You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Some Weird And Scary Stuff That's Happened 2

Real Ghost Stories

Some Weird And Scary Stuff That's Happened 2

 

Hey guys and girls.

My last post was about strange things that have happened to me, so here are a couple more that I think are weird. I do need to give a bit of background first, which may be boring, I'm not sure... If it is then I am really sorry. I feel I need to explain how bad the situation was and how close to the edge I was pushed in order for you to understand why I did something so stupid.

In February last year, my boyfriend and I were renting a 3 bedroom apartment in Essex (England). It was horrible, the carpet was threadbare, there were copper pipes hanging out of the walls, it was filthy from the last people who had lived there and had somehow managed to get grime on every surface in the place and the garden was a tangled mess. Unfortunately, it was all we could afford for the moment as my boyfriend wasn't working and the landlord was a distant family friend of my boyfriend's dad. The flat was horrible, but we did what we could with the place and we never saw or heard from the landlord for the entire 11 months we lived there, so we thought it was an ok situation.

My boyfriend has been friends with this couple who are my age for 3 years. I have never had much to do with them because I know they are heavily into cannabis, cocaine and various pills. The guy is one of my boyfriend's best friends however, so when he said the couple were coming to the end of the lease on their flat and had asked him if they could stay with us for a few days (with their cat) until they arranged somewhere else, I said OK, providing there would be no drugs in my home. We also took in my boyfriend's father's old Labrador for a while because he was in hospital.

Well, a few days turned into 9 months. The couple kept saying they didn't have enough money to move out (when they each earned more money than me and I was managing to support myself and my boyfriend on one wage) and only paying me a quarter of the rent each month and a quarter of the bills. Whenever I asked them why they couldn't pay their half, they told me they didn't have enough money. They would leave a week's worth of washing up in the kitchen and not do it until Sunday night, they began to ignore the 'no drugs' rule, and I would come home to find them stoned on my sofa almost every night. I complained to my boyfriend, who said he would talk to them. It got worse. I was working shifts at the time, and would come home sometimes at 3am on a Tuesday night to find the pair of them out of their tree on whatever it is they had decided to take. I decided enough was enough.

I looked online, and found an easy spell which is supposed to help get rid of an unwanted visitor. You light a green candle, write their name 3 times on a brown piece of paper, then cross each one out whilst saying "I banish you from my home, I banish you from my life" each time. Then you tear the paper up into small pieces and get it carried away from your home by water. I did this with both their names and flushed the pieces down the toilet. That's when things started to change for the worse.

The dog, who had never really done anything other than sleep, would suddenly bark at nothing in the middle of the night. One night I got out of bed to see what was bothering her, and she was frozen in the front room, staring into a corner of the room at nothing, but her ears were pricked up and her hackles were raised, she was very tense. I gently tugged on her collar until she eventually dragged her gaze away and followed me into the bedroom. I initially dismissed this as nothing, but it started to happen more frequently and always in the front room, but at different spots on the wall or ceiling. The couple changed as well. The girl became more malicious. She would make comments about my weight (I'm normal size by the way) and call me fat out of nowhere. She'd make remarks about my boyfriend's ex-girlfriends and lovers, saying she imagined they were much prettier and slimmer than me! I started coming home from work to find people I didn't know in my living room or sleeping on my couch when I hadn't been consulted. The dog wouldn't sit near her or be petted by her, which was very odd because the dog was so loving and friendly with everyone else, even strangers and other animals. The girl's own cat started to be skittish; it would suddenly streak out of the room and hide behind the washing machine in the kitchen, and wouldn't sit on her lap anymore. The girl would act inappropriately around my boyfriend, sitting on his lap, draping her arm over him, smacking his bum etc. I asked him about it and he said "she only does it when you're here, I don't get it." Whenever she did he would jokingly extract himself saying something like "hands off missy, I'm spoken for" etc.

The girl was out after work one Friday night with her colleagues, and my boyfriend was out with her fellow. My friend came round and over a couple of glasses of wine I told her everything. She said we should have a snoop in the girl's room to see if there were any clues as to why she was such a b*tch. We all had a rule that bedrooms were private, but by this point I didn't care. We went into the couple's room, and the stench was vile. There was a cat litter tray that hadn't been cleaned in weeks, and there were flies buzzing around the window and dead around the room. We were freaked out and left without looking through anything. I honestly couldn't stand the smell!

That night, I got up to go to the toilet in the early hours of the morning, and didn't hear anyone walking around. When I opened the bathroom door, she was just stood there in the dark hall, smiling at me. I didn't say anything, just pushed past and walked down the hall to my room. I turned to close the door and she was still stood in the same place, still with that weird smile. I felt really freaked out and had tears in my eyes, I woke my boyfriend up and he went to the door and looked, but she was gone. I didn't sleep that night.

When the couple weren't in the house, I would sometimes watch TV in the living room, one afternoon I was home on my own, and I suddenly felt very uneasy, and cold. The dog started whimpering and staring at the wall, then barked. I stared too to try and see what she was seeing, but there was nothing. I asked her what was wrong but she wouldn't look at me. I started to feel tingling in the palms of my hands and soles of my feet. I grabbed her collar and pulled her with me into my bedroom, and slammed the door. I threw the duvet over us both and phoned my boyfriend to come home now, I was so terrified that he humoured me. I felt intimidated in my own home; I would come home from work and go straight to my room. I began to eat my meals in my room too and spend a lot more time round at my parents place or with my brother and his wife, who lived nearby. I felt truly miserable, and I was sure that the stupid spell I had done had made the problem worse.

One afternoon, I was in my room reading, my boyfriend was down in the manky garden pegging out our washing. It was just us two and my door was open. My rabbits were living in an indoor hutch in our room as the garden was so full of nettles, and they were grazing and grooming each other. They are pretty chilled out and used to the dog and cat. I heard this massive CRASH from the end of the bed, and looked up to see them flying around their cage in terror, then I nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw the girl stood in my doorway, still in her work clothes and with that creepy smile on her face. I hadn't heard the front door open or her come up the stairs. The rabbits were cowering under the ledge in their hutch and I could see their eyes were wide with terror. I tried to act like she hadn't frightened me and said "What? What do you want? You scared my bunnies." She just tilted her head and smiled wider. The rabbits were thumping their back legs on the bottom of their cage (the signal for danger) furiously, and I wanted to move to comfort them, more than anything I wanted to scream for my boyfriend, but she was still staring at me and I felt like I couldn't move. I swallowed hard and it took all my resolve to open my mouth. I shouted "WHAT is your PROBLEM? I haven't done ANYTHING to you!" she just didn't say anything which terrified me even more, and I screamed out the window for my boyfriend. She chuckled and I heard her mutter something like "Yeah, like he can help you." and she lazily turned and strolled down the hall. My boyfriend came rushing in and found me a sobbing wreck. I told him I wanted her out of my home NOW.

I texted my friend and told her what had happened. She told me that putting salt in a person's shoes was guaranteed to make them leave. You'd think I'd have learned the first time about the havoc these little spells can cause, obviously not. That night, before I went to bed I said I was just taking the dog outside for a quick wee, I swiped a pair of his trainers that were left in the porch and I took her work shoes. I took the salt out of my pocket and sprinkled a good pinch into each shoe, whilst whispering "get out of my home enemy" and concentrating as hard as I could on mental images of them packing their belongings up and driving away in a van, just like my friend had told me to. I replaced the shoes and called the dog back in, and went to bed feeling a little happier. I told my mum what I had done the next day and she looked worried.

Three days later, the landlord paid an unannounced visit for the first time ever. He said he had not agreed to the couple living there (which was a lie), and that we were subletting and all had to leave immediately with no notice given. I was glad to be shot of the place to be honest. My boyfriend and I went to stay with my parents until we found our new home in North London, which is lovely. My mum said to me "It was the salt in the shoes. Be careful what you wish for sweetheart because anything you do can come back to bite you on the bum."

The couple moved into an expensive flat not far from our new home, so all the bullcrap about not having enough money to pay the cheaper rent on our last place was lies. Since we moved I haven't seen or spoken to the couple. My boyfriend sees the guy once a week for a drink, I told him we needed the girl out of our lives because of the strange and scary vibes she seemed to give off. He hasn't seen her for a year.

I have another strange thing that occurred the night before last to do with this girl, but I'll leave that for another post. Thanks for reading, and I'm sorry it ended up so long. I couldn't stop once I got started.

Other hauntings by Worried_Brit_Chick

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Worried_Brit_Chick, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Michore (30 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-09-08)
People are probably going to hate me for this, but oh well.

What do did to those people wasn't very nice, couldn't you have done something that wanted them to want to leave, like a good opportunity or something? Instead you made their situation even worse, I mean where's the humanity, are they people like you or not? I'm not trying to condemn you or anything, but doing something for your own gain while causing great harm to others is not a good thing, no matter the excuse.

When you picture that girls face, remember you caused it, whether its an accident or not.
karmakers (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-06)
good god I have been in the position of having to put up with unwanted company and after a good amount of time and after making it obvious I didn't want the girl in my home (and her NOT taking the hint) I had to literally throw her out. I don't know you put up with that. This girl sounds ten times more worse than what I put up, with I'm afraid I would have dragged her out by the hair soon as she touched the boyfriend...
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-24)
That was crazy. I don't think that I would have been able to put up with it for as long before some anger or something would have gotten the best of me.

(By the way, what if peanut butter is mixed with cheese with half of the crust is cut off and the other half is left on while you eat the sandwhich? πŸ˜•)

Peace
JustCurious
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
from what I can gather it seems that either something was their already and her negative energy just streanthend it but I feel more lkely she brought it with her, I don't realy do demon or posesion but negative spirits can over shadow and influence the actions especialy if the person is emotionaly unbalanced or depressed it makes her feel worse she then makes you feel bad and whatever is there is is loving it you did the best thing you could have you got out and left her to it, and listening to the animal signals well you can never go wrong doing that if they arnt happy nor should you be.
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
biblefreeme, do you think that something attached itself to her because of the spell I did? Or do you think it would have happened that way anyway?

Thanks

Flibb x
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
this girl must have such a nasty streak to her personality I have met a few of them over the years unfortunately these negative people atract negative energy and entitys and I think that may have been what was overshadowing her personality it being aware that you felt its presence made you a target I'm just glad you are happy now remember in the future don't ever put any one up It usualy ends badly its very rare that someone is made homless and not had a hand in there own downfall the drugs for example.
twisted_individual (4 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
omg that was creepy! Esp. When that girl was standing in the hallway with a creepy grin on her face... Yikes! Good story tho!

Thanks!

Maricel
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-25)
Thanks again guys, you're all so full of wisdom 😁 and I'd like to thank you for not telling me off for dabbling with spells when I know nothing about them, it's greatly appreciated!

Loganz_sis - the doggy in this story (Shannon) has gone back to live with my boyfriend's Dad now, because he got better and came out of hospital. I honestly believe Shannon kept me sane, she is one of the most beautiful and loving creatures I have ever encountered. She has this calming atmosphere around her and manages to cheer everyone up as soon as they see her. The fact that she wouldn't go near the girl rang alarm bells in my head. I miss Shan loads as we only see her occasionally, but I have a 5 month old Springer Spaniel now and he is just the love of my life! ❀
Also, be wary of being in your colleage's space for a while then, if anything bad is going to happen (e.g. He gets fired) you do NOT want to get caught in the area!

Cosmo, your post made me giggle, the spells sound so simple and harmless, but look what happened! Never in a million years had I expected it to go so wrong! My advice would be just being brave and telling unwanted people to buzz off... I wonder if I'll ever be the kind of person brave enough to do that?! Ha ha.

Moongrim, good advice, thank you! I have definitely learned from my mistakes, and am careful about who I even let set foot in my house nowadays! As far as I'm concerned it's our refuge space and only family or invited close trusted friends are allowed in! No negative energy at all merci beaucoup!

Trix, you had the much better plan of throwing your unwanted houseguests stuff out onto the pavement! Good on you!
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-25)
Hi, I agree with Darkness. Remember they are with negative vibes around them. They didn't even have a heart to feel guilty about making your life hell in your own home. A kind of person who doesn't feel anything for other people is heartless, rude and without love or respect. Such a person I see as evil and they bring evil into your house. I think you are a very good person- actually TOO good sitting with this for 9 months.
My husband and I husband had the same problem once and we just through their stuff on the pavement. Don't ever let anyone take control over your life and happiness like that again chase them out off your home and life. They say put the trash where the trash belongs. Take care. Trix. ❀
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Another thing that just popped up in my head is something a colleague let's call him S told me earlier this week.
There is a girl in my office who has a lot of problems with S, and that morning S had taken some pictures of this girl painting her nails in office and joked that he would send them to her boss and show how productive she has been! She took offence, and the next day she was snooping around his desk, when he got to office there was a white powder stuff all over his desk and computer... He said something about it being salt!
Alarm bells are going off in my head!
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
You know what I enjoyed reading the most in your story - "I grabbed her collar and pulled her with me into my bedroom, and slammed the door. I threw the duvet over us both and phoned my boyfriend to come home now, I was so terrified that he humored me"

If anyone has ever read some of my other comments they will know I am a HUGE dog lover. This comforted me to no limits:)
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
You know what this may not have anything to do with the small spells you made. This couple were obviously very negative people involving themselves into drugs and all sorts, thus attracting negative things into your home. I'm just looking at this from another perspective, it could very well have been from the spells I am unsure.

I am glad that you did eventually move on from that horrible time of your life I wish you all the best for the future.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
To be truthful, I can see what drove you to it. I've experienced the
'roommates from hell' myself and I know how draining they can be. Honestly, I don't know how you put up with it for so long. At least it's behind you now. I wish you all the best and sunny days for your future! (Crust or no crust, cheese or peanut butter!) πŸ˜† 😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
At first I was all like "Oh cool I can use this to get rid of a few unwanted people in my life" Then as I continued to read I was like OMG! 😲 Ummm maybe not. That is so crazy how that little spell backfired like that. This woman turned into one evil _itch. Excuse my language. You have the patience of a saint WBC cause I would have tossed that girl out by the roots of her hair. At least the salt in the shoes got you out of that run down flat and you were able to save for a nicer place. I am so glad that you and your boyfriend are keeping your distance from them.

Rook: Your sermons are always enlightening and lead us effortlessly down the path of spirtual midnight snacking LOL! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
thanks for the good advice guys, and JuuJuu you're so right, I should have thought better about the way I worded things! Luckily for me it worked out for the better, but I doubt I would land on my feet a second time.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
I can understand the 'roommates from hell' story. I've encountered the same thing only from relatives!

So if you complain about relatives and their hypocrisy, you're the bad guy. Even though the landlord lied about not allowing the subletting, he still chose to be the bug bear and allowed you to get out of the situation.

Personally, I would've insisted about their terms and had them stay true to them, and had your beau back you up, or leave him. Those folks were bad news on so many levels: physical and spiritual.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
But, what happens if I cut the crust off a chicken salad sandwich? Is there any hope for me? 😨
Shielding, as Granny and Rook mentioned, is very important. I'd also like to add that how you word a spell is also important. Leave no room for loopholes. You must state exactly what you want, and how you want it to happen. Energy is like water, it will follow the path of least resistance. And, in this case, the path of least resistance was for everyone to be out of the apartment. Careful wording puts "checks" in the flow of energy, to make it flow the way you want it to.
I hate to say "good story" because it would've sucked to deal with that woman. Nothing good for you about it. I'll say "well-told story" instead. ❀
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Ha ha ha, that cracked me up 😁

And yes please, I really would love to know more about these 'shield' deeleys. Believe me, after this experience I have not allowed anything more than a scented candle into my new home, but I think it would be very useful to know more. Thank you for your kind offer:-)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
And it is this professed 'love' for cheese and not the 'LORD' that Damn's YE... Follow not the Peanut Butter for it shall lead ye to dark and sticky places... Cut not the Crust from the Bread for it is akin to separating your soul from your body leading to eternal damnation... (PLEASE LAUGH) 😲

Now to focus on the story... The salt seemed to 'do the trick', funny how things like that can 'come to pass' in ways we do not anticipate. Your first casting however, the candles with the names... I know of a few variations of that one... But without 'protectives' in place things can back fire and 'invite' unwanted 'things' into ones life. If you want I can explain how to 'cast a protective 'shield' or two... This would include a way to 'shield' your home from negative energies... Yours for the asking if you want...

Respectfully,

Rook
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
well granny if you cut the crusts off the sandwich then you're definitely satanic, and if you left the crusts on the sandwich then you are clearly a crust cannibal and will be damned to hell! πŸ˜‰
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Brit Chick: I know right?...Maybe I shouldn't have eaten that peanut butter sandwich at 3:00 this morning while reading on the computer!...Oh no, does this mean I'm "satanic"? πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
thanks Granny ❀ I've never even heard of putting a shield up, it's pretty lucky that worse things didn't happen!

Rest assured I will NEVER be trying anything like that again, I thoroughly spooked myself! And thanks for the warning, if we paid any attention to people who told us we were going to be damned to hell, no one would ever do anything! I'm pretty sure eating cheese is a damnable offence somewhere in the world... I love cheese 😁

Thanks again, you're always full of wisdom xxxx
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Brit Chick: Even small spells like those you mentioned can have an adverse effect if not done completely correct... First of all you should always put up a protective shield around yourself... And DON'T forget the words: "And harm it none" before the "so mote it be"...If the spell you're casting will be harmful, then there will be no result if these words are spoken...

There are quite a few Wiccans on this site who can advise you better than I...I'm absolutely positive that this story will bring out the ones who are going to tell you you're damned to hell for dabbling in the occult, so be prepared πŸ˜†

Great story, and thank you for posting... One of my faves! 😊 ❀

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: