You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Ghost Of A Dog Or Wolf

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of A Dog Or Wolf

 

It was late November 1982 and I was driving to my Mother's home in Western Pennsylvania with my 10 year old son to go deer hunting.

It was a wet, slushy evening about 7 PM and we were driving East on route 422 near Worthington, PA. At the crossroads in front of the Garden Gate restaurant we approached the intersection and slowed down for cross traffic. A large, wolf type of dog appeared from the right side of the car and ran across the road, directly in front of the car. It was inevitable that I would hit it.

I waited for the "thump" and there was none. I did not react, or say anything. Neither did my son. About 5 miles later, my son asked me, "Dad, did you see that big dog?" A chill went up my spine. You had to have been there. Anyone in the front seat of my car that night would have sworn that there was no way to avoid hitting whatever it was.

Until my son mentioned it later I was questioning my sanity or at least questioning my eyesight. Even more disturbing was the way it appeared. Even though it was quite dark, with exception to my headlights, the creature seemed to have a "glow" around it and it almost glided instead of trotting. I have witnessed sounds or objects moved that I could not explain, but this was the first time I had ever actually seen something that could not be explained. To this day I can still see that brief encounter as though it just happened yesterday. I have always told people it was a dog, but I really believe that it was a wolf, or a vision of a wolf.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Marty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

snowhite (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
It is an animal's spirit. The same thing happen to a driver at night who thought he hit an old lady but turned out to be the old lady's spirit.
Fang7 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Question: Was the Wolf Black? If so, I have seen it before. I believe he is trying to warn me, and could've been trying to warn you, too
jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
redphx is probably right it could have been residual. Maybe it got hit there in the past.
DCinAZ (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
This gave me a little chill too. I can just imagine the after effects, knees turn to jello and can't decide exactly what to do with your now jumpy left foot? Yeah, creepy.
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Cool I have seen many spirits of cats that follow me and my family around everywhere. One tiny question, did the dog/wolf have red glowing eyes?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
How very interesting. Thank you for sharing this with us. I always say, a specter does NOT have to be spooky scary.
Well, that was pretty startling, though.
Thank you.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
I believe you. I've had this experience with a cow. You know that you are going to hit it but there is no impact. And there was no way it could have run out of the way of the car. You must have seen a ghost dog or wolf. Animal spirits can be residual too. Just replaying their death.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: