You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Held Down In My Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

Held Down In My Sleep

 

This happened in the Summer of 2005. I moved to Corona and had been there for 1 year when I got back in touch with an old friend, we started hanging out again. We came home and I was so tired from lunch at a local resturaunt I asked if I could take a nap in her bed while she went out with her boyfriend. So I slept and I slept, and slept. It was about 12 midnight when I finally decided to get up and use the restroom. As I got up off the bed some force pushed me back down on my face and held me down for a while. I could not move, speak or even pray, the name Jesus would not come out of my mouth. On top of that there was loud, and hot heavy breathing in my ears. It was telling me in a robotic voice, "you're going to die, you're going to die tonight." Then followed an evil laugh.

It happened for about 15 minutes or at least it felt that long. I finally gave up and let whatever it was just do what it had to do. Okay, so as soon as I got out of whatever was happening to me I got up in panic. I opened the door looking for my friend. I finally found her passed out on her sister's bed. I said, Jen, you better get up and come with me to your room or else I'm going to drive home to Corona. I don't care if it's 2am. So she got her drunk butt up and came to the room with me. I told her what happened and she wasn't in the state of mind to understand what I was telling her so she and I finally got to sleep with her by my side, thinking I was safe.

That wasn't the end of my horrific night. As soon as I was slipping into unconsiousness it happened again except I was on my back. I tried to fight and slip out of it but I was helpless. Finally I went into what I felt was sleep mode... I felt something pulling me up towards the ceiling. I turned around and could see myself laying there. I grabbed ahold of the tv but the force was so strong I was smacked against the ceiling. I was floating towards the door when it finally swung open. I was still in the room and I could see 3 casual looking men standing there unable to enter the room. They were talking to me and telling me things in a normal voice, that I was going to hell, and that there is no such thing as God. If there was he wouldn't let this happen to you... I replied back to them, yes, there is and you cannot hurt me because I'm with the lord... So you cannot and will not hurt me... For a second there I had a thought there was no such thing as god.

Finally I snapped out of it and woke up and I was free of whatever it was attacking me. This was the first time it happened but not the last. There was more after that and others had witnessed it.

Very scary. Shortly after that I was in my home thinking I was safe when I slipped back into this sleep I could not get out of. I felt the same thing happen to me and I started to weep and I even tried praying but what came out of me was a demonic voice... I finally got out of this and ran to my grandma's room. She was very ill at the time so I made a bed right next to her and saw visions of evil bright red eyes looking at me and a lot of faces everywhere. The very next day my brother said to me, "What was wrong with you last night? Why was dad cussing and yelling at you?"

He said, "You piece of SH!%, why you crying?" My Brother said he heard me crying and crying. He said that he thought it was my dad. I said no and I explained to him what happened. He was so scared! I had told him dad was no where near me. He was asleep! My brother said he could hear someone praying but it was a man's voice. I said it was me trying to say the Our Father.

I know this story sounds unreal, but it is and I experienced it! I don't wish it on anyone.

At one time I thought it was gone. When I met my husband we were close to having our first baby girl in 06' and the week before my due date I was at my friend Jen's house again, only because her mom had offered her home to me because my OB/GYN was so close. It was day time so I wasn't scared... Her mom asked me if I wanted to take a nap. I accepted so as I layed down on my side on the same exact bed, it happened again, except it wasn't as strong as before. It said in my ear that same exact voice, "Goochie, Goochie Goo." I ran so quick out of that room. I told my friends mom, oh, I just got a call from my husband. I'll talk to you later. I was out of there...

It hasn't happened since I married and had children and my faith in Our Lord is stronger than ever. I know there is Good and there is Pure Evil out there. I don't know why this happened to me, I really don't but it wasn't pleasant, and my loved ones experienced this with me. They saw what I was going through. I thought for a minute I was crazy before that... I just want to share this with others and if you think you're crazy you're probably not, and be strong. Don't let evil take over. This a spiritual world, but we can overcome all with the GRACE OF GOD! Thanks for hearing my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angelainseine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

caitlynann4 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
Omg scary, if that happened to me I would freak out except my dog would probably warn my parents to get the heck in my room before anything happened. 😲
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Angelainseine...sorry man I mend it might answer most of your questions. Trix 😊
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Hi angelainseine, I also experienced an out of body experience like you did. For me it was scary. Here are 2 sites if you're interested to read more about this topic. It might answer most of your answers and it gives more light on the subject. Www.astralpulse.com and www.astraldynamics.com Take care and enjoy your day. Trix ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
From what I've read on SP, there isn't really a "normal" frequency to it. Being away from home, unusual sleeping arrangements/times, stress, all those things can trigger a sleep paralysis event. Some people experience it very regularly, a few times a week or month. Other people only rarely get it. I think the unpredictable nature of sleep paralysis has a lot to do with the superstitions associated with it. Some cases may well have a supernatural trigger, but most of the time I think it's just a sleep issue.
Happy to share what little I know. 😊 ❤
ArchAngelAmaris (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
Sounds like a plan to me friend. I read up some on sleep paralysis for my own purposes and I was wondering BadJuJu, do you happen to know what frequency would be considered normal? I really couldn't find any information on that. I have only ever had one episode, my dad said he had several when he was a truck driver and his dreams/visions were the same. Do you think that someone's situation can trigger SP? Like being away from home for instance. I appreciate any help you can give:-) 😁
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
Come on y'all, stop it before it starts. It so ain't worth getting worked up over.
ArchAngelAmaris (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
Why complain about voting down? You just voted me down for telling you that you did the very same thing that you were complaining about, oh yeah real mature. Jesus Christ, if you base your belief of occurrences on a voting system on some website then you really have some problems. You voted down my rating about 4 points or something and you don't see me going crazy over it. You know why? Because it DOESN'T MATTER. You complained that I voted you down when I didn't, then you vote down every comment that I make here. You're just plain crazy.
Rashidah (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
HERE WE GO WITH THE SAME CRAP AGAIN.
I feel like if anyone offer any medical advice, they get vote down.

That is why I will remain skeptical about this story.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
The mind is moving through different stages of sleep during SP. Even when these events happen before falling asleep, the mind is entering into a dream state. The dream state, combined with the fear caused by the inability to move, can make some pretty crazy hallucinations. There is a good article on sleep paralysis on this site. Do some research, hallucinations are very common.
I will admit though that I have the same feeling as Moongrim about this story. If I'm just being overly skeptical, I apologize.
ArchAngelAmaris (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
Actually angelainseine, I experienced much the same as you did. It was suggested that it could be sleep paralysis and like you I was wondering, if it were indeed sleep paralysis what would explain the otherworldly things that happened. I had someone comment on one of my experiences that sometimes an entity can use Sleep paralysis on a victim to try to torture them. That seems like a plausible cause. It was a scary experience and I know how you feel about the whole thing. I think that it is a good thing to pray for God to keep you safe from entities like this and that if it is in his plan for you to be exposed to beings from beyond our everyday world that He protect you. Don't let it get to you about the whole religious fanatic thing. You're not a fanatic, believe me I've seen fanatics and they are not as enjoyable as this story was.:-) Thank you for the story.
Rashidah (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
During sleep paralyses voices can be heard also.

Now I am not just trowing the medical book at you. I am just saying that all of these experiences that you have are interlinked with sleep paralyses.
angelainseine (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
Thanks for all the positive feedback, this is the first time I've ever shared my story on a website, and for those who think its sleep paralysis well what explains the voices and the visions when I was awake? And for those who want to knock me and say I'm a religious fanatic preaching my religion, thank you that is correct. I'm not here to argue with anyone I just wanted to see if there are others out there who experienced the same.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
If that happens when you fall asleep at other peoples homes then I think I'd stop laying down and taking naps everywhere I went. But yes, I'll agree there is good and evil in this world. All you have to do is watch the news. For the evil in the flesh they just need to build more prisons and hire more prison guards, that would help out with the unemployment. But on whether it was some sleeping something or other or an actual demonic force, only you can determine that.
ArchAngelAmaris (guest)
-3
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
Well Moongrim, that's nice if you have an opinion but I guess you could try to refrain from insulting the author. I am sure anyone here could nitpick something out of your story to be mean about but I think we prefer to be nice.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
That's a nice little story. And that's all it is, a story. Another Religious Fanatic attempting to preach their religion. Nothing more.
ArchAngelAmaris (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
And another thing, its not nice to accuse me of being childish for something I didn't do and then voting me down which is the very act you just called childish. I know you did it because last I checked I had a vote up and after you commented I am back at zero. Either way I still voted you up.
ArchAngelAmaris (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
I know there is nothing wrong with disagreeing, it's all in good sport anyway but I didn't vote you down. I really don't vote down I try to vote up only. Here, I voted you up. I guess other people disagreed too:-/
Rashidah (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
Nothing is wrong with disagreeing with me. My opinions are my opinions. No need to be childish and vote me down. That is silly.

As for the Book. I have read it. It is very superstitious.
glecydomingo (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
it can really happen... You can read the book of Dr. Rebecca Brown " He came to set the captives free " in the book, you can read about all the possible things that are happening in the spiritual world and demons and the answer to all your questions. Thank You for sharing 😁
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
angelainseine: I am agreeing with what Trix has mentioned it does have the same sort of characteristics as an outerbody experience, and also sleep paralysis. A good friend of mine on this website called Aussiedaz is very knowledgable in this area, he may be able to explain things to you in a clearer point of view.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
Hi angelainseine, you had an out of body experience. The voices and attacks were from my point of view from the evil side. I'm glad they don't trouble you any more things like that can be dangerous. Take care. Trix ❤
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-16)
I agree not being able to move or speak may be due to paralysis, but there has to be an explanation to the demonic voices and the floating sensation.
I am so glad that you are better now.
ArchAngelAmaris (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-16)
I disagree with you Rashidah, you know as well as anyone else here that there are many possible explanations for what this author felt not just Sleep Paralysis.

This comment from Rashidah is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: