You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Who Or What Is Controlling Him?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Or What Is Controlling Him?

 

Hello, I'm new to this site and hope I did everything appropriate to the guidelines. I read a lot of people's stories and have had a lot of paranormal things happen to me. I hope you can help us. So, I have a significant other in Portugal, (it's an online relationship, and we planned to meet up this summer). We've been together for about a year plus. A lot of things very painful and negative have happened, but I've always believed in very spiritual bonds you can have with another person.

After more than 7-8 months into the relationship, he claimed he felt something overtake him. I know this story might sound weird or even unrealistic, but I want to believe him and I want to help him. He said he felt as if someone resembling his past self overcame him and started talking to him in his dreams. He said this being feeds off of bonds, or so it said to him, and wanted to break us. This "thing" also talked to me over MSN, (our only way of communication) a lot, on many different occasions. It's starting to get more and more recent, and what he does say to me is that I am a liar, I am a fake, I hurt him, and my boyfriend complains of this thing making him hurt himself.

I don't know the credibility of this, I just know that he swears to me that this is something very, very real. I don't know what it is. I doubt it's a demon, because if it was, I doubt he'd have even let him live as long as he is. I've seen scratch marks on him and he claims to have been dragged back. When he calls his mother for help, it goes away.

I'm in desperate need of help. I'm telling what I heard and witnessed 100%. Is it a spirit, demon, something he has to deal with by himself? Whatever it is, it's hurting him physically, and I'm extremely worried at this point. I don't mind spiritual or religious views on this at all, I just want to be believed. I will take all of your opinions to heart, and all of your advice. I'd like everyone to be respectful to him and what he is dealing with. I don't know why he'd want to intentionally cause more stress in our relationship, but I told him I'm finally doing something about it. If you have anymore questions about what goes on to answer me properly, please feel free to. I'm also going to be posting more experiences of mine in the near future.

Other hauntings by Ikatsu

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ikatsu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ikatsu (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-03)
Thank you for your input, ParanormalPenguin. We're currently working with JimD as I've stated before, and he is taking the religious, 'this is assumed to be a demon' route. He's gotten holy water, says many prayers at night, and is in touch with his local priest.

About the 'repressed childhood' thing, I also figured this could have been possible too, but I guess that it will take a while to figure out.
ParanormalPenguin (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
First off, I want to wish you both the best in overcoming whatever this problem, for lack of a better word, is.

There is the possibility that something supernatural is doing harm to your friend, and it would probarbly be a good idea to seek clerical help.

There's also a chance that the memories from childhood have resurfaced for some reason, and the "younger self", visiting him in his dreams is these memories in their personified form. I don't know much about this, but durring some traumatic dreams, sleep paralysis doesn't fully kick in, and the person is free to move around, often causing minor cuts and grazes. Though this doesn't account for anything else.

Then again, though I know it's not something you want to think about, perhaps he is making it up. It would explain why he claims the entity leaves him once he shouts for his mother.

(Sorry for the long reply.)
Ikatsu (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Thanks to everyone who has e-mailed me and for some of the support I've been getting. JimD is currently helping the situation, as is Hoochler. Thank you.
JimD (431 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Hi;

I emailed this poster personally via priavte email. Thanks to the poster here (you know who you are) who referred her to me. I'm on it. I don't have enough info. Yet to determine if it's demonic, but I suspect it may very well may be.

I have to share two things; I feel compelled to, any way. First, Happy Thanksgiving to all, and second, I recently assisted at an exorcism, and the thing actually answered Father as to why he'd taken posession of the young lady. It said: "Because this F*** woman was stupid enough to believe our lies." I felt this is important enough to share with everyone. I'm on this. Stay well and God bless you all. Dukes2352atAOL.com. Jim.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
you really cannot know someone through internet dealings, as you can in real life interaction. I would be very sceptical, and fearful for safety, if I were you. Sorry to sound heartless, but I would end this with him... After maybe trying to contact someone close to him that can help him seek the help he is needed.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
I will help you on this case. Will contact you through email first.
This does sound very much like a demon. They can oppress their victim for a very long time. They basically try to break the person's will, and then will begin to possess them. Your boyfriend sounds very strong to hold against this for a while.
I have a group of friends and myself that can help you rid of this demon.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
Ikatsu,
I think YOU are the only one who knows what you are going through.
So I wish you luck, but I also hope that you will keep what other people have advised in mind also. This will only prepare you for whatever it is you will face... In the future.
Take care
Ikatsu (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
To one their own, JarMan.

I hope I will be able to prove you wrong, but who knows, of course.
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
Ikatsu you are giving him too much credit. Deep down in every single person is a sniveling coward.

I wish you the best, but I wouldn't be surprised if you end up becoming incredibly hurt by this person.

Do us a favor, when you guys end up calling off your trip, let us all know so other people can learn from it.
Ikatsu (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
Jarman:

Actually, I really doubt he'd want to break up with me, lol. We have had quite a bit of arguments around small things, and I ended up getting so hurt over what happened in the past that I wanted to break up with him, and he begged for me to reconsider, which on the decision I wasn't even wanting to any way, just lost on what to do. You see we've had some issues of our own in the past, now resolved.

The point of this all was, you see, that regardless of how strange and unbelievable it sounds, he's telling everyone this story. I asked him to tell his family about it only to not be believed. He's tried desperately for help but no one around him has wanted to. His grandmother has helped for example, religiously, and it hasn't worked.

I'm sure that if he wanted to break up with me, it would have happened by now. I'm also aware of how people stand on online relationships, and with how I am, we're very different from the norm. The best way I can see to truly tell what's what, is when I eventually go to see him, you know? Right now I will put it in a category of repressed childhood emotions, (severe), or paranormal, or both. But I thank you for your two-cents on this.
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
I am a strong believer in the paranormal but I believe a good sense of skepticism is healthy in this sort of field.

It sounds like your boyfriend has had some issues in the past and they are bothering him. It sounds like he may have even suffered emotional damage.

The human brain is a complex organ and it's easy to be overtaken by emotions. Your boyfriend may be feeling depressed or overly anxious about something and misinterpreting it as a paranormal experience.

That being said, you yourself said you are "...I'm deeply in-tune..." with the paranormal. Have you told him this?

On-Line and long distance relationships are hard to maintain and sometimes it's just easier to find someone in your local area. Chances are (and I think it's a good chance) he is just making up the whole thing to try and break up with you, without feeling guilty about it.

Scratches can happen from almost anything, so can bruises. I can't tell you how many times I can just discover a scratch or a bruise on my body and have no idea where it came from.

It boils down to this, even yourself have said it sounds outlandish and you are doubting the validity of his claims even if you "want" to believe him. So what do you think it is? I could promise you I poop gold, that doesn't make it true.
Ikatsu (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
Loganz:

I am aware of all of this. We've been together for nearly 2 years now.:3 Video calls, letters, sending of gifts back and forth, etc. We are planning to meet up this summer, but money is difficult right now. So I assure you that this is already happening. I also hope that meeting up with him can allow me to evaluate what this is, how it acts, or if it even comes out around me. This 'thing' kept claiming that it's not out to get me personally, but I always wonder if it will hurt me. That's something to consider as well. I also know that he will get a lot of crap for this, I am prepared and he is also.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
Ikatsu,

There are a lot of people on this site who themsleves are going through some tough stuff, and they get a lot of s***!
So be ready since you are asking help for someone who you have not met in person.
My advice - first meet your boyfriend face to face, and see what he is talking about. It always helps to get a first hand feel of things, then probably you can judge if this is something that needs medical help or spiritual/religious help.
Ikatsu (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
To both of you who commented: skepticism is something that I desired and expected because in general this sounds far-fetched, am I correct?

To Hoochler: Thank you so much for the advice. I will look into it as soon as possible, as I am now completely fed up with the current situation. He is deeply catholic and so is his family, so this might work. I am willing to try anything, I just am not sure what this thing even is, so I wasn't positive on how to help. I'll tell you how it goes.

To BadJuuJuu:
I'm very happy you commented on this, I've seen you around many times, and you are helpful as well as give your truthful opinions and doubt when necessary. I'm deeply in-tune with the paranormal, in fact I'm overly sensitive to it. He does know this, and I wasn't sure how to evaluate the situation other than explain how things were to get others opinions.

To give more information:
I can say that I've doubted the situation a lot, and I mean a -lot-, because some of it borderlines what would be normal, such as communication over a computer. What would be the need and why would it use his body to target him, and then me? He claimed that it took the presence in his dreams and actually looked like his past self, who he used to be, if that helps. He had a pretty dark past with emotional pain and bullying, which is why I wasn't sure if this was a demon, yet again I have much to learn about them. They're complex and something hard to explain. His parents don't believe him. I do, because I am always someone who gives the benefit of the doubt, and he has never lied to me before. He's asked his very religious, (catholic) grandmother for help, he's asked everyone around him. It's just too hard to believe. I just know that there's a lot of negative energy present, regardless of having gotten over it.

Either way, sorry for the long response. He might make an account and engage in the discussion because I'm sure he can tell his story better than I can. And there is a lot of detail to what goes on specifically, so if you're that interested my e-mail is: triumphant. Unity [at] live.com
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
No offense, but there are a few red flags in this to me. Maybe I'm just overly cynical, so I apologize if I'm reading too much into things.
You say a lot of things painful and negative have happened, but you believe in spiritual bonds with another person. That almost sounds like your relationship has caused you a lot of heartache. Deep, spiritual bonds with another person happen, but those bonds shouldn't cause pain.
You said that his claims sound weird and unrealistic, but that you want to believe him. Wanting to believe and believing aren't the same. "I don't know the credibility of this," you have doubts about this yourself. Follow your instincts.
"I don't know why he'd intentionally cause more stress in our relationship." Just how much heartache has this relationshp brought you? Reading between the lines, it sounds like an awful lot.
The activity he is currently presenting to you can be pretty easily fabricated. He may be using your history of paranormal experiences to try to influence you in some way. Either to increase your attraction to him, or to scare you. I'm really, really sorry. Please don't dismiss this comment out of hand, even though I know it wasn't pleasant to read. Give it some objective thought. I may be way wrong, and sometimes it's nice to be wrong. I hope this situation works out, and look forward to your stories about your experiences.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
If the things your boyfriend is telling you aren't true, he's jerking your chain and that would be a quick conversation to have.

Let's proceed as if the things your boyfriend is telling you are indeed true so we can discuss the situation.

It sounds as if your boyfriend is experiencing something called "demon oppression" from an infernal demon. There are different kinds of demons with infernal demons being those that are filled with extreme power and a raging hatred for God and all of His creations that have the possibility of having a meaningful relationship with God (i.e. They hate all of us humans for no reason, nothing we did to them).

Demonic oppression from an infernal demon is usually a prelude to outright possession. If left to run its course with no intervention, it is my understanding that outright possession usually leads to death by suicide.

It is extremely important that your boyfriend (or those who love him) does something about this situation, and does it quickly. I suggest involving Christian clergy, I would suggest either Catholic, Orthodox or Pentecostal as all three of those seem to take the subject of demonic possession seriously.

There is a Catholic exorcist on this site (JimD) that should be able to help you. Click the link below to see his YGS profile. He has his e-mail address embedded in most of his comments.

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=20563

I suggest you write him right away and ask him for advice. If for whatever reason JimD can not or will not help you, click on my name at the beginning of this comment and find my e-mail address and I will help you as best I can.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: