You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Shadows And A Beam Of Bright Light

Real Ghost Stories

Shadows And A Beam Of Bright Light

 

This happened last night (the 14th November 2010 to be precise). The following experience I have to tell you was not a dream, as I was fully awake, preparing for the math exam the next day. Also, before anyone asks everyone else in my house was at the time either downstairs or asleep, as I made sure.

It was around 11:00pm and I was on this very site looking at a multitude of ghost stories, mainly to do with ouija boards (submitters shall remain anonymous) and summoning spirits by accident. I was particularly interested in one story about someone who had summoned a negative entity from a ouija board. This got me wanting a spirit of my own. I would quietly yet foolishly ask random questions to see if anything would happen. Surprisingly, something did!

As soon as I asked "if there is a spirit in this room, give me a sign." Initially nothing happened, but then I would see shadows and objects fly around at the corner of my eye. I thought of asking the question again, but before I did a shadow appeared by my window that looked remarkably like a human head.

This freaked me out a lot, and I said "goodbye" and immediately got nervous. A lot of weird things have happened in my life, but nothing as unexplainable as the 'final apparition'. After I ended the 'seance', a bright beam of white light, similar to ectoplasm, was seen heading up into the sky nearby. There was no clouds or thunder, and when I realised this I tried to go to sleep, knowing that this 'thing' knew about what I had done.

I need answers people, what have I done and what should I do about it?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Duality, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
The ones who needed a lesson DID get it, Thank you, Protected. No worries. I just wished to draw attention TO that fact, as many still have questions for...both...the author (s), and I am afraid no further answers will probably post TO this one.
No worries. You upset no one.
Peace and Love.
Protected (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
I'm not disappointed now and I'm sorry if my response upset or brought anyone down, I am really sorry this persons' experience upset people. I think now... Everyones comments were based on their concerns at that given moment & were meant in good faith. Anyway good luck to them. I'm sure they've now learnt something valuable from all of this. โค
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
You know what, all?
BOTH "authors" have deleted accounts, and are no longer here. No need to keep up the fight. There more than likely will be no response.
Thank you.
Protected (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-21)
I think everyone needs to calm down, I'm sure for the person involved it is a very 'regretful mistake' and already something he's learn't from.

Perhaps offering your help suppport and advice would be more valuable. I thought we all come to this site to share, read, learn and help... Or seek help?

Not everyone has a understanding of the supernatural world to know to take it as seriously as most of you here do. The way I see the situation is someone is calling out for help...

I am a new member and when I read this... I was disappointed to see how other members have turned away from helping someone else. I beg you all to please make strong considerations to your comments before you post them. Don't attack and conspire together against one person... That's cruel and completely unadult. Whatever the reasons for the seance, the fact is now it was performed and we can't change that now. But we can change our way of how we now go about helping this person.

People need to know they can come here safely and for whatever reasons their experienced happened... They should know they will still receive support and help.

Not this.

Anyone with knowledge and a heart please step forward and offer your kind advice and help. It's not right to group and attack one person. It's not nice and its just not fair.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2010-11-21)
Alex/IhateSuccu...
It is too obvious you are one in the same... Stop trying to convince otherwise, you are only making yourself look more foolish. So, if I got this right... You tried to conjure up your lil sexydemon... When that failed, you convince yourself they really don't exist, but, taking a new screenname "Ihatesuccu."...I have no experience with the Succubi, but with a little research, have come to accept that they exist, and are still active today.
Has it occurred to you, that your curiosity has caught the attention of such spirits, but being young and a bit foolish, They are just not interested in any type relationship. My research tells me, that these sex spirits are not just machines, going from one human to another, but apparently they also enjoy some type of companionship from their human... And at this stage of your life, you just don't meet their expectations... So to speak. Maybe when you are a bit older, and have more life experience, one of these spirits just may take a fancy to you...however, with life experience, it may click within you that a relationship with such an entity, is not in your best interest.
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-21)
Also, Alex- Truly, we're looking out for your best interests, as well as those around you. Summoning is a pretty tricky business, and even those who think they have a knowledgable grasp on the situation can be caught by suprise. ๐Ÿ˜

The same goes for Ouija boards, and trying to conjure something from them. You never know what you're truly talking to, and if you get a nasty entity, it can and will be a pain to deal with.

I hope our advice can give you better judgement for next time. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2010-11-21)
Alex,
reading your response to miracles... You seem to believe that you have some heavy grip on the unknown, spirits/entity's...I hate to leak on your parade, but you can easily conjure up something that could literally shatter your world, and those around you. The stories of past Exorcism's are loaded with beginnings just like the experiment you posted in your above story. I'd be careful if I were you... And thankful you didn't raise the devil.
AliceLeftWonderland (2 stories) (31 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-20)
It wasn't bullying to tell your cousin how foolish he was to try and summon something that he couldn't control.
What did he think he could do? Shove it on a leash and muzzle it?
No.
If nightmares are all he's left with, then he's an extremely lucky boy.
Maybe next time he'll think twice before doing it again.

The others were justified in their comments against your cousin, because he did something that put him, and others, at risk.
Luckily, that hasn't happened.

Arguing over who and who isn't bullying other people on this site is completely redundant.
He asked for advice and opinions, and he got them. Just because they weren't to his liking, doesn't mean they aren't valid.

If he finds that the occurances are still happening, he should either use cold iron (i.e. A horseshoe) to hang in his room as it apparently dispels negative spirits, or sage.

All the best

- Alice
Xox
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-20)
First - you MUST STOP reading stories here to get ideas on 'having your own spirit'! Plain and simple it is not a pet that you can have. Second - please... Oh please stop explaining and re-explaining and further explaining your cousin and your profile stories. It only takes the focus off of your story and leads to unnecessary comments. Third and final - You came here for help (that is what you say!) so take what you think is helpful and ignore the rest. Do not fuel the fire any further. Thanks a Takecare

PS: Now days... I do not watch television. All the drama is on here, I miss the good old drama free days.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2010-11-20)
Hmmm. I think I am REALLY glad I
"waited this one out".
The truths are all in the comment section, are they not?
Ihatesuccubi (guest)
-3
13 years ago (2010-11-20)
Before what happened- my cousin (alex) used to be addicted to this site, helping people and offering solutions to their problems. True, he wanted to prove everyone wrong about whether succubi exist in a stupid manner, but why direct your fire at me? What have I done? I came on this site looking for solutions to problems only YOU can understand. Instead, I just get more problems, recieve no-one who listens to me and just votes negatively out of spite. What happened to the friendly ghost community everyone shared nicely? Think about that the next time you are bullying some kid telling him how stupid he was.

Goodnight.
Ihatesuccubi (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-20)
Why is you saying that - true it happened to be on my profile when I created it - I am MY COUSIN? I thank the useful advice fromAussiedaz and Shinigami- at least they don't bombard me with negative votes because they don't agree with my views and therefore punish me-I thought that abuses the vote system don't you think?
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Hmm, I wouldn't be mad at Alex (this is his story, right? I'm a bit confused, because there are two people involved with this story in the comment section. ๐Ÿ˜ณ). Curiosity can be extremely strong, despite warning signs. Ouija boards can be very tempting- its an easy way to see what could possibly exist, other than the regular critters running around. Sometimes stories that are full of activity, good or bad, can accelerate the mind to think of what excitement could happen if they give it a go. Really, the best way to avoid mistakes, or to be better prepared, is through experience, like what you've been through, though I wouldn't recomend that you look for experience opportunities.

Now, for the advice: If a wee ghostie or what not has taken a fancy to you or your home, this site has a helpful article about how to do a cleansing of your house. If you need further assistance with the cleansing, I'm sure some of the posters here would be happy to help, if asked politely.

Also, you can put rock salt, sea salt, or charged salts by the openings/ ledges of windows and doors. A sprinkling of holy water wouldn't be bad either, for some peace of mind. To make holy water, just take a container of water and put a holy object like a cross in it. I've seen personally that it works wonders, and is just as good as holy water that's been blessed by a priest.

I hope this helps if you need it. Also, read some of the articles and feel good stories that this site offers. A good portion of them offers advice, as well as information about different entities and ghosties. ๐Ÿ˜Š
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
What worries me about sites like this... Is exactly this story before us... I know at the end of the day its our own responsibility to make the choices we make... But there is too much information here and it must be too tempting for those that are curious to the horizons of the spiritual realm... What you have to understand Ihatesuccubi... That all the posters here have your best interest in mind and are looking out for you as like you were than own child... There are some things a young mind can not handle especially at an young age where other factors combined with an Ouija board is a recipe for danger... Please take care... Take your mind away from contacting spirits and give this site a miss... Or just read the feel good stories... This is what I would be saying to my children if I knew that were experimenting like you have...
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Excuse me ihatesuccubi, why would using the same computer have any bearing on your profiles? ๐Ÿค”
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Sooooo, you made a new account?...Hhhhhmmm...That would explain the reason why YOUR COUSIN'S story is on YOUR profile and is copyrighted to YOU... Thank you for clearing that up ๐Ÿ˜†

Exit: stage right>>>>>>>>> ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
Ihatesuccubi (guest)
-4
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
I just realized who you just made cry with regret. My COUSIN! He's at my house now crying about how horrible he was to you... He says he's sorry (oh-and the reason the poster is different is because we share the same computer-I just made an account after Alex deleted his! He really was terrified by the ordeal - he was awoke by a nightmare (which may be the reason he was grouchy)!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Well ihatesuccubi/Alex, it's on there because she commented on your story... ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
Ihatesuccubi (guest)
-4
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Alex: Why did you call us "ghost loving degenerates"? And second... You wanted a sex demon? As the profile name goes dude, you really shouldn't.

I think he has deleted his profile. Well done Miracles. True he was harsh but only because his first EVER comment on his story was one telling him how stupid he was. Don't leave the discussion, just cut him a little slack that's all!

From someone who understands... P.s why is my name on your profile?
DCinAZ (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Do we sound like we're mad? We are, So many stories here tell of the bad things tthat can happen with summoning and If you refuse to heed the warnings posted EVERYWHERE and does it anyway and gets a bad result AFTER ALL THE WARNINGS we tend to get impatient. Deal with it. That's called accepting your blame.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
AlexH - since you asked me SO politely to leave the discussion, I will after asking you this one question. Why are you now just a "guest?" Why can't we view your profile any longer? Hmmm?

And I don't want to get into another shouting match, but my concern about the negative entity wasn't solely with the entities in YOUR home. It was with those you might bring INTO your home. Those you know absolutely NOTHING ABOUT!

And now I will leave your story.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Alex: No one is judging you... YOU came on here trying to find someone to tell you how to summon a spirit... When no-one would "help" you do so, you did it on your own, even after being warned REPEATEDLY that it wasn't such a good idea... Sorry kid, but as far as some of us are concerned you're on your own with this, too...

Maybe someone in your family can help you...
DCinAZ (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
No alex, we're not bad, we care. That's why most of us hang around here. Your not the first one who came here as an experiment and you won't be the last. Think of us a family who worries when we see someone do something despite the warnings and knowing the dangers.
AlexH444 (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Like I would really WANT a sex demon, which by the way don't exist! I wanted to prove everyone wrong HENCE I actually said I didn't want one! I swear everyone's on this page to get me...

I thought this place was better than you sad ghost fanatical degenerates... I was wrong.
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Sorry Alex for hollering at you. I get that way about quija boards and sex demons and the people who think that's a good idea
AlexH444 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Maybe next time, YOU should get your facts right, stop judging other people and well, I would rather have an evil spirit than people posting crude comments on stories (ahem*Miracles).
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Alex, All anyone has to do is read your profile page to see what you've been up to. Your sole reason for visiting this site was to learn how to summon a sex demon. Geez, man up and do the work like the rest of humanity and get a real human companion. That's right it takes work. Like learning manners amd treating someone else as you would want to be treated. It's give and take. You seem to think sex demons just give and you don't have to do anything for them WRONG! But you just try to take short cuts to get there. Sex demons! What a waste!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
AlexH - maybe next time you share a story, you should include ALL the information.
AlexH444 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Thank you! I'm sorry I lost
My temper but no-one was willing to help me! I have learned a lesson and I won't ever do it alone.
AlexH444 (guest)
-3
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Miracles:I wasn't TRYING to "adopt a pet" for YOUR information... I KNOW all the spirits in MY house are not evil negative entities and I KNOW what I was doing, my family have done seances before I just did not expect a reaction so severe. Besides, it is not up to YOU to pass judgement on such an occurence-why come on here with random complaints about "how
I did it with no-one else around" or "the cup wasn't in the right position" and all of that non-s

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: