You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis Horror

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis Horror

 

My girlfriend has had episodes of sleep paralysis long before I knew her, and I have to wake her up from time to time. I had never experienced it myself. We moved from our old house about 4 months ago where this event took place. I have always gotten weird feeling of someone watching me there. So one night, after walking down the hallway and going to lay down on the sofa, I was feeling "watched" again. I ignored it and went to sleep. I awoke about 15 minutes later if that, unable to move my body or talk. (my eyes were open and I know I was 100% awake) I looked to my right and saw a floating figure in the room that looked like the grim reaper. (just a shadowed appearance) It was floating down toward me and making mumbling noises like it was trying to talk. I instantly became filled with shock and horror since I was unable to move.

After about 10 seconds, I was able to get myself to flinch, and the figure disappeared. I laid there a minute just to make sure nothing was there. I was not asleep because I was awake before I saw it. I do not feel this is a sleeping disorder because I have never had it happen to me before, and my girlfriend experiences this all the time. (kinda strange I never had it happen until I met her and have seen her having sleep paralysis right in front of me) She has awoken before, moaning with her eyes open staring at me.

That morning I woke up and went out and laid in a different room in the house to get some sleep. I was lying on my sofa in another room and I woke up again, unable to move. (this was during daylight) I did not see anything so I just waited and listened. I felt like something bad was watching me. All of a sudden, I hear children laughing and I could hear footsteps coming from the back of my house as if they were coming closer. I closed my eyes once this started to happen, and then I broke out of the paralysis. Any thoughts on this matter would be very helpful. Also, haven't had it happen to me since. (this was about 6 or 7 months ago when this took place)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, abramd, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

envolga (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
Itsh a Demon Get the Roman Catholic Priest. (seriously get a Roman Catholic Priest) Get the Priest to Bless the home...
ILuvKittenz (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
I've seen several comments explain sleep paralysis, and what they said either you could have THIS happen, or you could have wacky dreams that are where you fell asleep at, like projecting dreams into the real world. I think the second kind happened to me twice.No,three times. I'm 10, and I had a dream where I 'woke up' screaming and my mom came calling for me. I went to hug her, and I looked up, seeing an alien-like mom with shrek ears and black eyes.*shudder*Then there was that one time when I 'woke up',went to the bathroom, opened the door, but only to see the dirty green midget at the other side. THen there was one where I 'woke up' and saw a white figure go under my dresser. Needless to say, I was scared out of my skin by these, but this was 2 or 3 years ago, when I was 7 or 8.
BIGSHIV (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
If anyone is reading this and has had similiar "Sleep Paralysis-like" experiences and wants some advice, counseling, or help. Email me at va_lova_4u [at] yahoo.com or wait until I make a post. I have had numerous experiences since childhood. Most of my encounters were much MORE intense the one described. If you are having these issues or know someone who is, remember YOU ARE NOT ALONE. There is HOPE and it CAN be STOPPED. I used to be a victim and now I am FREE from these "evil spirits" thanks to THE ALL MIGHTY GOD.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Although I can see some meritt in what Aussie has to say, I woul like to suggest you also invistigate the reason for the sleep paralysis. If there is a paranormal entitiy in your home; tell it to leave, that it is not welcome at your home and must leave in the name of the Lord.

This standing up to 'it' along with the method suggested by Aussie should certainly give you the peace you are looking forward to and deserve.

Thanks for sharing and keep us posted!
God Bless!
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
I'm with Aussiedaz on this one, try it out, it seems far less frightening than the others and what we all want is just a good nights sleep. 😊
SoliK (13 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
Yes...I forgot to add that too. Don't communicate with it and don't call out for it... It will make it worse and make what ever this is stronger and more connected with you... These spirits can be deceiving. Yes there are those that are probably harmless but there are others-horrible ones that trick you and you'll be regretting it. It's better not to take that chance. Also I've been told that if you ever hear them call your name...don't answer.
AloveB85 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
I wouldn't try to communicate with it. I do not have any experience in this, but MY opinion is this will stir up something worse.

There are a lot of stories on this site about SP, with a lot of helpful information.
Rashidah (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
ArchAngelAmaris has a point also. There are some entities that may do this to their victims.

That is why it is also wise to protect yourself.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
Hi there, I couldn't trace an old post that I made where a man who suffered from S.P...for 20 years came here in desperation willing to try anything to overcome his condition... Now I could go right into my personal theory about what I believe causes S.P...but I would rather cut through the chase and offer some advise if your willing to follow it... It helped him... Fear is a natural part of our thoughts and emotions... And this feeling of being paralyzed... Is a command from our sub-conscious initiated by our fear fill instincts... Consciously we are powerless to do anything and have to what until our Penal gland transits to a state of consciousness before we can move... So if you can remove the fear when your experiencing s.p...it will go away instantly and I speak from experience... The last time it happened to me I started laughing and it disappeared in a split second... Which leads me to believe my sub conscious fear is steering it... Try this... And I am serious...everyday...say 4 or 5 times 10 and absolutely before you go to sleep... Say to yourself the next time I experience S.P...I am going to laugh going to laugh going to laugh your conscious emotion of laughing will through your sub conscious command of fear a curve ball... If you can manage to laugh... I have no doubt it will vanish... Best wishes Aussie.
SoliK (13 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
I used to suffer from sleep paralysis a few times a week ever since I was a child. It is frightening. The worst hit me in my late teens and early 20's. One time I felt someone hit me... Another I felt like I was being held down... And another I kept hearing growling and and footsteps echoing in the distance. It was horrible going to bed not know if it would happen or not. I don't know if you are religious but what got me out of it was saying in my mind as loud as I could Jesus help me... Or St. Michael help me. I rarely get them anymore... And if I feel one coming on it is usually mild and goes away really fast... I haven't had a bad episode since I turned 30.
Olly227 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-16)
I had sleep paralysis about 6 months ago, for the first and last time since as well. I also so a black figure. Strange.
ArchAngelAmaris (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-16)
You know what? Read my story entitled "A Fearful Night at College" your story sounds exactly like mine. Some people have been telling me that there are some entities that can induce SP to torture their victims. What happened to you is just about the exact same thing that happened to me. I know how you feel. I am sorry I can't tell you what happened exactly because I'm still confused as to what happened to me.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-16)
http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleep-paralysis
SP can happen randomly, to people who have never experienced it before. It can happen if someone has a disrupted sleep schedule, or can also happen when sleeping in different places than one is accustomed to. Do you usually sleep on the sofa? This may have been triggered just by an unusual sleeping arrangement.
Rashidah (guest)
-4
13 years ago (2010-11-16)
I think you should try to relax and communicate with these entities.

I say this because they do not seem to harm you in anyway whatsoever. They may want to tell you something.

Sleep paralyses experiences usually heightens your senses of the spirit world.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: