You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: 6 Years in a Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

6 Years in a Haunted House

 

When I was 14, my mother once again moved my family, me, my little sister, step sister and brother into the first home she ever purchased. The expense was cheap, and the year was 1989. The house was located right behind the school we attended, and graduated from.

Nothing happened or felt weird at first. For me at least. My little sister said she felt strange from the beginning, as if she was being watched, and never felt comfortable. The first thing that happened was the handle on my door would turn, the door would open slightly and close. It would continue to do this until I told it to stop. Then whatever it was would do it to my sister's door.

My mother would see shadow figures run across the bathroom wall. I've seen three shadow people by my bed. I just recently found out from my little sister she went to do her laundry when she heard me call her name up from the basement, and I wasn't home. She didn't do her laundry that day. I've heard my mother from the top of the basement steps when I was doing my laundry, and she wasn't home.

The attic window would blow out of the window frame on it's own and land on the roof. One time I heard my brother walk through the house before he got home.

Other hauntings by cliffandkris

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cliffandkris, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

musicgirl (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
yea I have had experiences where I'd hear my mom scream my name like something is majorly wrong only to find out she didn't say my name or she wasn't home
CielandSebastianLuver (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
I had that happen to me many time. Either I'm home alone or my parent are at home with me. And sometime I would come out my room ask my dad "Did you call me?" Of course the answer is always no.
cassidysarah (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-10)
That sure is scary. Thanks for sharing. Would you mind telling me what part of PA?
Musey85 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-05)
I don't understand...why would it be a bad thing to follow the source of a family member's voice, even if it is a spirit using it? I suppose I'm sort of the 'get down to the source of things' person, and from my experiences? If a ghost does that, it's just trying to get attention. What better way than to use a loved one's voice?
abbto (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
I live in pa, too. That's kind of weird. But one time my class went to gettysburg on a field trip. We were on top of Little Round Top and I heard my dad call my name. Want to know what's weird? He was 100 miles away from gettysburg.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
Wow, my name was called many times, and from what I hear from ominousnyxx, and what they say is true, then I'm lucky each time my parents were home when they 'called' me. Plus, I'd hear my mom scold me for something when she wasn't even in the room, she was eithere outside or doing a chore and too busy to have done it. Now, your story could have had more details and it would be really intresting and VERY clear, and easy to be convinced. But still, nice to the point style.
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
If the ghost is calling your name, while using a family members voice, it's intentions are NOT good. Even though it hasn't harmed you, it's good that you ignored it when it called you. If ever got you in a room alone when calling your name... Omg! I will have no idea what will have happened.
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-26)
I have heard my mom or what I thought was my mom calling my name before and when I went to search the house for her I would be home alone. Did your ghost ever play with the t.v. That seems to be a favorite thing with the ghosts I have lived with.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-25)
I have a spirit at my home that thinks its funny to hide stuff... Like ciggerettes, checks, keys..., then I find the stuff after I get mad and yell.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-24)
Sounds like your classic intelligent haunting to me. Since the spirits obvisously didn't harm you, I would think you more or less had a prankster or childs spirit on your hands there. I take it you no longer reside in that home?

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you always.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: