You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Another Twisted 2am

Real Ghost Stories

Another Twisted 2am

 

This one took place about a week ago. For the past month or so, I've been getting a lot of calls from the default phone number 000-000-000, which, as you should know, is not used by anybody. These calls always come in between two and three thirty in the morning. At first, I thought it was because my phone was new; that it was still adjusting and had a problem with the alarms or something. Simple explanations like that. I had my father check it out, but he saw nothing wrong with it, leaving me to have to deal with this number constantly calling me. Funny thing is, when my last phone bill came in, it wasn't listed. It was as if it had never called.

My father, who had witnessed several of these calls, was baffled. He told me to just put up with it. Even when it is out of power, or on silent mode, it will still go off at those specific times, full volume. Feeling brave but being stupid, I decided to answer it a week prior to the event I am about to share. I just picked up my phone. I didn't say anything. I just listened, and what came out was a lot of static, crackling, and what sounded like a lot of whispers. I could only barely make out a bit of what was being said. It sounded like: "H-heh...llll...huuurrrai". Like a low growl, or the words "hey", "Hailey", "hell", or something else, like in a different language. It hung up afterwards. I was a little scared, but I was and still am confused more than anything.

So, fast forward to a week later, the day the bigger event happened. I was almost asleep, and my brother was out in the living room playing videogames. I started feeling really angry and wide awake all of a sudden, for no reason. I wanted to get out of bed; I remember that was the one thought I had. Then, from out of nowhere, I heard a loud, static boom, and my brother cry out in shock. The lights from the living room, which I can see through my bedroom "hallway", were no longer visible. Then, I heard my brother run to my room to see if I was okay. I remember feeling extremely exhausted, and I asked him what had happened. He said while he was playing Halo Reach, he heard something walk into our bathroom. He said he glanced up, thinking it was me, but saw nothing but a shadow. When he went over to check it out, he saw nothing there. He went back to continue playing. All of a sudden, he hears this low scream, like from a cat or something. Then, the power went out, which I guess explains that loud electrical noise I heard. He immediately ran in to see if I was alright, and for the most part, I was. I was just really shaken by what had just happened. While we were talking, my phone was called yet again by 000-000-000. Then, the power came back on. It was exactly 3:01 in the morning.

At breakfast the next day, we told our parents about it, and they were shocked as well. This stuff never happens to my brother, and now it did. They asked around the apartment building if anyone else's power went out. Nobody else had that happen to them. This was really rather frightening, because my parents never really bother with these kinds of things.

So, that's my story for now. Could somebody help give me an explanation for the calls? I'm guessing what happened may have been linked to them, but I don't know. Anyways, thanks for listening, and I hope to be able to post again soon.

Other hauntings by WinterFire

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WinterFire, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-16)
The Zero phone number on the caller I.D. Is a result of certain companies that allow a person to make a phone call to a target victim and leave behind ANY phone number they choose to have display on the victim's Caller I.D. Display. For instance: http://www.fakecaller.com/

You're the victim of a prankster- not a ghostie.
WinterFire (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
redphx: Ugh... Even though deep down I know it is, I sometimes wish it wasn't. Know what I mean? But, yes, I have another story which will probably posted on Monday. I have my doubts about what happened during that story, but others have said that it was paranormal as well. If you'd like, feel free to give your opinion, too, when I post it. 😊
WinterFire (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
Thanks, Trix! Was it like a problem with the phone itself, or the company? I'm interested to know! 😊
WinterFire (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
[at] BearsEatBeets I tried it once, and a lot of people were saying that it's what they call a "dead number", or the "spirit number". Apparently, the times the calls were made and the number they were called with are linked to spirits trying to communicate with the living, according to these people. Then, some others were saying that it's either a prank number or an error with the phone company itself. Something like that. Anyways, thank you for the advice!
WinterFire (2 stories) (20 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
[at] zzsgranny Yep... PLENTY of shadows and mists. Usually, they tend to stick around my mirror, or near the entrance of our apartment, like where the door and hallway meet. Sometimes in the bathroom mirror, but not nearly as much as the other places I listed. It does get rather spooky at times! 😭 But, yes, I do have more to write which I will post soon, and thanks a bunch for the advice and suggestions you've given so far! 😁
WinterFire (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
[at] Ush Yeah, that does seem possible. Thank you, by the way. 😁 I tried ignoring it last night, and it kind of worked...anyways, yeah! Thanks!
WinterFire (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
[at] lankyloo98 WHOAH. That is pretty weird! And it always happened at what they call "Dead Time", right? Thank you, by the way. 😁
lankyloo98 (7 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
Hi I had something very similiar but it was from my upstairs bedroom phone calling random people at all hours. I would get people complaining that I was calling them in the early hours and not saying anything! I checked with the phone company and these calls actually appeared on my bill even when we had not been in the house. It was very spooky!
Ush (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
I'm reading way too many stories in one night, enough to screw with my head LOL - oh my, your story is the last one for tonight 0-0 hope you are safe from harm, really do.

I tend to see it differently, but respectfully I wasn't there so it's just guesses in the end. It's perhaps just an two accumulated factors: technical malfunctions and mind tricks setting off simultaneously.

A) Mind tricks perhaps due to maybe waking up from your sleep too early - being between concious and unconsciousness state, plus lack of sleep. B) Stress in late nights or early mornings sometimes does the wonder trick to mind which impacts your visual sense. C) Your brother playing games can also be something that impacted his senses, some studies show that playing games at nights have done pretty messed up stuff to young mind's visual sense - especially if they have been playing for a long time (sometimes losing sense of time gives a nudge too).

Maybe they 'are' just incidents accidently triggered by some fault and lack of rest, both very strong combination to make anyone witness a eerie experience, enough to freak you out? If it helps you to feel less scared and more calm, just think of it that way^^.

However, that's my opinion and absolutely understand that your experience is far more intense than reading about it, so I can't possibly know the extent of which these incidents shook you.

Wish you well and hope it all resolves peacfully for you and your family.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
ummm but the phone would ring when it had not power... That is not a 'person' calling. And when the phone was on vibrate it would ring loud.

I say that is paranormal
BearsEatBeets (5 stories) (17 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Thanks Granny and Jay for that information. I never knew that. I guess the only other thing you can do Winter is just google that number and see what people say about it.
ParanormalActivity (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
😕 well to me the phone number was probaly a prank caller or somfin but I wouldn't worry hush hush for now and see how everything goes
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Hi WinterFire, I received a view calls on my cell from my own number...lol. It just shows you how mixed up it can get with phone networks. Thanks for sharing. Take care, Trix ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
WinterFire: Well, that's just the phone number part 😆...The way your apartment was the only one that lost power is pretty freaky stuff!...I can totally understand how you could be tempted to link it with the phone calls!...Do you ever see shadows, or mists, or hear thumps or knocks?...I'm really interested in your story... Sometimes our experiences aren't spectacular, but they're always pretty cool, and great to read about... Hope you have more to write ❤
WinterFire (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
Thank you all for your help, it's really a relief! This whole situation had me freaked out, and I'm always glad to get another opinion. 😁
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
I have to agree with zzsgranny. There is nothing paranormal about this. When you start talking about phone calls, the phone lines get crossed up and also this phone number you're talking about has called me so many times, I can't even began to count. Please remember also that you also have people out there running scams on people from other countries and they are using phone numbers like these and other's to make themselves look as though they are calling from the states. These people do a lot of test calling before the real calls start, because they have to make sure the calls sound as though they are coming from the US and not from other places. When it comes to phones, appliances, clocks, lights and stuff like that, you really have to rule out malfunctions and human error, before calling it paranormal.
Thank you for sharing!
anne_k92 (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
that was interesting experience you have there... I think its from the neither world... Something not from our world might tried to make contact with us with technologies. Its not impossible is it? My teach once told me he receive a strange call from a weird number at 2-3am in the morning. Being a religious person he never pick up the call and it automatically stopped after couple of days. So I suggest you do the same. Never tried to answer it if your phone rang at certain time, especially in the early morning as if you're inviting or opening the portal that connect two realms. Be safe, okay? And please keep us posted. God bless... Anne.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
WinterFire: The number you're talking about is what is called a "SPOOF" number, used by several different real live entities, like the phone company, political campaigns, credit bureaus, credit card companies, etc... Nothing paranormal at all... The fact that it's ringing your phone at that time may be that this call is originating in a foreign country... Most of these calls are sent via a computer, and only occasionally are you able to talk to anyone, as they will talk to the first person to answer that particular call... Just google the number... These calls bothered me for a long too, but I'm a registered voter, ssoooo

As far as your other experiences, well that's some stuff, right there! 😆...I wouldn't connect in any way to the phone calls though... ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: