You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Little Girl In Dad's Old House

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Girl In Dad's Old House

 

Once again, this is a story about my step-dad and this is another of his favorite stories to tell. I am unclear which house he was living in at the time of this story, but he has lived in the same area all his life. He has seen a lot of things, leading me to believe that he is sensitive, but I don't think he realizes it.

One night, my dad was asleep and he suddenly woke up to a small girl standing in his room. She left and walked down the hall. He got up, thinking that it was his little sister. He went into her room where she was in bed, asleep. He went as far as to wake her up and ask her what she needed. Obviously, she was confused and said it wasn't her.

This wasn't the only thing that happened in the house. Dad said that sometimes when he would sit in his chair he could feel someone (small) sit on his lap. His cat would also sleep on top of the TV, because it was warm there. One night something pushed the cat off the top of the TV and onto the floor. Clearly the little girl did not like the cat. She didn't like sweet tea either. Dad had four or five people over and they were sitting in the living room, drinking sweet tea when dad's glass that had been sitting on a table, picked itself up, dumped itself onto the carpet and set itself back down onto the table where it had been sitting before. All of the people in the room witnessed it.

The reason we all think this is a little girl is not only because of the child dad saw but because there was a small girl that was stocking a wood stove when her dress caught fire, she ran to get her father's help but burned to death before she could get to him. Very sad story.

Other hauntings by shamby

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shamby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
I agree with the other posters that the spirit was attracted to your father. Hopefully, the spirit has moved on and is happy because it's never fun to die in such an awful way.
Whispery (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-08)
If her dress caught on fire then maybe she was trying to use the sweet tea to extiquish the fire. Of course it went eight through her, which is why it hit the ground. 😆 But even said that, it's a very sad story of how she died. 😢

God bless~
Whispery
GhostFox (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Hey Shamby,

Maybe this girl thought she could be still saved if she got help from your dad? She was frantically searching for her father before she died, and she maybe associates all males as all possible fathers?
As a few people said before me, she was trying to get attention, but she could have also been showing anger that your father wasn't helping her.
I suppose she thought knocking animals and spilling drinks was the best way to show this rage...

And as you said, may this little girl have crossed over and is in peace now... 😁
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-29)
I would like to update those who are interested... I was talking to my Dad about a week ago and asked him about the little girl. He remembered her very vividly of course, but can't remember her name. The trailer that he lived in was next to the foundation of the house that she died in and across the street was a one room school house where the little girl went to school. The trailer that dad used to live in has been moved three or more times, and after living there it had no more activity. So, the girl was attached to her house's foundation and school house. After awhile the foundation was removed, the was after my dad had moved and then later the school house was torn down. Dad, knowing everyone was told by the people who live on that property now, that she is no longer there since the school house and foundation of the her home has been removed. Hopefully, she crossed over now and is happy:)
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Mini, I did not ever live in this house, and my dad moved several times in his life so I'm not sure which house it was. Also I'm unsure of the time that these incidents occurred, it was when my Aunt was young so probably at least 20 years ago, maybe more.

Cosmogal, I think my dad just attracts all kinds of spirit attention. He has seen so many spirits in his life, not only the little girl but he has also seen a spirit in the house I live in now. And he' s seen that one twice. His theory was that she didn't like the cat because it was constantly tormented. He found this funny but I'm sure the cat didn't!

Alove, it's very sad and I don't know what became of her because eventually my dad moved out of the house.
Mini (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Hi Shamby, great story, I would like to know where the story of the little girl being caught on fire took place? Was it the same house your stepdad lived in. Did he grew up in that house? And how long ago did the incident of the little girl's accident took place? These may be the answer to the haunting.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Hi Shamby, this is a great story! I have heard a couple of ghost stories about little girls that have died in the same way your Dad described. Years ago it was so easy for their dresses to catch fire in those old wood stoves and fire places. It's such a tragic and sad way to have to die. Poor little girl. It seems she was attracted to your Dad and wanted his attention. Probably even got a little jealous of the cat and the company which is why she did those things. Thanks for posting. 😊
AloveB85 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
the little girl stocking the wood stove and caught fire, did that happen? How horrible!
It seems like this little girl just can't cross over.
Its kind of an endearing story, she's acting out, and childish dumping drinks and pushing a cat.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: