You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Ghost Taking Jewellery

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Taking Jewellery

 

I am newly married. I am the 4th wife of my current husband, and his previous wife died 5 years ago. We live in the house that he and she lived in. Recently, my wedding ring from a former marriage came up missing. It has been gone for about 3 weeks now, and I'm wondering if it will be returned.

In the past, my former husband could not find his wedding ring. We suspicioned that a ghost had taken it. My former husband's uncle had died at the age of 10 and had been notorious for playing tricks on relatives, i.e., taking jewellery, keys, even can openers! At that time, we demanded the ghost to return my husband's ring and it was found on top of a gym bag we had looked through only minutes before its appearance.

Another instance involved the disappearance of keys. My former husband couldn't find his keys and needed to leave for an important meeting. He searched everywhere, even tossing all the pillows and cushions off the sofa. He called and cancelled his meeting, and returned to the living room to find the keys lying on the arm of the sofa!

Now I am faced with the disappearance of a sentimental ring, and wonder if someone or some spirit could have taken it. More importantly, will I get it back?

Blondie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blondie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Your husband's name is not Bluebeard, I hope? 😊 Are you sure no one, even a trustworthy someone, had your code?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-11-29)
blondie: Have you tried to explain to your ghostie how important the ring is to you?...Try to do the "mommy guilt trip" on it 😆...Ask her/him how he/she would feel if something so important had been stolen from them... Sometimes it works!...

Good luck ❤
blondie (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-29)
I feel powerless about getting my ring back. I've looked everywhere, and have asked the spirit to please give it back. Can anyone help?
Memoge (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-25)
just ask for it sternly and kindly
I am sure it will give it to you
Good luck!
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
blondie: If telling the spirit or the entity to return the things that they took from you will work, then do so. It is not bad laying out rules in the house. As I always say, if the ghost will not cause any harm then maybe talking to it will be good.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
blondie: It could be just a matter of asking for it back sternly and politely, this tends to work majority of the time. Spirits do tend to move things and take things, this I believe is an attention seeking thing, they want to be acknowledged.
I hope your property will be returned to you soon.😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Nicolawalsh (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Well I have some experience with this my grandmother passed away in 01 and I was given my grandmother's jewelry. I placed the jewelry in a locked fire proof safe which was hidden in my home and one which I was the only person in the world with the code. Well from time to time I took out the jewelry whenever I missed my grandmother and I took inventory of everything cleaned them etc I even wrote it down and checked it off and dated these sheets I come from a retail background hey I can't help it. Well I sold my home and before packing the moving truck I was going to take the jewelry out and keep it with me for the ride to the new house when I went to make sure all of the stuff was there two significant ring's were missing my grandmothers engagement ring and a ring which belonged to her mother were gone vanished I was shocked I just remember crying and crying but I know there was no way they were taken by anybody being in a locked box and I know I did not lose them thanks to my inventory sheet's. I have no explanation for where these two rings went and I think about them all the time since that was back in about 06 the rings are still gone and sadly I doubt I will ever see them again. So I believe that there is the possibility of the same thing happening to you who ever took your rings took them for a reason at least that is what comforts me even though I want them back so badly and I know you want yours back as well. Although like you mentioned maybe it is a good idea to just ask for the ring and whatever else back that is one thing I did not try because I just felt like whoever took them for a reason.
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
It's a pretty common occurrence for spirits to displace things that belong to the living. I have had it happen to myself and many other people will attest to this sort of paranormal experience.

I have never had something taken from me though, it was usually simply moved to another place. Sometimes it was a really weird and awkward place, but it was moved.

In any event, just ask the spirit to return what is yours and hope you'll run across it. Don't expect it to materialize out of thin air.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: