You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Sister's Best Friend And Her Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

My Sister's Best Friend And Her Haunting

 

This story is not my own experience, but I feel compelled to share it. My younger sister, Kelly, (not her real name) still has her "best friend" since the age of 3 years old. Her name is Sophia (also not her real name). Sophia and Kelly are like two peas in a pod. Our family considers Sophia and her family like our own. They lived across the street from our childhood home. In fact, her parents have passed away and Sophia's younger sister and her husband now live in that house.

At the age of about 20 years old, Sophia, moved out of her home and got her first apartment not too far from her family. While living at this apartment she had a very unusual experience. She said (after living there only 2 months) that she began hearing knocking and bumps in the night. My sister Kelly told her she was just hearing the usual noise that one hears when living in a multiple housing unit and needed to get used to it. Of course she agreed and her fears were somewhat calmed.

She was calmed, until one day she was there cleaning her own apartment and she heard very loud screams, knocks and chanting coming from the apartment upstairs. Sophia said she was very disturbed by the sounds and resolved to go to the main office manager and see what could be done. She was even thinking of calling the police at once because she said it sounded like someone was being killed or beaten. She was vacuuming at the time and happened to come to a mirror that was hung on her wall, and as people usally do she looked into the mirror (she is a little vain), and was shocked at what she saw. Upon glancing at the mirror, there reflected, she saw the most horrendous creature she had ever seen in her life! The only thing she could liken it to was that it resembled one of the flying monkeys in the movie, "The Wizard of Oz", wings and all, minus the clothes.

At that particular time she also said there was a putrid smell that had the odor of rotten eggs. Needless to say she quickly ran to the apartment manager's office (which was just a couple of doors down), to report this and because she was too scared to be alone in her apartment.

The apartment manager told her to come in and tried to settle her nerves. When Sophia told her what happened, the manager told her the girl that lived upstairs from Sophia was having an exorcism done at her place because she too had been experiencing a haunting of sorts. She had asked the manager for permission to do this and the manager, since she was a skeptic, said it would be alright, (she had the attitude of "it couldn't hurt if it's not real").

Sophia then told her that this was not normal apartment living and told the manager she was breaking her lease. She had better get all her deposit back since the manager put her and others in danger by exposing them to demonic contact. She got her then boyfriend, and his friends to move her out a couple of days later. She did get her money back and decided to move in with her boyfriend.

To this day she says it was the most scary thing that ever happened to her. She swears that this account is true, and never wants to go through something like that again.

Thank you for reading my story and hope you enjoyed it!

Other hauntings by roseinbloom

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, roseinbloom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jasmineh (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
That is really scary! I wouldn't have even known what to do, how odd!
Poor thing: (
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
The Vatican is what is called a "City State" and was established in 1929 due to the Lateran Treaty, and it is approximatly 110 acres in size with a population sitting around 800.

Peace
JustCurious
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
if I'm not mistaken, that Vatican is a state in itself, not open to the laws of the land around it. The 60 or so folks living there, are not required to follow the law as it stands in Rome/Italy. So, yeah, not much chance in getting any kind of info from any such files... But I'm sure they must exist.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
chaw! I'd like to get my hands on the files the vatican has about exorcisms,ufo's,and anything else they had like that, but good luck with that.
mlbenson (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-21)
Scared the crap out of me! Seeing any type of monkey in the mirror, instead of my reflection will freak me out as well. Wonder if a lot of strange creatures in these Hollywood movies are demonically inspired. Ideas must come from somewhere, and whether knowingly or not, since we all co-exist with spirits, I wouldn't put it past them to have some type of impression, small or big, on our ideals, decisions, and lives in general.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-21)
hey Rose,
thanks for the response. I'm glad you wrote this story, as I really enjoyed it. Left me wanting more info... And that's what makes a good story. Would love to have a sit down interview with that neighbor. Come to think of it, I would love to get hold of whatever files the Vatican may have with past info on Exorcisms... There has to be something of the like. Not sure why the Church keeps the subject so hush... It really is an eye opener and the proof many may need... Good vs evil.
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Dear moravian, I can't understand your post.
I'm somewhat elderly, so on occasion my brain does not get a grasp of what is being said. Sorry, could you elaborate? 😕 ❤
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Dear vulcan and Pjod, thank you both for reading the story. Frist let me address, the comment of getting an Exorcit as quickly as she did. Sophia, did not know the girl upstairs, and never spoke to her. For all she knew, the girl upstairs, could have been waiting a long time before it was approved. I also know that many christian denominations, also practise exorcism, so it is no longer just a," Catholic thing".
I am a devout "cradle Catholic, and yes the Catholic church, does not easily grant permission, for exorcisms to be preformed by an ordained priest. They do a lot of research on the situation and on the person requesting it. This is because they want to make sure the person is mentally sound and is not dillusional. It must be proved and validated first. Also, I read that thurout the entire Catholic Church, there are only 80 trained and ordained exorcist, who are specially ordained to preform such a rite. They give the explation that only a few are spiritually gifted to be able to do battle with the Devil and his demons. They liken it to being called by God to do this special rite like being called into the priesthood.
Pjod, you are correct in that a good Catholic exorcist, would never preform such a ritual, where there is a possibility, of endangering many others in the process. Such as Sophia experienced.
Vulcan, Sophia, said the manager only said that they were exorcising the apartment. Remember, Sophia mentioned that she too could hear knocking and bumping through the walls, in the late hours of the night when she was trying to sleep. She told Kelly she was afraid, and my sister tried to calm her by saying it was normal appartment noise.
As far as seeing the flying monkey in the mirror, I too asked the same question as to whether, the image was in the relection with her or if she saw only the monkey. Needless to say, she thought it a dumb question, because why in the world would I think she would look like a monkey, which my question seemed to imply.
Pjod, sorry but I told only the information that was given to me by my sister, Kelly. I guess it wasn't a good idea writing the story, with out having more facts.
I just thought I'd like to share such a strange," second hand" experience with the people on this site. I thought it was worth telling, because I thought it was an unsual happenstance. 😕 😢 ❤
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
this story could have been really good, had you put in a bit more detail Rose. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but came away with more questions... Maybe you could fill us in with a bit more, as far as what went on in that apt. Above. I'm currently reading Hostage to the devil, and I can tell you one thing... An Exorcism should not be done in an Apt complex, and find it hard to believe that an Exorcist would agree to perform one in such an environment.
By describing the sounds like Screaming, it is obvious the exorcism was done to the girl, and not the Apt itself. Any more info would be greatly appreciated.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
were they exorcising the girl or the apartment? And even though I don't find those flying monkeys all that terrifying it would be I guess if you saw one in the mirror. And I take it that it was in the mirror with her, not that her image was replaced by that of a flying monkey, in which case I'd asked what she really looked like. I've never had or known someone who has had an exorcism, but I thought that was a catholic thing and that it took time for the church to okay it, almost as hard as getting the cable man out. I agree the manager should have informed her, but I would have liked to have seen the notice they put on everyones door around there about the exorcism. It's bad enough when they have to spray for bugs.
sarahi (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
this story was a great sory because I got really freaked out and I almost peed my pants! 😜 😠 😁
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
People must believe in God and the Holy Trinity. They also need to be aware of the reality of the fallen ones succumbing as referred to on this story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: