You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Panchami

Real Ghost Stories

Panchami

 

I am back with another one of my strange experiences -- this one occurred around 2-3 months ago. I had been having a lot of dreams where I would be hunted by people or sometimes by other things and one of those dreams led to this strange event/situation. This dream originally started out just like any other dream where I was being chased by a lot of people with guns that were out to kill me. I usually end up escaping in some way or manage to beat the guys somehow and in this dream also I had managed to do the same, but this time there was a girl among the bad-guys.

This girl, when she knew that I had managed to outsmart the other guys, suddenly started seducing me. The location was an underground tunnel of some sort (I don't exactly remember the details) and no people were around. She started out by flirting at first but when I didn't show any particular interest, she very quickly became quite aggressive and started kissing me forcefully and started throwing herself on me. I must say that I kissed her for some time before I felt that I shouldn't be doing this and pushed her away. She took some time to accept the fact that I wasn't interested but when she finally realized it, she was pretty furious. The strange part about the dream is that this girl laughed at me and said, "You think you are strong but you haven't seen anything yet. If you really are as brave as you think, come at midnight on panchami and you will see what I can do (panchami is a certain date in the Hindu lunar calendar, if anyone is interested I can provide the details in the comments later on)."

The girl didn't name any location or which panchami I was supposed to be there (there are a lot of panchamis in a year). The girl then transformed into a black thick smoke and disappeared. Right after she disappeared I woke up from the dream. At that time I thought it was simply a dream and didn't think about it anymore and went right back to sleep. The only thing that I did do about it was to tell my cousin and his wife about it in the morning.

A few weeks later I was peacefully sleeping in my bed and was about to doze off when suddenly an image flashed before my eyes. It was an image of a girl with long dishevelled black hair let down over her face (her face was completely hidden) holding a long dagger in one hand. Even though her hair was let down her stature was upright and she held her head up straight. After seeing the image, almost instantly, I could feel something jump up on the bed with me and I was suddenly attacked out of nowhere. By attacked I mean I could feel something landing blows on my body and struggling against me. We struggled for a while and I could feel my hands grasp something solid like a person's arms but there was nothing to be seen (the outside lights give a little illumination in my room).

After struggling for a little while, I seemed to gain the upper hand and immediately a thought crossed my mind that I should hold whatever that thing was captive. So I resolved not to let go of the thing until there was some kind of further activity like maybe the thing showing itself to me. But that was not to be as the thing gradually faded (slowly lost the sense of holding something) out of my hands until I was left holding nothing.

Feeling very foolish, I dropped my hands from the air and thinking the thing to be over, I tried to go to sleep but the thing wasn't over yet. The thing now grabbed my palm and was pulling it. I could actually feel something grab my palm (just like a person would) but it wasn't cold to the touch. Now I knew for sure that it wasn't just my imagination and I realized that something was giving me trouble. I immediately started to pray to God (our Hindu Gods). Now with me, it always takes some time for the entity to go away. I know that if the entity doesn't go away immediately, people think that the prayers didn't work or something, but I have always felt the prayers to take some time before they work and sometimes they take a very long time.

Anyway, the entity was still there and it was pulling my palms, pulling my legs, pushing me etc. And I think it was doing that to try and scare me. After a few minutes of praying, everything stopped and I went to sleep. At that time I did not connect the earlier dream and the event that occurred that night.

The next day, when I told my cousin about the event of the previous night, it was he who connected the two events. The dream and the threat of the girl had slipped from my mind. My cousin told me to check if the night the event happened fell on a panchami or not. When I checked the local calendar, imagine my surprise when I found out it was a panchami!

Hope you enjoyed my story!

Other hauntings by evilmonster

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, evilmonster, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-16)
Experiences are very personal to people and although everyone on this site is interested in the paranormal, it doesn't mean that no one will question a story. I consider myself a pretty skeptical poster, even though I am a huge fan of the paranormal. It does seem that whitebuffalo "questioned" whether or not it could be a dream, but that's only necessary in the comment section of a story to get a better understanding. Either way, your story was very well written and was a very interesting account. 😁
DCinAZ (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2010-11-16)
I was waiting with this one also. It seems no one can handle feedback anymore. Get a grip people.
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
Dear Garbagegigo, We are all, (I think, therefore I hope), sorry for any misunderstanding that may have occured in regards to your story. I enjoyed it, but as WhiteBuffalo, states, it took awhile, before anybody commented on it. I for one, held back, because I was hoping for more insight and understanding, by waiting to see what others said about your situation. I feel, since it involves a different clutural aspect to it, your Hindu practice of the lunar calender events, we were all hesitant to post prematurely.
I am really impressed that you saw, "the light", (in a sense) and relised, that WB was only trying to sift through what you had written and gain a firmer ground, before offering any advice. As I know, you are aware of the fact, that we are all pilgrims traveling this unknown realm of our reality, thus we join here to try and figure it out. I am sure I speak, for most of the people on this site, when I say, "there is strength, in numbers", and together, we can come," closer", to solving lifes' many mystries'. 😊 ❤ ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
Ummm I am almost afraid to even post a comment on this because I like whitebuffalo was thinking along the lines of possible lucid dreams. I am sorry but I took your reply to wb's comment the same way she did... With a side of attitude. 😢 I think if you re-read her comment you will see that she wasn't trying to discredit your story or try to say what you think happened was wrong at all. Whitebuffalo is very open minded and always willing to see the other side of things.

Your experience is quite frightening and very odd that the second experience happened on panchami! 😲
whitebuffalo (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
OK, Then.
Back up and read it again.
I gave you examples out of MY LIFE, to PROVE that I have NO KNOWLEDGE of such a thing. Never ONCE did I say I did not believe this.
Read it again.
I asked ONE question. NEVER did I say I did not believe it.
garbagegigo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
[at] WhiteBuffalo: Silent_Observer nailed it correctly. I wasn't angry at you but I did not feel good when you questioned whether it was real, when in the story I have very clearly written that the thing was attacking me physically. Besides, I know it was real because I had to remove it by praying. But still if I hurt you in any way, please accept my apologies.

[at] AlexH444: Hey Alex, thanks for reading. This thing happened around 2-3 months ago. I am not sure about the incubus/succubus thing maybe it could be like you are saying.

[at] Silent_Observer: Lol, I had been taught to not fear them since a very small age but still you can't tell when one will come along that will really scare you. The prayers really help and I guess that is how I cope. Besides, they do tend to go away after praying for some time. I also think that the getting chased by the bad guys are some type of negative entities.

Thanks for reading everyone 😊
shobha (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
This story is one of the scariest I have read. I am from India too, I live in New Zealand now, but can't help remembering some of the stuff about how some days in the Hindu calandar are particularly significant for paranormal events,
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
I did want to share some of my insights on this one... But I will pass. I really do not care much for the 'INDIGNANT' attitude!
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
And I also asked my questions of the poster as I was honestly wanting to know the personal take on the situation. Yes, I said anger- perhaps I SHOULD have used a different word, but the emotion came through rather clearly. Not every thing that some of us go by, when commenting on a story itself, comes through the story. Sarcasm IS something read quite often.
No, I do not know "everyone", but I DO know the ones who generally hit the stories first, and was asked by a few of them certain things.
Hostile? No. Impatient, extremely.
Silent_Observer (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
Whitebuffalo, you'll have to pardon me, but I did not see anywhere that that poster of the story was "angry" at you. Indignant perhaps (and naturally so, if he felt his experience was real and you trivialized his terrorizing experience) but come on... No need to jump to assumptions and be so hostile. Perhaps it is your expecting such hostility that is causing it in your experience with others. Just a thought.

Also, your saying that everyone was apprehensive to "touch his tale" is pretty bold. Do you know everyone? Did you have a personal discussion about it? These are genuine questions -- I'm not trying to be sarcastic.

GarbageGigo, I did find it interesting that you went to sleep after the event. Lol, me? I would've scheduled an appointment for psychiatric analysis, as well as paranormal investigations, ANYTHING to get the illogical horrors out of my mind -- or at least make some sense out of it.

Lol, I really don't know what to say about this, since I've never had any experience like this in my life -- but I do know quite a bit about Incubus/Succubi and that does very much like their nature. ❤

So I stand by Alex on the conclusion. Just wonder why those gangs wanted to kill you. Maybe just negative entities. 😨
AlexH444 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-14)
I have a thought of what you may have experienced the first night... A succubus/demon. Or at least one that has an aggressive nature if denied it's desires. When did this experience happen?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-14)
Yes, yes. I understand what you are saying, I do not understand the anger behind the words. You posted a story on a site that accepts comments. YOUR story stood comment free for three days, because no one was sure how to "touch" it.
Think about that while you are angrily telling me that my thoughts are nothing but opposition to what you KNOW happened that night.
I was not there, how would I KNOW, unless I asked?
This was interesting, and a "clear premonition" if true. CURIOSITY made me ask, (as for the similarities, and PERHAPS in trying to "compare" and "solve" another problem NOT related to you) as I have never experienced this before.
I bow off your page now.
Thank you.

What IS it about the general members pool that jumps to think EVERYONE is trying to start a fight lately? Good Glaciers. So much for respectfully sharing ideas and coming up with answers.
garbagegigo (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-14)
[at] whitebuffalo: I did actually feel the entity hit blows and besides that I have written that it was pushing me, pulling my hands/legs etc. Just because you have experienced the slurring of dreams and reality does not mean that I should feel them too. I hadn't even fallen asleep the second time and, as I have written in my story, it took me quite some time to fall asleep and I was praying the whole time so it couldn't have been a dream. But anyway, thanks for reading.

[at] mini: Very happy to tell:) In the hindu lunar calendar, each day of the phases of the moon is given a name. Ex: 1-15 (15th being either a full moon or a moon-less night. Once 15 is reached, then the counting starts again from 1. It might be on a waxing or waning moon. I have given the names below:
Pratipada: 1
Parewa/Dwitiya: 2
Tritiya: 3
Chaturthi: 4
Panchami: 5
Shasti: 6
Saptami: 7
Ashtami: 8
Navami: 9
Dashami: 10
Ekadashi: 11
Duwadashi: 12
Triyodashi: 13
Chaturdashi: 14
Poornima: (full moon)
Ausi: (moon-less night)

So Panchami would be the 5th day from either a full moon or moon-less night. Hope I have managed to make it clear.
Mini (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
Hi Garbage, can you please explain what "panchami" is? Thanks!
whitebuffalo (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
Very interesting.
What I find MOST interesting is both instances happened either in, or on the brink of, sleep.
I have had dreams SO real that the "break" between dreams and reality are too slurred to see. I have waken to find myself doing something physically, that I had just been doing in my sleep.
Unfortunately, it would appear that the dream, and the active dream could have had a mere coincidence in the timing of the play out.
Aside from the obvious "feel" of the fade away in the second visit, is there something else that points to this having been physical, and not dream form?
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: