You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Amateur Ghost Hunter

Real Ghost Stories

Amateur Ghost Hunter

 

This is my first time doing a post so please bear with me. I am 35 years old and have had many paranormal experiences in my life. The paranormal had always been an interest of mine. Whether it be watching tv shows or movies dealing with the paranormal. My experiences I will write about later but right now I'm pretty sure I have proof in a photo that I would like to share and would love any type of feed back.

This story starts about 2yrs ago. My ex brother inlaw and I have a lot in common when it comes to the paranormal. We had always talked about going ghost hunting and never really had the courage enough to actually go do it. Well one day we were seriously talking about going just to try it out and see if we could get anything. We planned a night to go to a local cemetary for a few hours with our digital cameras and each of us had a voice recorder so we could do a EVP sessions in a few spots where we heard other people talk about. This is a place where we have heard of activity happening over the years, even as a kid I have heard of things like shadows and full apparitions and unexplained voices.

Amateur Ghost Hunter

Anyways, while we were out there we would see shadows out of the corner of our eyes and what sounded like footsteps either walking by us or a few feet away around some of the grave stones. Every time we heard something we would stop and take a few pictures and stop and ask questions to see if we would get a response.

Later that night when we got back to his house to go over some of the pics and the voice recorders we couldn't believe what we found. We found a few pictures with orbs and a few voices on the voice recorders that were direct responses to some of the questions we were asking. But the thing that we have captured and still nothing beats it after is a picture of a transparent face hovering above one of the grave stones. But I'm posting it to get other peoples feed back on the picture, and you decide if you see what I see and anyone else that has seen in the picture.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, markp35, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MyNameIsBill (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-08)
I cannot see anything can someone help me?
Also I may try to do ghost hunting too.
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-26)
Hi Hoochler,
Yes, your description of me is correct for the most part. I do believe there can be other unknown creatures besides just jinn as JarMan asked or other explanations to some of the stories on here. I know there are other creatures we can see like Angels or shadows cast off them. I also know there are other creatures like Baraq (Yeah, the same name as Barack Obama) that can travel great distances in an instant. I am sure there are so many other things we can't see that we have no knowledge of. I understand that most westerners think of a jinn as a Genie in Aladdin, but that is what I am here trying to correct.:) That is, if the site allows me to submit a story. Also, I am not just basing my knowledge off the Quran but I also have had many first hand experiences with jinn. I have seen them on several occasions and even fought with them even almost killing one before...

JarMan,
For my posts you can just think spirit if you want or name the jinn whatever you want. It is my belief that many cultures have their own name for jinns over the years anyway, i.e. Shadow people, moth man, spirit, ghost, goblin, gremlin, troll, leprechaun, etc. I am sorry if my confidence in my posts is something new to you. I sincerely just wish to help those suffering from fear or the harassment of these "spirits".

Anyway, this is my last comment on this post as I don't want to hijack the post. We can take the conversation offline if you guys like.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Actually JarMan I was assuming that you personally were using the first vague definition of a jinn that you presented on this comment thread...

On 23NOV10 Jarman said:
"... The literal definition of a jinn is a "Arabic Genie"."

I was trying to tell hagi most westerners don't have the same idea of jinn that Muslims are taught, and the blue Robin Williams genie came to mind as a literal way to express that idea.
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Please, don't try to assume I am thinking of a blue spiritual version of Robin Williams, that is not what I am thinking of.

"Jinns - In Arabic, a genie (also jinn, Djinn) is a supernatural creature which occupies a parallel world to that of mankind, and together with humans and angels makes up the three sentient creations of God (Allah). Possessing free will, a djinn can be either good or evil."

That is the definition I am referring to. To me, that is suggesting a Jinn is a inhuman entity, it was never a human to begin with.

If this is even similar to his idea, he is simply making the assumption that every single one of the stories he has referred to on here has all be occupied to Jinn, which I think is a unreasonable suspicion.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
I'm not saying I agree or disagree with hagi's coments (I have not even read any other of his comments than the ones he made on this page), but from the context of Jar's complaint, hagi is likely just expressing a belief he learned in the Quran.

The Quran teaches that jinn are a varied group of non-incarnating beings who have the free will to choose between good and evil (just as man does) that are made from smokeless fire and inhabit the spirit world but can be found on our plane of existence from time to time as well in spirit form.

Correct me if I'm wrong hagi, but you are not saying that you think that Disney's Alladin blue genie is what you mean by a jinn. It is this blue genie image that most westerners think of when they hear the word jinn or genie.

I think hagi is just expressing his sincere beliefs through the lens he has been taught to understand the spirit world.
JarMan (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Every single post he has made on these forums has been about "Jinn", Hagi is either misinformed or some sort of troll and has been constantly misinforming people.

If he meant "spirit" he can say spirit, there is no reason to specifically use the word Jinn when that word is defined by a cultural experience.
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Jarman, sorry but that is what I believe it is. That is my honest opinion. I will only comment about jinn when I see a post that I see matches what I know about them.
markp35 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
thank you everyone for your feedback! I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees something out of the ordinary in the pic. When I sent this to a local paranormal group, they said they didn't see anything and that's why I decided to post it here and get other opinions.
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Jarman, you may not agree with hagi and that's your right but as far as I can tell he has not been anything but respectful in his comments. I see no reason for you to be disrespectful of him.
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Hello Mark, I looked at the photo before reading any of the comments and what I see is a males face w/mustache facing slightly skyward. I say facing skyward because I'm not sure if the eyes are open or closed. After reading the comments I went back and looked again to see if my original asessment had changed in any way and it hasn't. Thanks for the opportunity to offer feedback and good hunting.
louie (12 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
Looks like matrixing when I first looked at it just looked like a blob then I read what some one said about it looking like a face then I saw a face therefore matrix!
JarMan (guest)
-3
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
Well on the bigger headstone I see a large head with large protruding lips and fangs. 😉

I'd also like to take a moment to tell hagi to shut up. Every single one of your posts have been about "jinn", I don't know what your ethnicity is, but the literal definition of a jinn is a "Arabic Genie". You need to lay off that crap.
markp35 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
Thank you for the comments everyone. I do appreciate the feed back on the photo. I do agree with snowhite... That is exactly what I see too.
JarMan (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
Patterns don't mean anything, it's called image matraxing, it's when your mind takes fimilar images and shapes and finds them in everyday patters, like in clouds, on stones and in the grains of wood.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
I see a face like pattern in the lichen covering the headstone on the left.

Http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=patternicity-finding-meaningful-patterns
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
Cemeteries are a place where jinn like to live. You have capture a jinn in your picture.
snowhite (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
I looks like a woman's face since the feature is kind of gentle. By the way, I am more interested in the voice you heard on the tape, can you let us know what questions you asked and how they responded.

Thanks
TessaGonzalez (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
Wow! Great photo and thanks for sharing. I wonder if the face mathces that of the tombstone's owner.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
That's a really interesting photo. I don't have any idea what that could be. Maybe a ghostie:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: