You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Bells At Night

Real Ghost Stories

Bells At Night

 

To start of, I'm a 16 year old girl, and what I'm about to write "Did" happen. Not just me but my mom and aunt too.

It all started off in the afternoon, my mom and I got in a fight with my aunt about something stupid. When we finished fighting we didn't really talked to each other, so I just went to my room and spend the rest of the day on the computer. It all started about 11:45 p.m. And I have never had anything; I mean anything happens to be that would be as scary as to what had happened that night.

I was getting ready to go to sleep, and since I share a room with my sister, she was already asleep. I went to the bathroom and didn't notice anything and then I just went back to my room. I couldn't sleep yet so I was just laying there on my back. All of a sudden I hear something running in the hallway. I knew it wasn't a person because it sounded like it was a small animal running; for example a cat. The weird thing was that when 'it' was running in the hallway, I could hear bells also moving with whatever was running in the hallway. I was so scared that I didn't know what the hell that was.

I just continued listening and I heard it still running. It just went back and forth back and forth in the hallway with the bells ringing. It then stopped and I heard a door creak open. I knew that it wasn't my moms because she always had it locked and my aunt who is renting a room had hers locked too. It sounded like the bathroom door from across my room, but I didn't know. I some how got the guts to get up and turn on the lights of my room. I just stood there in my room waiting to see if I would hear anything, but I didn't.

I opened my door and then turned the light in the hallway on really fast but I didn't see anything. I then went and checked the living room and the kitchen but I didn't see or hear anything. I just stood there in the hallway confused and then my mom came out of her room and asked me what I was doing. I then told her about how I had heard something with bells running in the hallway. My mom also went o check things out but there was nothing, she just told me to go to bed and go to lock my door.

The next morning when I woke up I still continued telling my mom about it ad then she told me that she had also heard the same thing that I heard too. She said that she didn't want to tell me because she thought that I might get scared, but she also told me that when she heard it she thought that it was me making the noises with my bracelets, but after what I told her she was scared too.

When we told my aunt about it, she said that something also scared her but it was sometime at 4:00 in the morning when she woke up to go to the bathroom. She said that when she was going down the hallway where you could see part of the sofa, she said that she saw what looked like a shadowy figure sitting there. She couldn't tell what it was because it was dark, but she said that when she tilted her head to try and get a good look at her that whatever it was also mimicked her. She said that she got so scared that she forgot all about going to the bathroom and just went back to her room.

Since that night nothing had happened, but I sometimes think that I can still somehow hear the bell at night. I have no idea as to what that could have been but the closest I can compare it to as if it was a cat with bells running in the hallway. But my cat was outside and he doesn't have any necklaces of bells.

So what do you guys think it could have been because I don't know, it kind of reminded me of the movie of Stephen King's "Cat's Eye" where there's this little troll after the girl. What happened did happen 100% and the reason I wanted to share my story was so if there is anybody out there that might know of or have an idea of what it might have been. So thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Northernlights, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
oooo I just got finished reading a book called the devils footprints and in it, it talked about hearing these bells. In the book these bells represented death. Not sure if you have had anyone pass away from you recently after that? Could have been something like that
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
I was thinking the same thing as BadJuuJuu. Negativity, arguments, and hightened emotions can stir up paranormal activity. Whatever this was that you all experienced that night very well could have been manifested from your argument. 😊 ❤
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
I kind of agree with BadJuuJuu. It may have been a poltergeist that got annoyed with the yelling and such and gave you a warning I'm sure it won't hurt you.
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
My idea comes from the stories my husband told our kids when they were small. He grew up in Wyoming on a ranch, (that doesn't mean it can't happen other places) and they had pack rats that would steal anything shiny and small and go tearing around with it until they got it to their nest. That would explain the bell sound. What other things have happened that could somehow make it seem paranormal? Your aunt and you saw a shadowy type being in the other room? Maybe it was just a shadow. That would explain the mimicking too.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
This is an unusual story, and I'm going to take a shot at a ~possible~ cause for the noise that night.
Your house may have a resident ghost that usually stays quiet and minds his own business. The quiet ones don't tend to approve of drama. My opinion is that the fight annoyed the resident ghost, and he let yall know.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: