You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: A Hauting Of A Best Friends Dad

Real Ghost Stories

A Hauting Of A Best Friends Dad

 

To understand my story, you first have to know a little about this family. My best friend "Jess" and her family were devoted Christians. Her father being a minister and her mother a Sunday school teacher. Her and her siblings raised in this strict Pentecostal Christian church in Nebraska.

In the winter of 1997, One Sunday evening her mother and father were on their way to church when they were involved in a car crash, injuring her mother, and taking her father's life. Since his death, the family have fallen away from the church, the mother getting into a rebellious life style of drugs, alcohol and mayhem. "Jess's" mother decided to build a new home across town from the house her and her husband had bought years before. Shortly after moving into the new house, "Jess's" siblings moved out, leaving "Jess" alone with her mother.

Now jump ahead about five and a half years to 2003.

I am in the house, waiting on "Jess". I'm alone on the main floor. The kitchen opens up into the living room, with just a two sided fire place in between. It's Mid-Summer, and hot as ever. I've always had a slight uneasy feeling when coming into the house, kind of like someone is watching you, but I blew that off due to the many floor to roof windows that opened up into a forested area. While in the kitchen, the fire place (which was electric) turns on, disturbed I walked over to turn it off, when I reached for the switch, I felt something stop my hand and hold my hand against my side. I felt a breeze behind me, then I felt as if someone was (who I later determined was her dead father) telling me to get "jess" and get out. To leave and not return, something evil was happening in the home. I was so scared, I yelled for jess, and we ran out of the house.

In the car I told her what happened, thinking she'd think I'm crazy. She then told me she'd been seeing images of her dad throughout the house, sometimes she'd be a peace with the image, but other times he frightened her. We prayed for peace in that home.

About 6 months after this incident, it was long forgotten. Nothing else had happened. I was staying with "jess" at her house while her mother was out of town. "Jess's" car was in the shop, so I had driven her to work. Realizing I left my phone in her house, I drive back over, going in through the garage and into the kitchen. As soon as I stepped into the house, I felt uneasy. I felt as if I was being watched. I remember leaving my phone on the kitchen counter, but it was not there, so I called it using the home phone and I heard my phone ringing in her mother's bedroom (which is on the same floor). I walk through the living room, to her mother's closed bedroom door, as I open the door I feel a heat on my back, I turn around and see the fire place is on, as I turn back towards her mother's door, I find myself face to face with an image of her father. He looks as real as he did when he was alive, only, not as friendly as he was. I felt an evil presence. I was terrified. He smiled at me, an evil and chilling smile, stepped back as if to let me in the room, but something was telling not to enter the room. While feeling scared, I also felt calm. I knew the image (please keep in mind I keep calling it an image as I do not know what it was, I knew it was an entity.) in front of me was not her father, but demonic. I remember I kept concentrating on its eyes, and I'll never know why I never once looked away.

Believing in the power of prayer, I prayed. I told this demonic thing to leave this house, and to leave this family alone. It seemed the entity grew angrier and angrier. The bed started shaking, books falling off shelves, lights flickering. As the image started towards me, I remember as I'm staring at... This evil thing approaching, I uttered these words "You are not "Tim." you are evil and will leave this house, and this family alone, you are not "Tim." you will leave, in the name of Jesus. And just as fast as it began, it stopped. I no longer felt scared, but calm. Walking out of the house I noticed my phone that was in "Jess'" mother's room, on the kitchen counter where I previously left it.

It's been 7 years, and a few odd things have happened. Doors flying open, lights turning on, seeing dark shadows. But nothing again happened like it did that summer afternoon.

I think her father was trying to protect the family from beyond. Wanting to stop the evil.

Other hauntings by AloveB85

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AloveB85, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AloveB85 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-04)
fire fairy it very well can be a demon taking on the precesne of her dad, someone mentioned that in a post. I've heard of it happening. I know there was a calmness when seeing one, and a great fear when I saw the other. It was very odd, after it happened I started to research ghosts, demons angels, whatever I could to try to understand what happened, and how to get it to stop.
Fire_Fairy (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
Its interesting. But I don't think its Jess's dad protecting from beyond. Why would he have to frighten them sometimes. Its an evil demon. I am sure 😕
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
As we can see from your encounter, prayer is a powerful thing. Than God you had the fortitude to begin the prayer the way you did and to hopefully put Jess's dad to rest at long last.

Thanks for sharing!
God Bless!
jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Alove, I think you should continue to use the power of prayer. I have heard somewhere that it may not always work the firs time so you have to continue to pray as many times as it takes for this to come to a complete stop, if you want it to...
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
Wow, that was a great story.

When people find the strength to stand up to something that is unknown and evil, it leaves me wondering... Do we underestimate the power of a human mind!
AloveB85 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
up until this happened, I never knew spirits could actually look like someone you know.

Snowwhite, it was not soild, I could see through it, but it was never "floating"
I did tell my friend about it, and she had our pastor and staff come back over to bless the house.
The mother never changed her way of living, she's still into the same bad things as she was 7 years ago, I don't have much to do with her, and I haven't gone back into the house since that day, my friend has told me of some random things happening.
angel81 (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
hello AloveB85, thanks for sharing this interesting story. It was so scary. I agree with Spockie. You take care of yourself. 😊
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
Hi AloveB85, oh yes sorry man I get it now, I've read it again... Think it's time for me to give it a night. It's a sad but good story. Enjoy your night and take care. Trix ❤
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
Evil spirits often take the form of a person known to the person they are appearing to. That's why you have to be very careful when dealing with things from the spiritual realm. You were very discerning and you did just the right thing when confronted with this spirit.
snowhite (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
One more question I'd like to ask, when you went back to J's mother's bedroom to get the key and saw the thing, is the image you saw was as solid as a real person?

J said she saw the image of her dad, I think when she feels peaceful, she saw the spirit of her dad, but when she was scared, that is the demon. So there must be 2 DADS in the house.
snowhite (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
Wow, this is a great story and I love it so much! You are very very brave. Your writing is so vivid that I feel like I am watching a movie. I am really imoressed by the fact that the demon didn't fool you at all. A demon can pretend to be your lost friends or family members (someone you are familiar with), you did a great job by telling the demon who it was.

Did you tell your freind J and her mother about it? How are they doing now? I don't want her mother to loose faith in God although bad things happen to good people.
AloveB85 (2 stories) (31 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
Thank you trix. Trust me I was terrified. But I've always believed in this sort of thing, even being rasied as strict as could be. I did do a lot of reading up on it, and things to do/not do.
I do want to point out, it seems confusing reading through it "tim" was my friends father's name.

Thank you for your kind words!
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
Hi AloveB85, thanks for sharing this interesting story, I'm glad you have the wisdom to had seen through this evil thing. Imagine what could have happened if your friend believed that it was her husband and the daughter believed it was her father? Good for you that you chased this thing away that tried to trick you. I feel sorry for the wife because I think she gave up on life because her husband was taken from her on such an unfair way, especially when on their way to church. I hope she finds peace and that her wounds be healed in time. Some things we will never know why? Take care and I wish you all the best. Trix ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: