You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Sleep Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Haunting

 

Ever since I was little I was able to see spirits, but not all the spirits were nice. My mom knew this; she too was a psychic but didn't tell me of my family history until I was about 13 when she thought I could handle it. Because of this, I wasn't scared and found it normal when ghosts were to follow me where ever I go to tried to speak to them. Yes, many I helped cross over but there have been times when I felt something evil following me and it was hard to get rid of it on my own since I am still weak in my abilities. But where ever I go spirits seem to enter my room before crossing over.

About two years ago I was listening to a song called "Rose for the Dead" (I was a gothic young teen) when I saw something black outside my window. I backed off but I couldn't help but look again, the black figure was closer and I felt pure hate. I couldn't sleep that night. Just a few months back, something was haunting and screaming at me and when I lit a candle to send it off, the flame damn near exploded and burnt the glass and never melted the wax. Also I hate my parents' bedroom bathroom. It scares me to no end.

My mom lately has suggested talking to the spirits to help develop my power and so I have been trying to do so. Last night I felt annoyed because something was in my room that wouldn't leave me alone. So when I felt it was gone I went to sleep. I woke up around 4:33am this morning, and awoke to flashing lights. Something I am use to, but when I tried to go to sleep I couldn't.

I was lying on my back when I felt extremely weak so I rolled on my side and that's when it started. I heard a voice that was similar to mine but it was putting me down and saying mean/cruel things. I found myself unable to move and a hand on my leg. I heard growling and I was being bragged. Every time I tried to move the growling would get louder. I was close to tears because I couldn't scream but when I mentally screamed out for my mother, who is a more powerful psychic, I was released.

I found myself half dragged out of bed and now I have a large bruise forming on my lower leg. That leg for some reason is very cold, while the rest of me is still warm as well. Another thing is my cat refuses to leave my side since I left my room, but she won't go in my room when I do in. She sits by the door and stares into nothing which is worrying me because she might be seeing something I am not and I do feel scared in my room now.

My mom is asleep now and I really don't know what it was, and she works so I feel bad if I wake her. Can someone explain what's going on? And if any of these things are connected?

Other hauntings by Chained_Flower

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chained_Flower, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

glfc (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
it sounds like you have something powerfull attatched to you because of your spiritual expiriences. You need to get rid of it as soon as possible. If there's something your cat is seeing and you are not then that may suggest something following you is not a human spirit and never was human... Perhaps a demon... Look into this. If that is the case you need to get an excorsism performed a.s.a.p... If not a demon but a destressed spirit. Try talking to it nicely and ask it to leave. Its worth a try
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
My question though is do you think it could be something other than a jinn? Is the term jinn used to just summarize all paranormal species for an easier understanding?

Yes I would name a kitty that... I bet it would act like something scary too. All my animals live up to their names... FYI - don't name a cat Banshee (she never shut up)
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-03)
Hi Redphx,
You can say that, when I say jinn others may think of ghost or spirit. I think these jinn can have many forms, i.e. Ghost, spirit, human, animal, shadow figure, etc. Forms. So you may see me use the name jinn to describe many of these different kinds of supernatural stories in my comments.

That would be hilarious if you name a black cat jinn, as they morph into black cats too. I don't know if it would be offensive to jinn though or attract them to you or your cat... Be careful, they are not a joke or something to play with. I might do it, but I am not afraid of the jinn.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
Do you use jinn the same way other people use ghost? Or are jinn a different species all together? From what I am understanding a jinn is more of a spirit not a ghost. To handle a spirit is different than to handle a ghost.
I like the name though, I am going to get a little black kitten and name it jinn.
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
I advise you people to look up jinn and how much relationship they have to giving people bad dreams. You'll see I am far from being alone on this opinion. 1 in 6 people in the world, yes 1 in 6, know this to be true.

DCinAZ,
Don't give up home on me yet.;)

I believe there are other super natural things beside just jinn, but I believe most cases on this site are due to them. I'll only post a comment when I see something that is strikingly familiar or exactly known to be what jinn do. I will also mention other things besides jinn if I think it is some other spirit world entity.
Chained_Flower (5 stories) (11 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-29)
Haha, Thanks Hagi. I just wanted to end the "goth" discussion somehow. Cause that wasn't the main point in my post. So I mean no harm to what I said.
DCinAZ (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-28)
ChainedFlower, I'm happy to hear you will be posting a follow up, can't wait to hear what happened. [hagi] I stuck up for you once on an earlier post but after reading successive posts by you ascribing most problems to the jinn I realise what a mistake I've made. [Martin]"Typical reaction from old, narrow minded, conservative people"? Really? This is the one place I thought I'd be safe from 'typical narrow minded, liberal bias.' (lol)
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-25)
Gothic don't means Devil culture or anything But hey look at me I am into gothic but that doesn't mean devil things in cutlure so something evil is in your way got to go all you have to do is pray and thanks for story.
Chained_Flower (5 stories) (11 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Hey guys. Thank you very much for answering me. And believe me, I went straight to my mom as soon as she woke up. But I do want to clear something up.

When I said I was gothic, I did not mean I was into satanic worship, nor did I praise demons. I just meant I was very dark when I was younger and to most degree I am. Old habits die hard.

But I will be putting up a follow up to this, I just hope the post is up faster which will give you details of the outcome.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
hagi, ok I understand your point of view, which seems perfectly fine to me, I guess it was just the accusation toward the gothic folks which seemed to me really unwarranted. They're like punks, hippies, beatnicks, geeks, etc. Simply a subculture with their own interests and lifestyle choices. Sure they like to dress dark, listen to gloomy music and watch horror movies and such, but 99.99% of them do not worship demons or dabble with satanic rituals. Your comment seemed to me like the typical reaction from old, narrow minded conservative people towards anything slightly out of the norm they know. I mean, not long ago, they said jazz, rock and roll, Elvis and the Beatles were from the devil, which most people would now consider rather old fashion and harmless.

As you can imagine, most people browsing this very web site are a little out of the norm too.
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
I was assuming that the person had done witchcraft in their past, but I could be wrong. Sorry for my assumption without knowledge.
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Hi Martin,
I am not very familiar of what being goth is, sorry if I insulted anyone. I was under the impression that goth people are usually, and not always, into witch craft and other satanic type rituals where they talk to and worship other dark entities. It is my understanding that even if you do such rituals these evil spirits/jinn will still harass the person and make their life difficult. There is a communication barrier and it is easy for the jinn to get frustrated or still wish to harass or harm the person. Although doing such rituals may wield some supernatural occurrences, it is not worth it because of the negative feelings, harassment, and life after death punishment a person may get for doing such things. I think that the idea of the devil being on your side is always wrong, the devils' goals are to get you to go to Hell. And in this case it would be by siding with him and him misleading you directly by having you do impure things. Also, sometimes these spirits that are asked for help are thought to be positive or protective spirits, but in fact they too are evil since they have you performing acts of worship on them before they will help you. This is a grave sin as you are ascribing partners to God. These are surely devil to or other ill intending jinn.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Chained Flower: I agree with the posters who say have your Mom help...She's a stronger psychic, so you can use this event as a learning experience...Don't be afraid of it... Some entities cause fear because they "feed" on it, and become stronger... But for now: GO WAKE YOUR MOM! 😊

Hagi: Are you serious?... 😆
SmokeyEyes (10 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Chained Flower, I'd ask your mum to work with you to get rid of this, with her being a more practiced psychic. It will also help you to learn to deal with these things better as you get older. Have you tried surrounding yourself in white light and asking for protection before you sleep, or even whilst in your room? I really hope you get this sorted soon, and develop your gift so that you can continue to help others. All the best, L&L.

And hagi, I'm sorry, but that is completely untrue and a little offensive. What made you say that? If that were true, I'd probably not be typing this. Looking the way I do and listening to the music I do, does not make me 'satanic'.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
hagi, why would a "devil" attack someone because he's into "demonic" culture. Even if we were to accept that it had anything to do with a gothic lifestyle (I didn't know there was a demonic fashion police), it doesn't even makes sense from the devil perspective, he would be part of their team. 😕
IchabodCrane (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
I have no idea what happened to you, but I don't know a whole lot about ghost. That is some freaky crap that happened to you.
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
This is surely a devil jinn that you may have attracted to you by being into gothic culture which is very satanic. It is most likely just harassing you and wants to make your life difficult. Try to ignore it and when it is aggressive to you stand your ground and fight back if you can. Do not directly talk to it as you will most likely make things worse. Just try to be very God conscious and remember God when it is bothering you at night. They run away when you think of God. Look for a post from me as soon as the website allows new posts again. Be careful, this is not something to toy with. Don't be afraid either. Just be strong and hopefully it will get bored or give up on you and move on to its next victim.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
Chained Flower: I agree with Protected. I would be honest and tell my mother what's going on since it is happening under her roof and you are being hurt. This has gotten personal now, if you are being dragged out of bed and bruised. Your mother can possibly make them leave. Try your best to get a handle on your fear.
I wish you nothing but the best. Thank you for sharing this story!
Protected (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
I think you may want to tell your mom about this espcially since it's happening under her roof. You all need to be safe within your own home. I'm sure she won't tolerate its presence since you've been harmed by it and that really concerns me. Tell your mom immediately. She will know what to do. Good luck and stay safe ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: