You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man In The Bathroom

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In The Bathroom

 

This is a rather old story, maybe two years old; it's also my first experience with the paranormal. This story occurred in Madison, Ohio during an annual family trip to Lake Erie. As usual, we rented a house for a week, but this time, we rented a new house. It was much larger to support the ten people we normally had. However, we all have reason to believe there was another person there before us.

For the first few days, everything was fine. We got there safely; we got settled comfortably, etc. The beach was amazing and we swam there all the time. Anyhow, one night I snuck downstairs with my cousin Nicholle to talk to our older cousins when we should have been sleeping. We were sitting on the couch when Jeremy said, "Someone's coming downstairs!" We all pretended to be sleeping, while Richie ran into the bathroom.

After a few moments, Jeremy said, "Okay, Richie. You can come out of the bathroom now." Richie didn't emerge from the bathroom. He emerged from the side bedroom he was staying in. Needless to say, we were kind of confused. Jeremy then said he had seen someone with a white shirt (like the one Richie was wearing) walk into the bathroom!

For the rest of the night, we all heard footsteps walking up and down the stairs.

The next morning, my other cousin, Brit, ran downstairs in the morning, crying. She said she had woken up and couldn't open the door. The door didn't have a lock, so there was no way she could have been locked in. She then continued to tell us that she had woken up because the door had slammed shut. As she was trying to get out, the closet door opened, and the windows slammed shut. She said she started crying more and then the door miraculously opened.

It was a scary week for us. The adults never experienced anything, but we did. We still go there, and little things have happened.

Other hauntings by Namirixi

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Namirixi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-25)
Yes it does sound like something was there with you all. These things can change themselves to look like whoever or whatever they want to. They can also change their voice and sound like someone or something like an animal as well.
I know your cousin was frightened. I'm glad no one was hurt.
Thanks for sharing.
Zorforler (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Well as long as it doesn't hurt you, you will be ok. I'm sure it didn't mean any harm just trying to get your attention. So don't worry.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: