his story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: