You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: A Ghost In The Night

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost In The Night

 

Here's a little background -I moved into my apartment in Hoboken, NJ about 5 years ago. It's a one bedroom on the first floor of brownstone, it's a pre-war building. About a year after moving in I noticed something strange at night. First time it happened, I was asleep in my bed but woke up because it felt like somebody had sat on my bed - the bed literally moved. I live alone.

I would wake up and look at the alarm clock - 330am. I looked around the room - nobody. I checked the living room, bathroom, and kitchen - nothing. This happened on and off for a couple months then stopped for a year. Then it started happening again about a year after that, only when it happened again it felt as though somebody was pushing on my legs. Again, I'd wake up, it would be 330am and do the routine check - nothing. This continued to happen until last year when things took a turn for the worse. Whatever it is that's doing this is apparently not happy because it started shaking me in my bed. I felt like I was having some sort of seizure as I would wake up while my body convulsed up and down. It was terrifying. It happened four times then stopped until last night.

I was soundly asleep when I felt the bed move. I thought to myself "oh no not again" but this time not only did the bed move but it became very cold and my ears starting ringing. I began to pray to God for it to stop but it did not stop. My blanket started to move. I screamed "STOP" and it did but then a minute went by and it started again and again I screamed "STOP" and began to make the sign of the Cross. I prayed the Lord's Prayer until whatever it is went away.

Now I know that this may sound insane but believe me when I tell you with a 100% certainty that this happened. I work in finance and there is no way that anyone at my office would believe me. I told my mom and she told me to go around my bed with salt. I told a friend of mine and said that with all the fires that happened in Hoboken in the early 1900s that she's not surprised I have a ghost.

I don't know what this ghost wants but I will tell you that I do not believe it's friendly; it's trying to scare me. I don't know what to do about it; I'm certainly not going to move as I like my apartment and its location. I just hope that whatever it is goes away. I didn't think that ghosts can harm you but now I'm not so sure.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, courtlw, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TooXic44 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-06)
I have had the same experiens. Ones I woke up because some one kicked my bed. I thought it was my dad waking me up but it was still dark out side. I tried to ipen my eyes but managed to open them a bit. Then I saw this dark thing standing in the otherside of the room. I tried to move my self but nothing happened. I tried to scream and yell but nothing happend. Then suddenly I managed to sit up and the thing dissapeard. After that I have woke up because someone walked in my room. But no one was awake and nothing in my room.
deejayy53 (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Im very glad to hear that your not going to let this thing chase you out of your own home! Let it knows whos boss and don't let it control you! Good luck!
NewJerseyRuggieroParanormal (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
I was very interested in your post. We are a family based paranormal group based in central NJ. If you're interested we could come in and attempt to validate your claims?
We are very respectful and courteous. We would make ourselves available at time/date that was convenient for you.
We take what we do very seriously, we would offer you evidence in form of video/audio to validate your claims. Whatever we find would remain confidential unless you agree to let us post it on our website.
If you are interested in discussing this further or if you have any questions please contact us through the website.
Www.newjerseyruggieroparanormalgroup.com

Thanks and take care
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Brave Girl/Boy!
Keep us posted on how you are coping, and stay strong.
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
Hi there courtlw,

Sounds like you have a rather troublesome spirit on your hands If I may make a suggestion sage and wild roses may be just the ticket to rid yourself of this supernatural menace Burning sage throughout the house will purify it and for whatever reason in my experience wild roses repel dark entities so keeping a vase or two of them in the house couldn't hurt. I hope everything works out, if you are seeking help or just looking for ideas to get rid of your tormentor, I recommend contacting either myself or my associates at the Ouroboros Exorcism Society. You may contact me by the email on my profile and I will give you the link to the organizations page on this site it has our contact information and we would be only too happy to help. Http://www.yourghoststories.com/organizations/ghost-hunters.php?group=535 please don't hesitate to contact us even for just a consultation helping the living and the dead is what the Society is all about. Good luck and may the gods watch over you

Your friend,
The Puppeteer
djeter2 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
Your friend said with all the fires in hoboken in the early 1900's she's not surprised that you have a ghost. Could it be that this person died in a fire and is re-enacting that moment from a previous fire by trying to wake you? Check the history of that building and see if there was a fireand if any body passed. Never hurts to ask. Good luck and god bless.
courtlw (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
Thanks everyone for the ideas. I will not be chased out of my house by whatever this thing is. I will keep you posted! 😊
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
hi thankyou for your story, get the house blessed by a priest, we had 3 ghost we had our house blessed and I am sure that they have moved on. Cheers di.
StMikal (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
I also totally agree with Logan. Some times these things can follow you anyway so you moving will kind of show a sign of weakness. That is your home now and you have to be firm and strong. Make sure that you do not provoke this thing because you don't want things to become violent. I hope everything works out for you. Keep us posted. Take care
AloveB85 (2 stories) (31 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
I agree with what Logan had suggested. Be firm, and tell it it is not welcome in your home and to leave. Keep a bible close by.
TessaGonzalez (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
Courtlw-
Thanks for sharing your experiences. There are a lot of very knowledgable folks on this site and I'm sure they'll give you great advice. I think I'd start with a cleansing using sage, sea salt and prayer. Good luck & be safe.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
Hey courtlw,

I am 100% with you on not moving! I appreciate that you feel strongly about that, ofcourse you should not be moving. I would suggest the next time this happens you tell it to STOP once and for all and that its not welcome in the house if it wants to create trouble. Lets be firm and ask it to leave. I am not sure if this will work but try it. Get a priest to bless your house maybe...

Logan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: