You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: While Driving Her Home

Real Ghost Stories

While Driving Her Home

 

It was about two year ago that this happened, well these two things happened.

My auntie lives in Ohio now and has pretty much lived between Ohio and Indiana for the pass 10 or so years. However about three years ago she moved back to Wisconsin, she quickly found a boyfriend and moved into his house by a local lake. Most nights she would stay by my grandparents' house until late at night than drive home, but after a while she didn't have her license for some reason so I would usually have to drive her home at night if I happened to be by my grandparents' house since I was driving home as well. It was sort of going out of my way to drive her to where I lived because to get to her house we had to drive through the country as opposed to the two lane highway I would usually take straight into town.

One night that I was driving her home we were driving in the country, (it's sort of hard to explain the road and what not). We passed two farmhouses that are on this road when suddenly there was a yell, we both sort of looked at each other and I looked in my side mirror, nothing was there. It was late at night I should state, like possibly 10-11pm. We sort of laughed and thought it was someone from one of the farms but at this point they were sort of maybe a 1/3 mile back. We heard another yell again and she turned the radio down than she was like "Oh my god!" I asked her what her problem was and she seemed to grow panicky and was like "someone is running at the side of the car." I didn't know what to do, stop or keep going?

She told me to go, and so I did. She was breathing kind of erratic and said something about how he (the person running by the car) looked like he wasn't from the present. She went on to describe what he looked like, (he had long dark hair and seemed to be holding something from what she saw.) We just continued to drive but at this point I was sort of shaking from fright because the road only gets darker and more unpopulated the further it goes.

We even sort of laughed about how it was like deja vu or something because the same thing happened to us, well sort of, with the woman by the car several years before.

Another thing to happen was when I was driving alone; I had dropped my aunt off at home and had to drive back to my grandparents. As luck would have it I didn't have enough gas to drive around the lake and go to the highway so I had to take the country road (I really didn't like to drive this road at night.) I turned the radio up and just tried to focus on the road and try not to let my mind wander. The road from when you first entered by my aunt's house was pretty empty, there were maybe 5 houses when you first went in but after that it was just dark because there were no street lights, it also didn't help that this part was also heavily wooded. I was driving, and I tried to go as fast as I could, at least until I got out of this wooded area and to the more housed area. I just tried to keep my eyes on the road ahead of me but suddenly I saw someone sitting in the back seat. I quickly looked back and of course nothing was there. I gripped the wheel and just tried to get out of there as soon as possible. The entire ride I was sort of scared and I even flipped my rear view mirror up.

Other hauntings by themiss

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, themiss, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

teenagewitch21 (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-18)
to the comment precioupip made- I'm 22 and my stories say young adult as well it doesn't mean too young to drive x

Very good creepy story 😁 ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
Preciouspip: Young ADULT... Adult being the operative word here 😆...
Preciouspip (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
May I just say it states you are a young adult, so how can you drive?

Crepy story loved it x

Pp xll
Preciouspip (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
May I just say it states you are a young adult, soon how can you drive?

Crepy story loved it x

Pp x
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
This definatly was a pretty scary story. There was one town I lived in and it had a road that's similar to that (having the houses and such and the further you go the more it becomes woods) and I was driving along it one night and unfortunatly someones dog was out and sitting in the middle of my lane (and I was creeped out already cause it was late night and pretty dark, and wasn't sure what could be watching me from the woods) and because of the dog I had to come to a dead stop in an area with no houses or lights around and wait until the dog got out of the way, then I floored it to get out of there.

That is a great story though!

Peace
JustCurious
anniewilder (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Hi themiss,

You've got some great ghost stories ~I would love to include this experience, as well as another of your experiences, in a book I'm writing, Trucker Ghost Stories (Tor Books). Contributors will be paid a stipend and receive a free copy of the book. If you would like more information, please email me at truckerghoststories [at] yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Annie Wilder
themiss (16 stories) (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-16)
thanks for reading everyone.

Supernaturallover- no that isn't the road, I don't think anyone would be familiar with this road unless they lived in the town I'm from.

I know what a lot of you say about working late shifts. I used to work at a restaurant a few months ago and I would have to drive another road that was heavily wooded about 15 minutes from where I live, and usually I worked weddings so there was a lot of nights I would be driving home at 11pm or later and I would AWAYS flip my rearview mirror up.lol
lauren318 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
LOL my mom would be so grateful that she isn't the only crazy person who flips the rear view mirror... Similar experience happened to her and now at night if she is driving along she ALWAYS flips the mirror just in case anything wants to hang out in the back seat really cool story though!
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-14)
Hi themiss, this was a real scary ghost story. Great story. Thanks for sharing. I think you're very brave to even drive back after the one ran next to your car! I would have been too scared to drive back alone. I would have slept in my car even at any ones house or driveway until the sun rise. You handled it so well. Thanks again sharing this amazing story. Trix. ❤
Supernaturalover (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-14)
Dear themiss that is a pretty terrifying experience but I am glad you didn't get in a accident but I'm just wondering if that road you drive is it Clinton road? Or was it a different road I can't remember the name of but on this road there is a legend of a hitchiker man who is seen on that road it is sometimes said he would appear sitting your car tell me what did your aunt say he looked like?
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
Well, that's a 7.5 on the creep-o-meter for me! I absolutely hate the reflection in the mirror/glass/TVscreen thing. That get's me everytime. I always worry about how I would react if it were me, not good I suppose. 😨 😨
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
I used to work the late shift and would get off at midnight and have to drive home and sometimes it would feel very strongly that someone was in the car with me. One thing that gave me peace of mind is the thought that this someone could have been an Angel, spirit guide, totem animal, family member or deceased friend. I never had the feeling that I was in danger, it's just the thought that you feel and know something/someone is there but you can't see them. That's what makes it scary too.

I would do some research on that area to see if you can find out who this person was running by the car. There's no telling what happened out in that area.

Great story!
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Yikes!... One thing I didn't like about working Graveyard shift was the drive from home to work... 😨 Something about driving late at night, the empty streets, the creeping silence... Ah! Creepy. Thank you for sharing your story, I always like to read "its was a dark country road" ghost stories!.

God Blees ❤
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Dear themiss, I agree, with, BearsEatBeets, this event, must have been terrifying! I can not even imagine, what I would have done, if this had happened to me. I do a lot of driving on my own, and have often wondered, how I would react, should a ghost decide to show itself to me, whilst driving alone, in the dark.
You are really brave, in my book. Qwick thinking, by moving the rear view mirror, so you didn't have to see it.
I realise, that spirits, are everywhere, but I try not to think too much about this fact, when driving alone in the dark.
My hats off to you! God Bless and thanks for sharing. 😊 ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Driving on dark country roads at night is one of my biggest fears, and your story proves why. 😨 I think I would have freaked out if something was running along side my car, or hopped in the back seat to bum a ride. 😭 I so have the creeps right now!
snowhite (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Wow, cool story. I still have to say you are a brave person. It is hard to keep a ghost out of the car. I heard similar stories before. It is the same thing-----that someone drove at night and found out a ghost with no head st at the back seat. That is even worse.
BearsEatBeets (5 stories) (17 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
Holy Crap! That would have been terrifying. I imagine you were driving fast enough that a human could not possibly keep up on foot. That gives me the creeps. I grew up in the boonies and it is a whole new world out there with the supernatural.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: